Disappointed with Labadee

dlh136

Spent part of the day at Labadee from the Oasis Cruise 2/18-2/25. Probably exited the boat around 10, returned around 2. Went to Nellie's Cove like people have suggested. At first the place was fine - attendant helped us get four loungers together along the wall. Closed my eyes briefly, awoke to find hardly any room to walk. We rented two floating cushions that the kids used in the water and they enjoyed. But, with so many people on the beach, you could hardly get to the water without having to jump over a lounge chair or some beach equipment.

We walked over to the shops, but they were so crowded we walked out. The buffet had two lines that were fairly long, so we decided to go back to the ship for lunch. The venue seemed nice, but 6000 guests getting off the boat at once filled the venue to capacity. Even the Columbus Cove beach on the ocean side was pretty crowded. Next time, will stay on board.

Spent part of the day at Labadee from the Oasis Cruise 2/18-2/25. Probably exited the boat around 10, returned around 2. Went to Nellie's Cove like people have suggested. At first the place was fine - attendant helped us get four loungers together along the wall. Closed my eyes briefly, awoke to find hardly any room to walk. We rented two floating cushions that the kids used in the water and they enjoyed. But, with so many people on the beach, you could hardly get to the water without having to jump over a lounge chair or some beach equipment.

We walked over to the shops, but they were so crowded we walked out. The buffet had two lines that were fairly long, so we decided to go back to the ship for lunch. The venue seemed nice, but 6000 guests getting off the boat at once filled the venue to capacity. Even the Columbus Cove beach on the ocean side was pretty crowded. Next time, will stay on board.

Labadee is my favorite private island.

Seemed like a nice stop. Excellent to walk from the dock right into the area. Had a band and singers playing once on land. Short pleasant walk to Nellie's Cove and signage was good. The water was very calm for the kids on the floating cushions.

By the time the place was crowded to exit Nellie's Cove, we had to walk a tight-rope like walk on the brick wall separating the beach from the second level. One mis-step and you flop down on someone's lounger.

The concept seemed good - we should have just walked around the area to find a new spot, but my kids were hungry and the lines were long.

just booked a cruise that included a stop in Labadee, with shore excursions on sale till tomorrow, we decided to take a look.

we could not believe the prices!

I remember stopping there back in 2011 when we were aboard the Allure, and the roller coaster was $5 per ride. without any reservations, I went over about 2 hours before sailing, and was able to go up and down a few times.

they did not have cabana's then, but they do now, but the cost for that is even more ridiculous. so I'm staying on board and booking myself a massage!!

The 2 times we went, we disembarked pretty early. Found a spot near a food and drink area. No trouble getting loungers and enjoying the water and beach. Not overly crowded. When it was time for lunch, we went before the line got extremely long and ate. That was our beach day and then went back to the ship. We are not sit in the sun all day long folks anyway.

First time we went to the area where you looked at the ship. Second time we went to the area you could see the zipline people zipping past you. Both were great.

Our first time there, was also my first and last attempt at yoga.

We were aboard the Navigator, as this was before they upgraded the pier to allow the ships to be docked, we had to tender onto the island. Predicting a long wait for the tender, we signed up for the morning yoga class, which also guaranteed us a seat on the very first tender ashore.

So, we took our yoga mats all the way to the back, where the roller coaster is now (this is also before the roller coaster and the zip line were built), and we laid out our yoga mats. I think I got as far as the 4th pose (corpse), never knew what the 5th one was; the yoga instructor asked my wife whether I was okay, she told her not to worry, as I was snoring. The sound of the waves, the wind against the palm trees, comfortable mat on a nice beach ...

I highly recommend yoga on the beach!! :D Also the last time my wife takes (drags) me to yoga.

I really enjoyed that beach day, as it was purely a simple beach day. We lounged around, played some beach volleyball, swam, ate lunch, bought a few adult soft drinks. We kept an eye on the tender queue, and got on when we thought it was as short as it was going to be. Totally different from the production it is today!

Traveling on Oasis with family, including 80 year old. She gets around pretty good. We booked 2 clamshells, just wondering which part of the beach has the clamshells and how far would it be from the ship....T.I.A.

The clamshells are on Adrenaline beach, which is the longest beach at Labadee spanning the entire north side of the peninsula. My recollection is that the clamshells are at the east end of the beach (furthest away from the pier), but that would only be about .3 miles if you walked. They have several trams that pick you up at various spots and take you to/from the pier, so if walking that far was a concern, the trams make it very doable.

Traveling on Oasis with family, including 80 year old. She gets around pretty good. We booked 2 clamshells, just wondering which part of the beach has the clamshells and how far would it be from the ship....T.I.A.

a bit of google ...

according a blog site (URL removed):

"The beach loungers are set up on Adrenaline Beach, which is the beach opposite of where your Royal Caribbean ship is docked, somewhat underneath the path of the Dragon's Flight zip line."

for the layout of the resort:

http://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/labadee-port-824

Our first time there, was also my first and last attempt at yoga.

We were aboard the Navigator, as this was before they upgraded the pier to allow the ships to be docked, we had to tender onto the island. Predicting a long wait for the tender, we signed up for the morning yoga class, which also guaranteed us a seat on the very first tender ashore.

So, we took our yoga mats all the way to the back, where the roller coaster is now (this is also before the roller coaster and the zip line were built), and we laid out our yoga mats. I think I got as far as the 4th pose (corpse), never knew what the 5th one was; the yoga instructor asked my wife whether I was okay, she told her not to worry, as I was snoring. The sound of the waves, the wind against the palm trees, comfortable mat on a nice beach ...

I highly recommend yoga on the beach!! :D Also the last time my wife takes (drags) me to yoga.

I really enjoyed that beach day, as it was purely a simple beach day. We lounged around, played some beach volleyball, swam, ate lunch, bought a few adult soft drinks. We kept an eye on the tender queue, and got on when we thought it was as short as it was going to be. Totally different from the production it is today!

:'):'):')

This made my day! LOL! You fell asleep during the yoga class!

Thanks for making me laugh and smile this morning! :D