Adventure of the Seas Updated Details on 2016 Refurb

I have included a link to download compasses from my Nov. 14 - 19 cruise.

Day 1 - Sail Away

Day 2 - At Sea

Day 3 - Barbados

Day 4 - St. Lucia

for some reason, I can't find my Day 5. Each page is named, Day 1 pg 1 for example. For some reason they didn't save in the order I downloaded them. Sorry for the confusion, I'm new at this. Hope you all have a great cruise!

http://s392.photobucket.com/user/Maryannmaas/library/?sort=3&page=1

Thank you! I definitely will!!

Here is a link to download the compasses for Nov 26 to Dec 2 sailing.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByKAhT_OrIKvRFVYc2F1MFEzWFU

You. Are. AWESOME!

You also saved my bacon!! I had no idea the MDR dress code was different than Carnival's. I am already 3/4 packed and see from the Compasses you posted that dress shorts are not allowed in the MDR. :eek: This would have been disastrous because I had packed all dress shorts for the DH for "causal" nights. I now will apparently be changing those out for pants.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these!!

I have included a link to download compasses from my Nov. 14 - 19 cruise.

Day 1 - Sail Away

Day 2 - At Sea

Day 3 - Barbados

Day 4 - St. Lucia

for some reason, I can't find my Day 5. Each page is named, Day 1 pg 1 for example. For some reason they didn't save in the order I downloaded them. Sorry for the confusion, I'm new at this. Hope you all have a great cruise!

http://s392.photobucket.com/user/Maryannmaas/library/?sort=3&page=1

Thank you!! :D

You. Are. AWESOME!

You also saved my bacon!! I had no idea the MDR dress code was different than Carnival's. I am already 3/4 packed and see from the Compasses you posted that dress shorts are not allowed in the MDR. :eek: This would have been disastrous because I had packed all dress shorts for the DH for "causal" nights. I now will apparently be changing those out for pants.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these!!

Yes, RC does suggest "no shorts" in the dining room. They typically won't turn you away at the door. However, last night in the MDR they made a specific announcement to remind everyone no shorts, no tank tops, no flip flops at dinner seating so not sure if they are now going to start enforcing.

Question for CLEAGLE:

How would you rate the selections and quality of the meat in the MDR? I cannot clearly read the items on most of the pics

We were on the Grandeur in OCT and the food in the MDR was worse than any previous cruise we have been on. Royal seems to be reducing free food quality. We are going next Thanksgiving on the AOS with family and we don't want to be disappointed.

The alternative is the Summit which sails the same day out of San Juan. We will have a 10 & 14 year old grand daughters with us.

Thanks

Question for CLEAGLE:

How would you rate the selections and quality of the meat in the MDR? I cannot clearly read the items on most of the pics

We were on the Grandeur in OCT and the food in the MDR was worse than any previous cruise we have been on. Royal seems to be reducing free food quality. We are going next Thanksgiving on the AOS with family and we don't want to be disappointed.

The alternative is the Summit which sails the same day out of San Juan. We will have a 10 & 14 year old grand daughters with us.

Thanks

We found the MDR to be the worst that we have experienced (possibly ever, definitely on RCL).

The daily steak option in particular was pretty much inedible and on one night in particular got the "I am not sure this is actually beef" comment from one of our table mates.

Selection was generally ok but quality was not good and they had a LOT of problems with serving food at any temperature other than stone cold.

We found the MDR to be the worst that we have experienced (possibly ever, definitely on RCL).

The daily steak option in particular was pretty much inedible and on one night in particular got the "I am not sure this is actually beef" comment from one of our table mates.

Selection was generally ok but quality was not good and they had a LOT of problems with serving food at any temperature other than stone cold.

uugh! I'm worried about this. A week of poor food is not what I want. I may just have to suck it up and pay for better quality, because I don't want it to be a sour point of our cruise. Did you find better alternatives? Was Windjammer or Giovanni's much, much better?

Giovanni's quality was very good but I found the menu very limited and not to my taste, we went one night and not sure I would want to go for a second one on the same cruise.

Windjammer was "ok" quality wise but seemed to have less variety than we are used to seeing at Windjammer. At least the food was hot ;)

Edited by jticarruthers

uugh! I'm worried about this. A week of poor food is not what I want. I may just have to suck it up and pay for better quality, because I don't want it to be a sour point of our cruise. Did you find better alternatives? Was Windjammer or Giovanni's much, much better?

I'd take that with a grain of salt, no pun intended. Food opinions are literally a matter of taste. I have a friend at work who never sails on Carnival because he thinks their food is disgusting, but I was amazed at how good it was. Just because one passenger was unimpressed with the food on his/her cruise doesn't mean you will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have to agree, as we found the quality to have been less than on other RCCL cruises. It is mass-produced dining, just seems to be slipping lower in quality. Did find out that some of the appetizers and desserts are prepared off the ship. My DW has food allergies and they would tell us up front that they did not know the ingredients of some of these prepared items, to be safe and not order them. I had a couple of desserts, one being the tiramisu, that was awful. Others at our table thought it was OK. To each their own at the of the day.

I'd take that with a grain of salt, no pun intended. Food opinions are literally a matter of taste. I have a friend at work who never sails on Carnival because he thinks their food is disgusting, but I was amazed at how good it was. Just because one passenger was unimpressed with the food on his/her cruise doesn't mean you will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree! Our group can't even agree on food "satisfaction". The menu I think is the absolute worst and order off of the kid's menu instead....others in our group think is great. The menu Mr Ski likes best....others in our group prefer to go to WJ instead!

+one

+2

Our last cruise was on Adventure's sister ship, Navigator of the Seas. The opinions from or group of six adults were.....

1. Main dining room was good...not a high end restaurant, but solid. The pork steak was memorable good. Mama liked all her seafood selections, and I thought the steak and red meat was equal to what you'd get in Chops. The variety of selections were good too. If you are expecting a Michelin star dining experience, you'll be disappointed in the MDR, but for us, our table for six, with a window, was a great place to relax and dine with friends each night.

2. Chops...all six of us were unimpressed. Just not worth the upcharge. Nothing memorable.

3. Giovanni's......wonderful meal. All selections were superb. We actually got the lamb chops plated as an appetizer for the whole table. Very yummy. The Italian selections were VERY GOOD. Giovanni's is the only upcharge restaurant we will be going to on our upcoming cruise on Adventure in February.

Windjammer..... Liked it fine every morning for breakfast. Never ate there for a dinner meal, but if the lunch fare is an example, its ok. An everyday kind of meal but nothing special.

Just remember you're there to relax. Sit down, be served, have fun with your server. You'll have a great time.

PS....I asked for a "just a little" ice cream one night and this is what my server brought out....

attachment.php?attachmentid=399945&stc=1&d=1481494698

Had great fun with our server. He did have a full bowl waiting for me. :D

DSCF0009.jpg.80bd7a5ae8fae6a23eadc573b787ad3f.jpg