Can I change stateroom is purchased guarantee?

PhylDunc

We took the chance hoping for a possible upgrade but got 1st floor, aft, adjoining room... I was ok with the location but just noticed the room was an adjoining one has me concerned. Is it possible at this point to pay a bit more to get a different room? We were just assigned the room yesterday but leaving in 30 days. I've emailed my TA but he's out of the office until Sunday!

Depends on the cruiseline.....some will move you to the same catagory cabin, if available. Some won't.

Don't be afraid of the connecting doorway. 99% of the time, your neighbors will be as quiet as you....if you do hear noise, just stuff a towel under the door. Not a huge deal.

(And, they are CONNECTING cabins, with a door between. ALL cabins adjoin another!!)

I agree with Keith call your person you booked with-- you may be able to move to another cabin in the same category for free.

Usually by the time your guarantee cabin is set there is not much more for choosing.

But it will not hurt to ask.

Sometimes it is not a good thing to save money and book a guarantee.

go look at pricing to see if the same category is cheaper or more money then what you paid

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with Keith call your person you booked with-- you may be able to move to another cabin in the same category for free.

Usually by the time your guarantee cabin is set there is not much more for choosing.

But it will not hurt to ask.

Sometimes it is not a good thing to save money and book a guarantee.

go look at pricing to see if the same category is cheaper or more money then what you paid

i would like someone to explain how this cabin guarentee process works.....thanks......karen sc

• 2 weeks later...
i would like someone to explain how this cabin guarentee process works.....thanks......karen sc

short answer: you pay a slightly lower price and are guaranteed a cabin at least the same category as you booked.. but you have little to no say in where the cabin is and you may not get anything better than what you booked.

so if you book an Inside GTY, you will get an inside at minimum with a small chance of being bumped up to a better version of the inside(higher decks are considered..better) or a category upgrade to say an ocean view.

if location is of little importance, then GTYs are fine. but if you want more control, book the specific cabin you want on the deck you want

never book a GTY lower than the minimum type you want/will accept.

Archived