Adventure of the Seas Updated Details on 2016 Refurb

Might bode well for other ships going into dry dock soon - like Rhapsody.

I agree. I cannot think of any ship that has been upgraded to O3b since Majesty. I was thinking they had decided not to roll out O3b to the rest of the fleet.

Hurricane Nicole went through around that time, Hurricane Matthew hit the Bahamas Oct 5&6 as a cat 3 & 4. Some of the Bahama islands took a lot of damage where others faired pretty well, also the the shipping containers for the dry dock remodel never made it to the Bahamas as the cargo ships were rerouted away from the Hurricane and continued on there routes without stopping in the hurricane path zones.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly.

Shipping by container ship isn't like going by plane. They can't just put the containers on the next flight. They can't change plans on a dime. They don't go very fast. The ship had other places to go, and can't hang around waiting to get to one place or they'll be late for everywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timcy - I keep thinking of you and hoping that you get an update from RCI soon! Have you called C&A about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did a bit of investigating, my TA can move me to Deck 9 or we can wait to see if RCI plays nice and upgrades me to a cabin on Deck 10.

The REALLY disappointing thing is I paid for the room on the pool deck. Yes, I chose to pay more due to the cabin location, not because it was a JS.

So, being switched to JS on 9, results in the feeling of "if I wanted a JS on deck 9 I would have booked it from the start."

I guess I'm hoping they choose to upgrade me to Deck 10 near the stairs, so I am as close to the pool deck as possible.

Thank you for thinking of me. Fingers crossed RCI recognizes my disappointment.

Well, they might be right. Fingers crossed! With the new cabins and chops not being added, do you think the nightclub will remain?

The updated deck plans, which show no cabins on deck 12 and no Izumi, still show cabins on deck 3 replacing the lower level of the nightclub.

That could be wrong, but it seems that they may have finished those cabins. :confused:

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Where is the Diamond Club Lounge located for evening drinks?

Nana57,

It's on Deck 14, off to the side from the Viking Crown Lounge. It's a really nice space. It has outdoor seating overlooking the basketball court. It was a great place to get my afternoon espresso fix and read in quiet!;)

Ali

The updated deck plans, which show no cabins on deck 12 and no Izumi, still show cabins on deck 3 replacing the lower level of the nightclub.

That could be wrong, but it seems that they may have finished those cabins. :confused:

I just checked the RCL website. I think they are actively working on the changes to the plans on their website. The only deck plans that come up on my screen are the printable PDF versions.

Edited by khm1

Wow! Im glad I decided to stroll around in Cruise Critic today and stumble upon this thread.

We are booked on Adventure the second week of January and have pre-paid for the 2 night specialty dining package with the intent of eating at Chops. If that is not going to be available until "early next year", I assume it will not be ready for our sailing the second week of January. I would hope they will give us a refund for that package. I am sorta bummed as this would have been our first specialty dining experience.

The other changes do not effect us much but I do hope they were able to complete the cabin upgrades (new TV, bedding, etc).

Which week of January? We'll be on the January 7th sailing.

Someone just commented this on the other thread- "looks like old bedding and couches. Some carpet looks new but the carpet in the hall on the 9th deck is definitely older. Coke Freestyle machines are working! Two on the promenade next to the cafe."

Can you give a link to the thread? I can't find it. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

3 cabins in our group and spoke to a handful of others, no return work done in any of our cabins. We did have the "slab of stone" beds but don't know if those were new or rotated in prior to drydock. Some public areas were refreshed and nice but others were not.

Kids water area was working about half the time, very small but looked fun.

One hot tub down until day 7.

Big slides inactive.

Flowrider working.

Freestyle soda working.

No draught beer in pub.

Slide definitely NOT complete! Big gap n the tube! Looks like it is missing one section. Big crane and workers up there today.

Agree new mini golf definitely not interesting.

Something I have not seen mentioned.....the elevators no longer change days! The section that previously held the "day of the week" is now carpeted like the rest of the elevator.

Our room definitely did not get any type of refurb at all!

Flow Rider was open this afternoon.

image.jpg.9fd9e51bc3454240ea5fd56969750de2.jpg

My email was received directly from Royal Caribbean. It is a little different. Mine did not reference the new rooms at all.

From RCI

About your upcoming travels

In the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, a devastating storm that affected the Bahamas, the country continues its recovery efforts. Our thoughts are with those affected by the storm.

Adventure of the Seas, the ship on which you’ve booked your vacation, is scheduled for renovation in Freeport, Bahamas during October and November. Due to extensive damage incurred at the shipyard and the global rerouting of cargo ships carrying equipment and materials, the original renovation plan has been modified.

In an effort to create the least amount of disruption to your vacation plans, Adventure of the Seas will re-enter service on November 14th, 2016 as originally planned. Throughout the ship, you will notice an updated design and décor, as well as newly renovated areas such as Boleros Latin lounge and the two-story mini golf course.

Unfortunately, the following features will not be available for your cruise:

·******** Dual Racer water slides

·******** FlowRider surf simulator

·******** Splashaway Bay kids’ aqua park

As part of the planned dining enhancements, Chops Grille will open early next year, while Izumi Japanese Cuisine will no longer be offered. In the meantime, Giovanni’s Table, already a guest-favorite onboard, will serve select Chops Grille menu items.

Please note that during your cruise you will see our teams continue their hard work to complete the ship’s new features.

In gratitude for your patience and understanding, we would like to offer you a 25% Future Cruise Credit based on the cruise fare paid. This certificate will be sent to your email address on file or mailed to your home. Please allow up to two weeks for all transactions to be processed.

We are committed to delivering the highest level of service and quality for which Royal Caribbean is known on your Adventure of the Seas vacation and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

What was your cruise date? Was it in 2016?

Ellen