Adventure of the Seas Updated Details on 2016 Refurb

Wait a second... Where am I going to dance my ass off every night then??? :(

They're converting half the aquarium bar to a Boleros. Not sure what they'll do for those who don't care for Latin music though. Maybe deck parties?

I seem to recall that on ships where the nightclub was removed, the Viking Crown Lounge functions as the nightclub.

I seem to recall that on ships where the nightclub was removed, the Viking Crown Lounge functions as the nightclub.

yeah it does... for about half a dozen people that go up there or for people older than my civil war ancestors....

Sorry, trolling slightly. After my recent NCL cruise last week.... whatever Royal Calls dancing is a joke compared to the party we experienced on NCL.

Yeah, that's what I've experienced on the Jewel and Enchantment, but it's not my favorite venue for a nightclub. I guess beggars can't be choosers though :rolleyes: I was hesitant to assume that though since they'll have the suite lounge and diamond club up in Viking Crown too.

yeah it does... for about half a dozen people that go up there or for people older than my civil war ancestors....

Sorry, trolling slightly. After my recent NCL cruise last week.... whatever Royal Calls dancing is a joke compared to the party we experienced on NCL.

So Norwegian has good parties? I may have to try them out then...

Those lounges close at 8:30....so loud music /dancing shouldn't have much effect on them.

Ah, I didn't know that since I've never been in them :)

Understood.

But this isn't the first ship where that will be the case. All of the Vision and Radiance Class ships have a similar setup, as do Liberty, Freedom, Navigator, Explorer, and Voyager.

Now that I think about it, I remember one of the lounges next to the club on the Jewel. Thanks for refreshing my memory!

• 2 weeks later...

Just received this notification from my TA:

Subject: Important Update: Adventure of the Seas

Dear Travel Partner,

In the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, a devastating storm that affected the Bahamas, the country continues its recovery efforts. Our thoughts are with those affected by the storm.

Adventure of the Seas was scheduled for renovation in Freeport during October and November. Due to extensive damage incurred at the shipyard, as well as the global rerouting of cargo ships carrying equipment and materials, the original renovation plan has been modified.

In an effort to create the least amount of disruption to our guests’ vacation plans, the ship will still exit dry dock on November 14, as previously planned, to embark on its scheduled itineraries. Throughout the ship, your clients will notice an updated design and décor, as well as newly renovated areas such as Boleros Latin lounge and the two-story mini golf course.

As the ship re-enters service, we will be working diligently to put the finishing touches on the following new features.

Work will continue on the Dual Racer water slides, FlowRider and Splashaway Bay aqua park with a new opening date of December 10th, 2016.

Chops Grille will now open early next year, while Izumi Japanese Cuisine is no longer part of the planned scope. Giovanni’s Table, already a guest-favorite onboard Adventure of the Seas, will offer select Chops Grille menu items until the steakhouse opens in early 2017.

The introduction of new staterooms is no longer possible at this time. Guests booked in these staterooms will be contacted by a representative from our Customer Service team to discuss re-accommodation options on the same sailing.

We can assure you that Adventure of the Seas will continue to deliver the highest service and quality for which Royal Caribbean is known, and we look forward to welcoming your clients aboard.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Edited by skiiergirl

My email was received directly from Royal Caribbean. It is a little different. Mine did not reference the new rooms at all.

From RCI

About your upcoming travels

In the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, a devastating storm that affected the Bahamas, the country continues its recovery efforts. Our thoughts are with those affected by the storm.

Adventure of the Seas, the ship on which you’ve booked your vacation, is scheduled for renovation in Freeport, Bahamas during October and November. Due to extensive damage incurred at the shipyard and the global rerouting of cargo ships carrying equipment and materials, the original renovation plan has been modified.

In an effort to create the least amount of disruption to your vacation plans, Adventure of the Seas will re-enter service on November 14th, 2016 as originally planned. Throughout the ship, you will notice an updated design and décor, as well as newly renovated areas such as Boleros Latin lounge and the two-story mini golf course.

Unfortunately, the following features will not be available for your cruise:

·******** Dual Racer water slides

·******** FlowRider surf simulator

·******** Splashaway Bay kids’ aqua park

As part of the planned dining enhancements, Chops Grille will open early next year, while Izumi Japanese Cuisine will no longer be offered. In the meantime, Giovanni’s Table, already a guest-favorite onboard, will serve select Chops Grille menu items.

Please note that during your cruise you will see our teams continue their hard work to complete the ship’s new features.

In gratitude for your patience and understanding, we would like to offer you a 25% Future Cruise Credit based on the cruise fare paid. This certificate will be sent to your email address on file or mailed to your home. Please allow up to two weeks for all transactions to be processed.

We are committed to delivering the highest level of service and quality for which Royal Caribbean is known on your Adventure of the Seas vacation and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

WOW. I feel for those who booked into the new cabins only to now find out that they will not be added. I can only imagine the disappointment of those who have made final payment already and booked flights for panoramic oceanview cabins being added and now being told...sorry, those rooms don't exist. Really bad for those who do not have the flexibility to move around their holidays easily or cancel their flights if no rooms are available to them to move to for their sailings.

I was planning on booking the Adventure for one of the panoramic cabins, now those plans will be put on hold til they add them at a later date. I assume they will not put them in for a couple of years now and will likely do it in about 3 years time since I doubt they would add another lengthy dry dock in the next year or two.

This makes me so sad, but I do understand and I feel bad for the area that was so badly damaged. Its so unfortunate that all the changes they wanted to do can't be done but I am really hoping they will be in the future as this ship is one of our favorites. If you get any additional updates please please let us know. thanks.

Does anyone know how bad construction noise will be? I'm hoping it's not going to be an issue. Did they get to refurbish existing cabins?

Anyway, it is what it is. Can't control the weather and i'm sure they tried their best to get these all completed in time. A day cruising is better than a day at work.

This makes me so sad, but I do understand and I feel bad for the area that was so badly damaged. Its so unfortunate that all the changes they wanted to do can't be done but I am really hoping they will be in the future as this ship is one of our favorites. If you get any additional updates please please let us know. thanks.

With the exception of Izumi and the new staterooms, all planned updates seem to be scheduled to be completed by the beginning of 2017.

Edited by Omi378

I am booked next Feb in one of the new panoramic view rooms (deck 12 rm 1864), have not had any contact from my TA as to a change. I wonder if they were added, but just not finished for 1st cruise.

I also booked only because I got this room and have already booked all my flights. I have young kids and am not really interested in a balcony upgrade.

FYI, the room still shows in my vacation summary page on the Royal, my cruise web site page.

I am booked next Feb in one of the new panoramic view rooms (deck 12 rm 1864), have not had any contact from my TA as to a change. I wonder if they were added, but just not finished for 1st cruise.

I also booked only because I got this room and have already booked all my flights. I have young kids and am not really interested in a balcony upgrade.

FYI, the room still shows in my vacation summary page on the Royal, my cruise web site page.

Wow please let us know if you hear anything and what the accomodations are if any. Thanks

Wow! Im glad I decided to stroll around in Cruise Critic today and stumble upon this thread.

We are booked on Adventure the second week of January and have pre-paid for the 2 night specialty dining package with the intent of eating at Chops. If that is not going to be available until "early next year", I assume it will not be ready for our sailing the second week of January. I would hope they will give us a refund for that package. I am sorta bummed as this would have been our first specialty dining experience.

The other changes do not effect us much but I do hope they were able to complete the cabin upgrades (new TV, bedding, etc).

Glad to see some updated reports. Of course there is the "how does this effect me" thoughts. Tickets go on sale tomorrow for SWA for my cruise. I sure hope they don't schedule the finish of this work for Late April/ Early May ;)

Any news about the suite lounge? Fortunately I bought the drinks package this weekend so it won't bother me too much if it's still a concierge lounge - we'll just drink elsewhere.

Early 2017 for the Suite Lounge