Adventure 25% off post-dry dock

Has anyone received the promised 25% off for sailing Adventure post-drydock & the work on the ship not being completed? I sailed November 26th but haven't received anything. Before I call Royal I thought I should find out if anyone else received the certificate they were promised. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Took multiple calls and asking them to "resend" it since they kept insisting they had sent it but we finally received it via email.

Not sure how we received it since they somehow managed to send it to my wife's email that is not listed in any of the documents that we filled in with them but that's where it went.

We were on the 11/19 sailing, received it around 2 weeks ago I think.

Does anyone know how long they will be offering the certificate (post dry dock) ? We're sailing on the Adventure Jan 7th.

Thanks !!

I think it was just for the first 2 sailings after dry dock; because many of the updates were not completed.

Edited by Coralc

Just got off the 12/17th cruise. There were no certificates given out. The water entertainment was up and running (kids pool, water slide and flow rider). However, we were in rooms 7288 & 7290, the rooms were never touched. The mattresses were old, floor was very dirty (had to ear shocks and threw them away at the end to the cruise), one sofa had a large stain on it (only one person could sit on it), but the bathrooms were in excellent shape and very clean. We noticed during the cruise they still are upgrading the rooms. One room was getting new carpeting and we show a hallway full of new mattresses.

Just got off the 12/17th cruise. There were no certificates given out. The water entertainment was up and running (kids pool, water slide and flow rider). However, we were in rooms 7288 & 7290, the rooms were never touched. The mattresses were old, floor was very dirty (had to ear shocks and threw them away at the end to the cruise), one sofa had a large stain on it (only one person could sit on it), but the bathrooms were in excellent shape and very clean. We noticed during the cruise they still are upgrading the rooms. One room was getting new carpeting and we show a hallway full of new mattresses.

The last cruise that qualified for the 25% FCC was the 12/3 sailing.

I just got mine too via email and I'm pissed! our cruise cost us $5000.00 excluding others fees. I only got $800 that is not 25% off the cruise sailing. I should at least get 1200.00. Did everyone get there fair share of the amount off the cruise? Who can I call? Thank you.

I just got mine too via email and I'm pissed! our cruise cost us $5000.00 excluding others fees. I only got $800 that is not 25% off the cruise sailing. I should at least get 1200.00. Did everyone get there fair share of the amount off the cruise? Who can I call? Thank you.

The 25% is calculated off of base fare. It does not include insurance, gratuities, or port fees and taxes. It is the base fare after C&A discount or other "promo discount".

Edited by skiiergirl

I sailed Jewel Of The Seas in April 2016 after the dry dock. They offered me 25% but I asked for 50% Future cruise credit and they gave it to me. Looks like 25% is usually their first offer?

I spent a lot of time and energy fighting this one and got no where at every level, that's probably the major reason I have been so vocal about not being happy. The cruise itself was disappointing not bad, the RCI customer service on the issue was bad.

The couches are what I thought were grossest too. The blue fabric doesn't hide spilled drinks and food well and we put towels on our couches before sitting on them because they looked so nasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

I spent a lot of time and energy fighting this one and got no where at every level, that's probably the major reason I have been so vocal about not being happy. The cruise itself was disappointing not bad, the RCI customer service on the issue was bad.

Just curious....What part of the refurb that didn't get done were you most upset about? What did you miss out on during the cruise that would want you to spend time and effort to obtain more than the 25% that everyone else was getting?

I sailed Jewel Of The Seas in April 2016 after the dry dock. They offered me 25% but I asked for 50% Future cruise credit and they gave it to me. Looks like 25% is usually their first offer?

What didn't get done during the JW refurb that was a cause for a 25% or 50% certificate? I don't recall reading anything about it previously. (I am old and my memory isn't what it used to be!) Did everyone onboard get 25% (as is the case on AD first 4 sailings)?

Just curious....What part of the refurb that didn't get done were you most upset about? What did you miss out on during the cruise that would want you to spend time and effort to obtain more than the 25% that everyone else was getting?

Actually never tried to get more than 25% but wanted OBC not FCC.

We had planned to spend 1-2 port days on board, doing water slides, etc. since those didn't exist we instead spent $ on shore excursions. I spent over $500 more on that cruise because the amenities indicated were not available and get a $500 FCC if I buy yet another cruise. So RCI wins by getting me to book another cruise and I get to break even.

Consistent answer from RCI (first time ever), up to and including Bayley's office, pre-cruise was "we will tell you everything you need to know on the cruise", on the cruise it was "corporate will tell you everything you need to know when you get home", after the cruise it was "here's our offer thanks for your loyalty".