Ruby Princess Down the Coast

clarkg

Thanks for sharing the blog.

Keith

Thank you. Here are a few more pictures.

22279860_10214282994412573_137011342947768121_n.jpg?oh=bdf2d727caeca241da0564cc64782614&oe=5A7B32EB

One of the cells on Alcatraz. They were single person cells.

22308641_10214282994892585_6270992196947723074_n.jpg?oh=f885822f9f34c90bbdcfde5e820cb9ab&oe=5A83380A

A cell block. Notice that everyone has headsets on. These had actual guards and prisoners narrating the story of the prison.

22405589_10214283000292720_3043785396726752747_n.jpg?oh=275b5ce5d12a357a08ca6504ece24647&oe=5A6E9B34

Inside the court house in Santa Barbara. If you go up into the tower, you get a panoramic view of the city.

My wife & I were on this same 10/1/17 sailing. Were both early 60's so not kids.

I found the energy on this cruise to b non existant Nil. Couldn't believe the pizza,ice cream,burger stations closed at 10pm way to early but then the upper decks after dark did seemed deserted. I do agree with your blog I found the production shows with the singers & dancers to b terrible. we did like both the comedian, and ventroliquest v ery much. I found the majority of the cliental on this ship way to old & stoic for our level of activity. Will look forward to our Carnival cruise next summer for more fun & activities then we had on the Ruby Princess.

My wife & I were on this same 10/1/17 sailing. Were both early 60's so not kids.

I found the energy on this cruise to b non existant Nil. Couldn't believe the pizza,ice cream,burger stations closed at 10pm way to early but then the upper decks after dark did seemed deserted. I do agree with your blog I found the production shows with the singers & dancers to b terrible. we did like both the comedian, and ventroliquest v ery much. I found the majority of the cliental on this ship way to old & stoic for our level of activity. Will look forward to our Carnival cruise next summer for more fun & activities then we had on the Ruby Princess.

I do have to say that even though the cruise wasn't perfect, I really enjoyed it and would rather be there than working today.

I am not being mean, really, but did you not get what you should have expected for the cruise line, cruise itinerary, and length of time? I am one of those that is back in my stateroom by 10 at latest at night too! Grin. I believe Carnival will be a better fit for you just in the fact that your name is "Morebeer!" That is the difference in the two lines in my opinion with RCCL somewhere in the middle. I have cruised on all three and basically enjoyed all three (after all it is a cruise!) and have gotten for the most part what I expected after doing my research on CC and other sites.

Pooh

At first I was thinking -- "Maybe you should book a higher category?"

:)

Very Funny!

I enjoyed your blog - thanks!

I must say that doing the Alcatraz tour was one of the best tours I have ever done. I remembered it from High School ( as in the 80's) - and took my husband and kids in 2012. I think the audio tour with the voices of the inmates and officers, etc. was so intriguing. My boys loved it! We went into the isolation/complete darkness cell also. Just one of my favorite tours of all time - sooo interesting and well done.

Very Funny!

I enjoyed your blog - thanks!

I must say that doing the Alcatraz tour was one of the best tours I have ever done. I remembered it from High School ( as in the 80's) - and took my husband and kids in 2012. I think the audio tour with the voices of the inmates and officers, etc. was so intriguing. My boys loved it! We went into the isolation/complete darkness cell also. Just one of my favorite tours of all time - sooo interesting and well done.

Those recordings really brought it to life.

We enjoyed the cruise, who wouldn't. There were a few things I'd like to see Princess do though. We cruised the Ruby last year about this time, similar itinerary. The Magic & Me show was exactly the same this year, which I get, but, still... Comedian's were hilarious! The food was fine (we almost always eat the the buffet). Princess dropping the Sea Witch IPA beer was very disappointing, they bend over backwards for wine swillers, but, people that enjoy a good craft beer are once again out of luck. Popcorn - I could smell it during the movie, but, rarely could I find it :( Having two outlets in the cabin & one in the bathroom is simply very lacking, especially on a "US" cruise. I have to admit that embarkation & disembarkation were a dream - the smoothest I've ever seen. All in all a great cruise. We're Princess fans, but, next time we'll shoot for a more updated ship and an itinerary that make include sail-aways, music out on Lido deck on sea days, more 'fun' activities (actually any deck activity), etc...

The wives and I last name is Lorbeer so u can imagine how much kidding I've received thru the years that maybe it should be Morebeer instead the reason for my cruise critic name. Your right I'll just stay away from people like you on Princess ships who like going to there cabin no later then 10pm. Seems sad to me to spend so much money on a cruise instead of just staying in your room at home by 10pm