All things Triumph

Suenos del mar

What does cabin service usually include? The tidy and make bed?

If there are no small refrigerators, can we ask for ice and then bring some sodas for the room etc?

What are the guidelines for bringing food on board?

Thanks Ya'll!:):)

So excited to be in my first Carnival cruise - June 11 out of New Orleans!

Mary

Yes!

You can use the ice from the bucket, or you can bring a smallish soft sided ice chest and they will usually keep it iced without even asking. But it would not hurt to mention it to the steward. You can bring six canned soft drinks per person, I believe.

But they have to be in your carry on.

We use a wheeled duffle bag from Target. (then fold it up and force it into a suitcase as we like to self debark)

I watched a guy stand in line for a hour holding a case of drinks and it did not look like fun.

So something wheels is worth having!

If you are doing a regular debark and may buy a bunch of stuff, then the now empty drink bag will be a good place to stash your new treasures.

Yes!

You can use the ice from the bucket, or you can bring a smallish soft sided ice chest and they will usually keep it iced without even asking. But it would not hurt to mention it to the steward. You can bring six canned soft drinks per person, I believe.

But they have to be in your carry on.

We use a wheeled duffle bag from Target. (then fold it up and force it into a suitcase as we like to self debark)

I watched a guy stand in line for a hour holding a case of drinks and it did not look like fun.

So something wheels is worth having!

If you are doing a regular debark and may buy a bunch of stuff, then the now empty drink bag will be a good place to stash your new treasures.

Under Section 8f of your cruise contract you are permitted to bring aboard in a carry on one 750ml bottle of wine or champagne Plus one 12 pack of soda or non-alcoholic beverages in unopened cans or cartons 12 ounces or less each in size for each passenger. You can only bring wine aboard even in the small quantities listed above if you are an adult. No bottles are permitted other than the one bottle of wine. Due to the bottle restriction Carnival now sells bottles of water on board for only $2.99 for a 12 pack of water. This is actually cheaper for water than you can buy it at Walmart.

Edited by Jana60

One more question, did you ever use the Internet hub app, as we want to keep tabs with family on the ship, it sounds brand new, and worth a try I suppose... Not sure how much it cost, total, exactly.... But interested to find out more, before we leave, hopefully....!

Hey I found more information about the hub app you were asking about! You can download the app at the Play Store of your device. Once its downloaded you just sign on to the carnival intranet system to access the hub. The app gives a list of supported ships and triumph is listed. When you are on board a Carnival ship you can always access the Carnival site on their Internet even if you purchase no internet services. This leads me to wonder whether it is going to be possible to use the hub without purchasing Internet service. I have not been on board since this was in effect so I'm not sure. If anyone has sailed since the hub went into effect please answer this question!

Under Section 8f of your cruise contract you are permitted to bring aboard in a carry on one 750ml bottle of wine or champagne Plus one 12 pack of soda or non-alcoholic beverages in unopened cans or cartons 12 ounces or less each in size for each passenger. You can only bring wine aboard even in the small quantities listed above if you are an adult. No bottles are permitted other than the one bottle of wine. Due to the bottle restriction Carnival now sells bottles of water on board for only $2.99 for a 12 pack of water. This is actually cheaper for water than you can buy it at Walmart.

Yay, the correct info!

12 cokes does sound a lot better than 6.

We will be on the 6/6 sailing and we have 2 balcony rooms. Does anyone know if the partitions can be removed to join our two balconies?

If so, Who do I contact to request it?

Thank you!

We were on deck 7 (Empress) and they did a balcony cleaning one day. They opened all the partitions so when we looked out the door, we could see down the entire length of the deck.

Talk to your cabin steward about opening the partitions and have people from both rooms present.

We were on deck 7 (Empress) and they did a balcony cleaning one day. They opened all the partitions so when we looked out the door, we could see down the entire length of the deck.

Talk to your cabin steward about opening the partitions and have people from both rooms present.

Awesome! Thank you!

Hey I found more information about the hub app you were asking about! You can download the app at the Play Store of your device. Once its downloaded you just sign on to the carnival intranet system to access the hub. The app gives a list of supported ships and triumph is listed. When you are on board a Carnival ship you can always access the Carnival site on their Internet even if you purchase no internet services. This leads me to wonder whether it is going to be possible to use the hub without purchasing Internet service. I have not been on board since this was in effect so I'm not sure. If anyone has sailed since the hub went into effect please answer this question!

I don't think this is available yet on very many ships. I don't think it is available on the Triumph. And yes, if you are on one of the ships, the hub works without internet access - device on airplane mode and log into Carnival app.

Does anyone know if Jerry Yuzon is back on the Triumph playing in the Lobby? He's the guy who looks Asian, but is actually from Canada. Wonderful entertainer! We'll be back on the Triumph for the 8th time! All time favorite ship! Before and after the issues!

I don't think this is available yet on very many ships. I don't think it is available on the Triumph. And yes, if you are on one of the ships, the hub works without internet access - device on airplane mode and log into Carnival app.

I don't know if they've started it yet but they definitely plan to have it!

1454428953298.jpg.4103732f3b4b17b704b2ac47e8554e76.jpg

1454428974747.jpg.47f0f01ae5ef9b3030106f6f350111bb.jpg

Hey there I'll be on the cruise too! I booked the chefs table, and it tends to sell out. Go go zydecruiser.net and you can see all the menus, I'm also excited to try the all American table!

Me and my family will be on this cruise too! We have not tried the American Table menus yet. Looking forward to trying! We did the Chef's Table on our October cruise, it was amazing!

Does anyone know if Jerry Yuzon is back on the Triumph playing in the Lobby? He's the guy who looks Asian, but is actually from Canada. Wonderful entertainer! We'll be back on the Triumph for the 8th time! All time favorite ship! Before and after the issues!

He was on my December 5th cruise, but not sure about now.

The Feb13th sailing will be my 9th cruise on Triumph. Most people cruise for the ports or for all the fancy activities like surf riders or rock climbing walls but I'm cruising this time for the entertainment. I love the big show band playing with the shows, and I love having lots of variety other than the shows like the little groups playing in various areas, The Comedy Club, karaoke, and the piano bar. They also used to have a talent show where your fellow passengers would perform various talents, mostly singing. Some were better than the singers on the ship and of course some were amusingly bad! I like having daytime activities other than just the pool like when they have daytime trivia and karaoke! Some cruise lines seem to roll up the carpet at night and everything but the disco stops at 10 p.m.. When you have mobility issues this gives you nothing to do after 10 p.m. I wish they would still have their big show band on all of their ships instead of the change to canned music for the shows.

Edited by Jana60

Hi - I have seen pics of a tap in the Triumph's EA sports bar showing both Bud Light and Miller Lite. Can anyone confirm they have Miller Lite on draft? Most info on Carnival's EA bars shows only Bud Light. Would love Miller Lite draft!!!

Cheers!

Jim (We are sailing March 7th)

• 2 weeks later...

My sister, neice & I booked the special 8 day Triumph cruise on April 8th after she moves to NOLA

They do have a Chopsticks, which is I think of the side part of Lido.

Zydecocruiser.net has pictures of Fun Times, menus & Triumph from his Oct-Nov 2015 cruise.

I am so excited was on the Triumph twice in 2012.

I am taking a soft sided cooler for icing down drinks. :)

Anyone have any thoughts on cabin 8395 or a cabin somewhat close? Our friends are in that cabin while we are in 1050 but on the Victory. Thought they would be similar being same class and all. Very curious about thoughts on cabin 8395.

Thanks in advance.

My wife ans I are looking at sailing on the Triumph from New Orleans in September. Probably on the 9/12 sailing. We are looking at an Aft-faceing balcony room. Anyone had one of these rooms? looking for your reviews.

Thanks

We have stayed in aft balconies quite a few times. There is no better balcony on the ship. Splurge and get it. But know u will be spoiled and will expect nothing less :)

• 1 month later...