Is this a good deal? ALASKA cruise

Guest irene219z

Guest irene219z

Hi everyone,

I decided on to buy Princess Ruby for my holiday trip in May 2019.

I'm doing interior stateroom.

Current offer of Princess is $50 onboard, free upgrades if available, free gratitude and extra $50 credit.

I wonder if this is a good deal, or if I should wait for another deal.

I've been checking on the price for months, and don't feel like the actual price is really changing. Offers vary by months, don't remember the details so don't know if this is a good enough deal.

Ideas, please!

Thank you.

I really like the late booking deals, a few weeks before sailing, which were around this year for the start of the season in Alaska,

No OBC, no free anything just a cost per 7 days of as little as $299 plus taxes.

May happen next year, may be not, who knows?

I did 4 x B2B like that several years ago roundtrip Vancouver for the same cost but at the end of the season, it was good.

I really like the late booking deals, a few weeks before sailing, which were around this year for the start of the season in Alaska,

No OBC, no free anything just a cost per 7 days of as little as $299 plus taxes.

I did 4 x B2B like that several years ago roundtrip Vancouver for the same cost but at the end of the season, it was good.

I’ve never seen 7 days for $299- where do you see these?

Guest irene219z

I don't want to buy the last minute deal. I am planning to buy it his month or so. Just want to know whether there is usually a better deal than this or not. Thanks.

I like the 3 for free better than the sip and sale. You did not quote a fare for your cruise. Is the Ruby doing a Seattle round trip? If you buy it now, you can hunt for air fares. Lots of pros and cons.

I’ve never seen 7 days for $299- where do you see these?

The forum rules prohibit me telling you, but if you poke around you usually find them with various agencies a few weeks before sailing in any year when there are too many ships in Alaska - and that seems to be most years.

I think that the last minute deals that Griller mentioned are about as good as you will find. It sounds like you were considering the “3 for free” promotion. Many people like that sale. Other than that there is no way of knowing what the very best deal might be because fares can fluctuate.

Hi everyone,

I decided on to buy Princess Ruby for my holiday trip in May 2019.

I'm doing interior stateroom.

Current offer of Princess is $50 onboard, free upgrades if available, free gratitude and extra $50 credit.

I wonder if this is a good deal, or if I should wait for another deal.

I've been checking on the price for months, and don't feel like the actual price is really changing. Offers vary by months, don't remember the details so don't know if this is a good enough deal.

Ideas, please!

Thank you.

seems like its averaging over $800 per person plus taxes for inside for those weeks

seems a lot to me but then I don't book short cruises far ahead

The OBC and gratuities are worth a bit, check to see if the OBC is per passenger or per cabin - makes a big difference

The 3 for 3 deal, which you are talking about, is one of the better deals, in my opinion. We did Alaska on the Ruby last May and waited until late to book. Alaska is becoming more popular every year and prices aren't dropping last minute like they used to. If you are planning to book this month, then the 3 for 3 is the Princess deal you have available to you. I think it's a good one. Free gratuities saves you about $100 per person and that's nice.

I would check a few travel sites/online agencies (I don't think I'm allowed to post names) or your travel agent to see what they might offer in addition to Princess's perks and go for it. You'll love Alaska on the Ruby. I highly recommend the food tour in Juneau. =)