I don't need to book anything ahead on Freedom, right?

I'm usually the kind of person who books a cruise about a year out and spent the next 12 months pouring over all the info I can find about it. My best friend and I booked a cruise together last week...and it leaves December 3rd! For me, it's a last minute vacation. I've been reading up on it a bit, but I wanted to double check with CC about reserving things ahead of time. From what I can tell, I don't need to make any kind of reservations ahead of time for Freedom. Is that true? (My last cruise was on Anthem, and I spent a good bit of time books MTD, iFly, booking shows, etc, so I just want to make sure that I am not missing anything here.)

We have MTD, but are willing to wait for a bit so we can 'wing it' each day.

The month prior to our Oct. 28th cruise on the Grandeur, we received e-mails from RCCL offering discounts on shore excursions, specialty restaurants and drink packages if we pre purchased them prior to the cruise.

If you are interested in any of these during your Freedom cruise, you may want to see if any discounts are being offered.

I'm usually the kind of person who books a cruise about a year out and spent the next 12 months pouring over all the info I can find about it. My best friend and I booked a cruise together last week...and it leaves December 3rd! For me, it's a last minute vacation. I've been reading up on it a bit, but I wanted to double check with CC about reserving things ahead of time. From what I can tell, I don't need to make any kind of reservations ahead of time for Freedom. Is that true? (My last cruise was on Anthem, and I spent a good bit of time books MTD, iFly, booking shows, etc, so I just want to make sure that I am not missing anything here.)

We have MTD, but are willing to wait for a bit so we can 'wing it' each day.

The month prior to our Oct. 28th cruise on the Grandeur, we received e-mails from RCCL offering discounts on shore excursions, specialty restaurants and drink packages if we pre purchased them prior to the cruise.

If you are interested in any of these during your Freedom cruise, you may want to see if any discounts are being offered.

Black Friday and Cyber Monday fall between now and your cruise. My crystal ball tells me to expect a sale then. Watch your Cruise Planner every day, though.

WE Just booked MTD for our Jan cruise on the Freedom. Hope to just walk on everything else??

There may or may not be some sort of ticket distribution method for the ice show. If so, you will be notified on board, nothing to do pre-cruise.

I just came off the Freedom 11/5- 11/11 sailing and there was no ticketing for the ice shows. There were still seats open for the 9pm show at show time on Day 4, a few areas with 5 seats open in a row, not just single seats here and there.

There was even a last minute ice show added at 4pm on the final at sea day (Day 6). This was announced on Day 5. I imagine this was much busier, especially because it was raining on and off this day.

• 2 weeks later...
I just came off the Freedom 11/5- 11/11 sailing and there was no ticketing for the ice shows. There were still seats open for the 9pm show at show time on Day 4, a few areas with 5 seats open in a row, not just single seats here and there.

There was even a last minute ice show added at 4pm on the final at sea day (Day 6). This was announced on Day 5. I imagine this was much busier, especially because it was raining on and off this day.

Likewise for the 11/11 sailing, there was no ticketing, but boy were the seats filling up fast! Same thing with Quest. We thought we'd allowed enough time to get there, but the place was packed. We got lucky and found seats together, but not long after it was standing room only!