Adventure of the Seas Updated Details on 2016 Refurb

Bummer. Ah well, can't be helped I suppose. It's not that I care about it being a suite lounge, I just got a bit spoilt on my Jewel cruise with the new location of the concierge lounge. Looking out at the ocean as we sipped our drinks was lovely. We might still poke our heads in but whether we'll stay and drink is another thing as it might be too crowded. Like I said no biggie.

In response to the post above - I know we'll have access to the concierge lounge but so will all the D+'s on board and as it's quite a small room, I imagine it gets crowded pretty quickly and I'd prefer to drink somewhere I can actually sit down in. Plus the location of the concierge lounge is not the best.

Edited by cloud_nine

Bummer. Ah well, can't be helped I suppose. It's not that I care about it being a suite lounge, I just got a bit spoilt on my Jewel cruise with the new location of the concierge lounge. Looking out at the ocean as we sipped our drinks was lovely. We might still poke our heads in but whether we'll stay and drink is another thing as it might be too crowded. Like I said no biggie.

In response to the post above - I know we'll have access to the concierge lounge but so will all the D+'s on board and as it's quite a small room, I imagine it gets crowded pretty quickly and I'd prefer to drink somewhere I can actually sit down in. Plus the location of the concierge lounge is not the best.

I am sure it varies from sailing to sailing depending on the number of eligible folks....but we have never had an issue finding seats in the CL on AD....especially since the D lounge was put in up-top...most folks eligible prefer it for the views so the CL not very crowded. We like the coziness of the CL and not having views doesn't really bother us since we are usually in there at dark!

We are headed to this ship on the 19th. A little bummed about the news, but glad the ship will still be sailing. I really can't complain about a water slide when people's homes were destroyed. Not that anyone on here was.

We are in a suite and we're excited about the ocean view in the new suite lounge. I hope that is still on plan though if it's not the concierge lounge will be nice too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To say that I am not happy about this announcement, would be an immense understatement.

We discovered the joyful ease of having a pool deck level cabin on a repositioning Carnival cruise in 2013. So imagine my elation upon finding a quiet nook of 4 Junior Suites on deck 11.

As a 50th birthday gift from my deceased father, I booked one of those JS 3 weeks ago. And just yesterday purchased a 3 night dining package (planning on eating at Chops all 3 nights, including my Birthday)

I haven't heard from RC yet, and so far, I haven't seen any mention of the status of those 4 JS cabins.So far only the Panoramic cabins on Deck 12 are mentioned...

Not only are we paid in full, but family members who jumped in upon seeing the great rates, and hearing about the 61M refurbishment, are paid in full as well.

So here I sit, presuming the cabin we were so excited about, has been taken away. The 3 Chops dinners we were going to enjoy; gone (Izumi was going to be scheduled for Thursday).

And lastly, this was going to be a first trip on RC for my SO. He's asking if there's anyway to cancel the booking, but knows we can't (because family is booked as well.)

I just lost 90% of my excitement for this trip.

Edit: We cancelled our 2nd NCL cruise to BDA because I had a feeling it was going to be a bad hurricane season. Passed on two more cruises to the Caribbean for the same reason... Never imagined that a December cruise would be fubar'd due to post hurricane issues.

Edited by Timcy

Sorry about your disappointment Timcy. I know it's not what you booked, but there will still be a select chops menu in Giovanni's if you'd like to book that for your birthday dinner instead. Not the same I know but perhaps if there's something that's missing from the chops menu that you'd like you can ask if they can do it? Never hurts to ask. The problem about the rooms is another thing and I'm not surprised you're disappointed about that. However, I always think that a day cruising is always better than a day at work, particularly when you're with family and friends. Mother nature happens and we can't complain too much - at least she's still sailing and not cancelling all together!

Wow, that's a bummer. I am kind of happy about the new cabins not going in because I don't love the idea of more people on the same size ship and having cabins taking up the open spaces, like the library on deck 7 where I've seen people reading, playing cards and just enjoying having an open space to visit with people, plus it provides a good view for the parade. But that really sucks for those who booked those rooms. It's also a bummer for people who booked that ship because of the flow rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To say that I am not happy about this announcement, would be an immense understatement.

We discovered the joyful ease of having a pool deck level cabin on a repositioning Carnival cruise in 2013. So imagine my elation upon finding a quiet nook of 4 Junior Suites on deck 11.

As a 50th birthday gift from my deceased father, I booked one of those JS 3 weeks ago. And just yesterday purchased a 3 night dining package (planning on eating at Chops all 3 nights, including my Birthday)

I haven't heard from RC yet, and so far, I haven't seen any mention of the status of those 4 JS cabins.So far only the Panoramic cabins on Deck 12 are mentioned...

Not only are we paid in full, but family members who jumped in upon seeing the great rates, and hearing about the 61M refurbishment, are paid in full as well.

So here I sit, presuming the cabin we were so excited about, has been taken away. The 3 Chops dinners we were going to enjoy; gone (Izumi was going to be scheduled for Thursday).

And lastly, this was going to be a first trip on RC for my SO. He's asking if there's anyway to cancel the booking, but knows we can't (because family is booked as well.)

When are you sailing. Have you passed Royal's final payment date as that is the only date that matters if you wanted to cancel. Chops will be ready in January. Your cabins were not affected, only the new cabins being added.

Wow, that's a bummer. I am kind of happy about the new cabins not going in because I don't love the idea of more people on the same size ship [/url]

This. [emoji115] This is what we're all forgetting in being unhappy that everything won't be finished in drydock

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edit: We cancelled our 2nd NCL cruise to BDA because I had a feeling it was going to be a bad hurricane season. Passed on two more cruises to the Caribbean for the same reason... Never imagined that a December cruise would be fubar'd due to post hurricane issues.

When are you sailing? Where were these 4 new JS supposed to be added on deck 11?

All, we're booked on the Dec. 10 departure.

And I just pulled up the deck plan for where the JS cabins 1100,1102,1104 and 1106 USED TO BE. Ugh. Guess that answered my question.

There is still a description of JS on deck 11, but their location has been removed. They were on the starboard side, forward of the stairs & elevator. Looked as if they were using spa or fitness area with round windows.

dry

Edited by Timcy

All, we're booked on the Dec. 10 departure.

And I just pulled up the deck plan for where the JS cabins 1100,1102,1104 and 1106 USED TO BE. Ugh. Guess that answered my question.

There is still a description of JS on deck 11, but their location has been removed. They were on the starboard side, forward of the stairs & elevator. Looked as if they were using spa or fitness area with round windows.

dry[/QUOte]

Cone join us on the roll call....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2217638

We are on the NYE cruise and was looking forward to the new Suite Lounge. On our last cruise the CL was monopolized by an extended family in a couple of suites and some Pinacles. It wasn't a biggie for us, because we liked the Diamond Lounge better. But still, after many AOS cruises we were looking forward to the new lounge.

I really hope they update the rooms though, the Adventure deserves a good upgrade. Have a great cruise and hope you share with us your experience after the refurbish. :)

Since there are questions re: the new cabins which have now been cancelled, here is a pic of the cabins that WERE going to be on Decks 11 & 12

[ATTACH]397483[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the illustration. I was having a hard time "picturing" where they were supposed to go. I knew about the cabins up one deck but did not even realize the JS were planned. So sorry for your change. Hopefully there are other JS available they can move you to.

So the CL will still be on deck 9 right by the stairs? Will it offer all the same amenities as the SL?

Hard to know for sure, but I would expect the CL amenities to remain as they are now.

Did we see something that said the CL will remain in its current location? (I missed reading that if it is out here somewhere.) I was guessing that was one of the changes that would actually get done since there isn't much renovation that has to be done upstairs in order to make the move. Just my opinion/initial thought!

EDIT: I just saw on another thread where the "RC Blog" states the new SL won't happen until January....which actually makes us happy as one of our weeks in Dec we have friends that qualify for CL but not SL and also friends that qualify for SL but not DL....so CL works great for us that week!

Edited by skiiergirl

Certainly a lot of problems for those booked right after dry dock, so I feel for you all and hope that you have a wonderful cruise and that the 25% cruise credit works out well for future cruises. I do think Royal is trying to make something out of a bad situation.

With that being said, the silver lining for me in all of this is the fact that they are not getting rid of the sports bar and putting in the Izumi Restaurant. I know I am on the opposite side of a lot of people, but I don't do the specialty restaurants as I feel I have already paid plenty for the cruise and enjoy the MDR food. I don't drink but can see myself catching some glimpses of whatever games are going on when we go early next year.

Again, I hope it works out for everyone adversely affected being right after the dry dock. Happy sailing and please updated us when you get back on things going on!

With that being said, the silver lining for me in all of this is the fact that they are not getting rid of the sports bar and putting in the Izumi Restaurant. I know I am on the opposite side of a lot of people, but I don't do the specialty restaurants as I feel I have already paid plenty for the cruise and enjoy the MDR food.

I agree with this, for one. And from what I understand (but don't actually remember since it's been quite some time since I've been on a Voyager class ship), there aren't many public bar areas like this, so I'm happy it's there. Mainly for a place to sit along there and have a drink and hubby happy that there might be game to catch.