Ectasy vs. Elation

funnyfarm9988

Elation is going through dry-dock right now, so both will be practically the same. Just pick which port is better for you to drive to. The Victory is old just like the Elation and the Ecstasy. I think the Fantasy Class is just fine and the boats actually have more features than the Victory at this point.

If you're afraid of having a bad experience, I suggest looking at Royal's options from Tampa/New Orleans for a short cruise. We would take the Brilliance of the Seas hands down over any of the Fantasy Class.

I believe the Victory is in the Triumph Class, not the Fantasy Class. I haven't been on the Victory but have been on most of the Fantasy Class ships and think they still have a lot to offer. I also like the Jacksonville Port. I have never been out of Charleston so can't help on that. I would suggest just picking the ship and port that works best for you. Either way, have a great cruise. Happy Sailing.

Elation is going through dry-dock right now, so both will be practically the same. Just pick which port is better for you to drive to. The Victory is old just like the Elation and the Ecstasy. I think the Fantasy Class is just fine and the boats actually have more features than the Victory at this point.

If you're afraid of having a bad experience, I suggest looking at Royal's options from Tampa/New Orleans for a short cruise. We would take the Brilliance of the Seas hands down over any of the Fantasy Class.

Do you know if they are adding anything on the Elation while in drydock?

I believe the Victory is in the Triumph Class, not the Fantasy Class. I haven't been on the Victory but have been on most of the Fantasy Class ships and think they still have a lot to offer. I also like the Jacksonville Port. I have never been out of Charleston so can't help on that. I would suggest just picking the ship and port that works best for you. Either way, have a great cruise. Happy Sailing.

I didn't say the Victory was apart of the Fantasy Class as she was only talking about the Ecstasy and the Elation.

Charleston is a great port and very easy. Right in downtown.

Do you know if they are adding anything on the Elation while in drydock?

Elation is getting all the 2.0 upgrades like Guy's and Blue Iguana. She's also getting balcony rooms and waterworks. However, don't know if Irma disrupted construction.

The fantasy class ships are nice, and besides can you really be disappointed on vacation? :D

Anyways I would choose the Ecstasy if I was in your position. She just recently went through dry dock too, so it should be nice and clean and has the 2.0 upgrades.

Plus I love Charleston and I would second the recommendation to spend a day or two before or after. It's one of our favorite weekend getaways

I love the Fantasy class ships, Jacksonville is easy to get to, and I have noticed that when you sail from Jacksonville, (you are closer to the Bahamas) the hours in port seem to be a bit longer overall. If it's about getting to port, then chose the one that is easier for you, if it's about seeing some sights, sail from Charleston, if it's the Bahamas then it doesn't matter, except for cost. Both ships do offer longer than 5 day cruises, and in that case it's about where you want to go. That probably doesn't help much:) but either way, have a great cruise.

Neither one they are 2 old clunkers.

You're probably right.

"If you have a day that you can take the day before or after I would say that Ecstasy just for Charleston."

I agree, extending the vacation in a nice town is always nice. However, St Augustine is close to Elation and I would visit that town.

We were on Elation last month before dry dock and were really disappointed. We had gone as a second part of a back to back with RCL's Empress out of Tampa.

We had breakfast on Empress one day and then had lunch on Elation the same day, pretty cool.

Elation was in really shabby condition with the cabins showing worn cabinetry. It was hard not to compare the two cruises which wasn't fair because Empress was just redone for the Cuba cruises.

The Empress itinerary was obviously better, but we knew that when booking. The Elation cruise fit the schedule and since we were driving back to NY, it was on the way.

The real disappointment was with our overall dining experience. The brunch and MDR breakfast was good and since we stayed onboard for Half Moon Cay, we were able to enjoy the pool and several buffet stations for lunch. The Mongolian wok is very good but not worth the hour wait at regular times. The MDR dinner had a very chain restaurant feel to it. Limited tableware and no table linens, except for elegant night really toned it down. I got some of that rubbery chicken you've probably read about on these boards.

The whole vibe on the ship was very casual and not that old style classy cruise feel to it.

My feeling is always that it's hard to ruin my vacation, because it's better than staying home, however I would pass on Elation.