Question about Miracle over Chritmas

123linz123

Hi,

I am thinking of taking the Miracle over Christmas, obviously it is more expensive than the week before Christmas.

Has anyone any opinions about going for Christmas please? DO you enjoy the cruise more? Is the food different? Or any other differences?

Thank you

L

I cruised over Christmas several times. It is an enjoyable time. You'll definitely have a nice Christmas dinner. A lot of the officers will have their families onboard and I always enjoyed seeing them enjoying their meals together. I also enjoyed the Christmas Village they'd have set up along Promenade deck. The ship will be decked out with Christmas decorations. It's a great way to spend the Christmas holiday. Here is an overview of what Carnival offers on Christmas cruises. It's definitely a family experience. Best wishes for a great holiday cruise!

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3510/~/christmas-holiday-season

Hi,

I am thinking of taking the Miracle over Christmas, obviously it is more expensive than the week before Christmas.

Has anyone any opinions about going for Christmas please? DO you enjoy the cruise more? Is the food different? Or any other differences?

Thank you

L

No too many kids.

We just booked our first Christmas cruise! We will be on the triumph. I am so excited for all of the activities I have heard about! I know there will be a lot of extra kids, but my 6 year old will be thrilled with that!

We have gone the week before, and also been on board for Christmas. Either way, there are activities like snow in the atrium, caroling, crafts etc. Santa even made an appearance the week before. The only difference was Christmas was a sea day, and our last day aboard. They did the show with the kids @ 2 pm and they had Tom Turkey as a dinner offering that night. On Christmas Eve, they had a crew run non-denominational service.

Personally, I prefer the week before because you get all the joy of the vacation, but can be at home for the traditional holiday. Our boys were about 11 and 17 when we were gone for Christmas and as their mother who loves to spoil them for this holiday, we packed collapsible tinsel trees, stockings and light gel clings, plus a suit case filled with small gifts (cameras, 3DS - like I said, SPOILED!) and wrap and had a full Christmas morning on our bed. That was very memorable. But I do find it hard to get in the "mood" because its not cold and snowy but I soldier on...;p

Too many kids on Christmas week and some of the most expensive fares during the year. I prefer early December or January with some of the lowest yearly fares when the kiddies are back in school.

The ships usually have an ornamented tree in the atrium, santa's mailbox, and some other little frills like holly or led lights, nothing very special. Sometimes it "snows" in the atrium as well.

We sailed over Thanksgiving on the Vista and the meal was the usual tom turkey, nothing special. Glad we sailed that cruise for the ship and itinerary, not the holiday.

Okay, I'll say it, Bah humbug!

My family of 4 sailed on Christmas week when the Miracle was based at Long Beach. It was fun. Lots of kids but most seem well behaved. There are a lot of activities celebrating the holidays (Christmas and Hannukah). The decorations were festive and the kids were given jingle bells and santa hats to participate in the snow drop at the atrium and caroling.

Food wise, there was a special dining room menu on Christmas day with turkey and all the trimmings and ham. I'm not fond of "Christmas dinner" type food so I picked something else. On embarkation day, they gave away free champagne (before muster) so I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

On Christmas day, we were at Cabo San Lucas and had a nice beach day. I'd like to do it again this year, but yeah, my credit card took a hit.

Just curious, when do they decorate the ship for Christmas? We are sailing on the Sunshine the first week of December - haven't sailed during that period before and hadn't even thought about it til I saw this thread!!

It seems to be a tossup, I have noticed the first of December and then some ships the week of. Usually someone /contractor comes in during boarding procedures and decorates .

I'll add one more thing. I love getting away over Christmas because while everyone else is going crazy running here and there trying to keep up with the Christmas hustle, I can be relaxing on a ship with warm weather and someone else is doing the holiday chores and cooking. There's a lot to be said for that. I find cruising over Christmas takes a lot of the hassle out of the holidays. It's also a great way to start your own family tradition!

Thank you so much for all of your replies they are very helpful.

The extra kids puts me off, (not taking any kids with me, just 4 adults) but the thought of not cooking /cleaning etc at home is a bonus.

Thanks again

L

I'll add one more thing. I love getting away over Christmas because while everyone else is going crazy running here and there trying to keep up with the Christmas hustle, I can be relaxing on a ship with warm weather and someone else is doing the holiday chores and cooking. There's a lot to be said for that. I find cruising over Christmas takes a lot of the hassle out of the holidays. It's also a great way to start your own family tradition!

I agree with the starting a tradition. Last Christmas we spent the week in Disney World. We immediately decided traveling over Christmas is going to be “our thing”.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums