Non dairy options - Grandeur of the Seas

Two questions because I'm lactose intolerant:

Does anyone know if the coffee place has specialty drinks with nondairy milk options available (almond, coconut, etc)?

For meals, do I just ask the server about dairy in the food? Or do I put somewhere on my reservation that I'm lactose intolerant?

Does anyone know if the coffee place has specialty drinks with nondairy milk options available (almond, coconut, etc)?

For meals, do I just ask the server about dairy in the food? Or do I put somewhere on my reservation that I'm lactose intolerant?

Soy milk is readily available.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

1- the specialty coffee sites have Almond Milk, Soy Milk, and Lactose Free Cow's Milk

2- contact the special needs department to note your reservation:

fill out the form found here: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/processGuestSpecialNeeds.do

3- see the Maitre'd when you board to remind him of your needs. In the buffet you can ask any of the food prep folks and they will do their best to get you what you need.

Steve

1- the specialty coffee sites have Almond Milk, Soy Milk, and Lactose Free Cow's Milk

2- contact the special needs department to note your reservation:

fill out the form found here: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/processGuestSpecialNeeds.do

3- see the Maitre'd when you board to remind him of your needs. In the buffet you can ask any of the food prep folks and they will do their best to get you what you need.

Steve

Awesome, thank you! That helps me decide on the drink package.. I drink a lot of coffee/coffee drinks and would like to be able to drink them on the ship.

The link was what I was looking for... thank you!

I’m allergic to dairy. Every night I get the menu for the next night and place my order so they can prepare the food so that I can eat it. If the dish normally has something in it that I cannot eat and they can make it so that I can eat it, they will do it.

That's right..."special needs" is who you need to contact.

But from previous reports, CHECK WITH THE MDR WHEN YOU BOARD.

The word doesn't always get to the right people

Our our last cruise - the Almond and soy milk was stuck down below for several days waiting to be distributed and I wasn’t able to get it for my coffee or in the MDR. I didn’t complain because I had not sent anything to special needs ahead of time.

For future cruises - I plan to always send a note to special needs so that they know it’s a priority to bring out of storage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk