Epic Studio Cabin 12515

queenschick9b

I wanted to make a seperate thread on this room because I just finished a cruise in the room. I booked it because it was close to the mini-suite my parents were in and didn't have a connecting door (which I had the first time I sailed the Epic and I felt like I could hear the tv in the next room the whole trip). About a week before I went I looked for cruise room reviews and everyone was saying how loud the doors were (its between the doors to the studio lounge and the doors the main hallway.)

I just wanted to let people know since then they have change the mechanisms on the doors and they don't slam any more. I think I heard one close 1 time over the course of 7 days. I would highly recommend the room because it was so close to the elevators and the lounge, so the location, to me, was great. I will say that often times the door to the hallway didn't close all the way - that didn't bother me, but if that is one of the reasons you are booking the studio - it is probably just something good to know.

Happy to answer any questions about the cabin.

Thank you for the post. I'm in room 12531. It's not a connecting room and I can't tell on the deck plan what I'm next too. Hopefully nothing that's loud!

Did the size of the room make you feel cramped? Can people see from the outside if you leave the curtain open?

Any suggestions on packing?

This was my 3rd time staying in the studio - 1 time on Breakway and 2x on epic. I will say that the first time I did feel horribly cramped and woke up super panicked, but advice i got here really helped. I leave the bridge view station on, so during the day it was like a window and the morning it was like a natural sunrise. I also learned to be neater - you can't be messy/cluttered in a tiny room and they really do give you a million places to store things. They can't see you, but they can see there is a light or like a shadow. I honestly always kept my blinds open.

I'm worried about the waking up panicked thing. Worse case scenario is I'll go sleep up on the top deck! LOL. Heard Deck 18 has comfortable lounge chairs

I've never felt cramped or claustrophobic in a studio cabin. It's not like you are sleeping in a closet. Are they small? Sure. But, they are well designed for one person with plenty of room and storage. Great showers, too.

If you are like most people you will be spending a minimal amount of time in the cabin anyway since there is so much to see and do on the Epic. Studios are a great bargain and feature for solo travelers.

I've never felt cramped or claustrophobic in a studio cabin. It's not like you are sleeping in a closet. Are they small? Sure. But, they are well designed for one person with plenty of room and storage. Great showers, too.

If you are like most people you will be spending a minimal amount of time in the cabin anyway since there is so much to see and do on the Epic. Studios are a great bargain and feature for solo travelers.

Yeah, I think it has to do with your personal discomfort levels. I don't like any seat on an airplane because I feel closed in. While the studio isn't "cramped", it felt very "closed in" *to me* the first time. That was also the first time I traveled alone and I really didn't feel safe leaving the cabin to wander the ship by myself at 3 am so that added to the "trapped" feeling I felt at the time. It's also another reason why I picked 12515 -- the middle of the epic studios felt very far from the entrances back into the regular hallway (they are much shorter hallways on the Bway).

• 1 month later...

I found the cabin to be tight but that wasnt the biggest problem. The greatest annoyance was the NOISE (HEY GOOD MORNING JANE, etc etc) in the morning in the hallway. It seemed to be more amplified than in other parts of the ship-in other cabins

SOOOOOOOOOOO if I do a studio again I will bring earplugs :-)

Bev

I wanted to make a seperate thread on this room because I just finished a cruise in the room. I booked it because it was close to the mini-suite my parents were in and didn't have a connecting door (which I had the first time I sailed the Epic and I felt like I could hear the tv in the next room the whole trip). About a week before I went I looked for cruise room reviews and everyone was saying how loud the doors were (its between the doors to the studio lounge and the doors the main hallway.)

I just wanted to let people know since then they have change the mechanisms on the doors and they don't slam any more. I think I heard one close 1 time over the course of 7 days. I would highly recommend the room because it was so close to the elevators and the lounge, so the location, to me, was great. I will say that often times the door to the hallway didn't close all the way - that didn't bother me, but if that is one of the reasons you are booking the studio - it is probably just something good to know.

Happy to answer any questions about the cabin.

Thank you for your review. I am sailing in March and had been thinking about switching to this cabin. I am a heavy sleeper and having easy access to my cabin is very appealing. I went ahead and switched to 12515 and I will come back and share my experience in 2 months. Thanks again!

I have stayed in Studio cabins twice on the Epic, once over Thanksgiving and the other, Christmas, 2017. (12524 and 11503) I was VERY concerned about being in the center of the ship due to the fact that I am very "exit conscious". But, somehow, I was very comfortable, both times. One had a connection door, but I did not hear anything from the next room. One was next to a large linen room, and again, heard nothing. Both rooms were very quiet. I opened the "window blinds" once, but after that just left them closed.

Some of the Studio rooms are quite far from the lounge and elevators, but both rooms I had were in a close location.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this info. I have been booked on Epic, Getaway and Escape, in a studio, and each time, I had to cancel, due to various situations that made travel impossible at that time. Went to rebook later, each time the price had gone up, so have not yet stayed in a studio, or gotten back to Norwegian. It is my plan though. Whenever I can get back to cruising, I will be looking to book one of these studio rooms, and I appreciate the info which I will keep for future reference. I really like Norwegian's freestyle way of cruising besides their option of these rooms for solo cruisers.:)

I didn't notice the noise when I've been in the studios. If your on a transatlantic with more sea days it may be more of an issue. I absolutely love studios on ncl, and the coffee machine has the best coffee on the ship. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have been in this room for 4 days, still currently on board. I will not book it again nor would I suggest it as a good cabin. The location is nice but the door to the hallway does slam a lot. It hasn't woken me up at night, but I hear it a lot each morning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I have been in this room for 4 days, still currently on board. I will not book it again nor would I suggest it as a good cabin. The location is nice but the door to the hallway does slam a lot. It hasn't woken me up at night, but I hear it a lot each morning.

Yep, that door heading out to the elevator corridors was shutting quite loudly all last week. The one going into the living room walk-over was working well with the new hydraulic arm. I tried to be very careful each time I went through it.

Yep, that door heading out to the elevator corridors was shutting quite loudly all last week. The one going into the living room walk-over was working well with the new hydraulic arm. I tried to be very careful each time I went through it.

Exactly

I found the cabin to be tight but that wasnt the biggest problem. The greatest annoyance was the NOISE (HEY GOOD MORNING JANE, etc etc) in the morning in the hallway. It seemed to be more amplified than in other parts of the ship-in other cabins

SOOOOOOOOOOO if I do a studio again I will bring earplugs :-)

Bev

Is the Epic studio area different from the Escape studio area? I had no noise issues at all on the Escape.

• 3 weeks later...
Is the Epic studio area different from the Escape studio area? I had no noise issues at all on the Escape.
Look at the ship deck plans. 12515 is right next to the exit of the studio area on deck 12. There is a very heavy security/fire door outside the cabin. It shuts hard and loudly