All things Triumph

Suenos del mar

Following; Read some reviews recently, that weren't great. Someone mentioned a "Chops", but can't find that or any info about that. Seems it must be a mistake, is there a "Chops" on the Triumph? I would LOVE that!

I didn't remember whether it was called chops or chopsticks but there is a little Chinese place in the buffet area. Unlike the Mongolian wok you don't get to choose your ingredients however if you express to the chef there that you just love their food but it's too spicy then they will actually make you some with less heat because they love to be appreciated!

I'd love to see the negative reviews you posted about. The Triumph does not have a Chops. You can see the deck plans by Google search and Cruise Critic has them deck by deck.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/carnival-triumph-deck-plans/dp/

We sailed the Triumph three times in 2015, the most recent for NYE and it was a super cruise!

We were on that cruise too, and except for the bad weather on the last sea day, I agree. And the bad weather meant we got to see both comedians, who I'm positive were much more entertaining than what was regularly scheduled.

I didn't remember whether it was called chops or chopsticks but there is a little Chinese place in the buffet area. Unlike the Mongolian wok you don't get to choose your ingredients however if you express to the chef there that you just love their food but it's too spicy then they will actually make you some with less heat because they love to be appreciated!

GREAT news to me, we will look for this, thank you!

Next we are looking to see recent fun times-list of daily ship offerings, if anyone sees any....

We were on that cruise too, and except for the bad weather on the last sea day, I agree. And the bad weather meant we got to see both comedians, who I'm positive were much more entertaining than what was regularly scheduled.

We usually get a balcony cabin on the lido, but this time I was on the hook for 4 people, so we selected corner aft cabins on deck 2. Bad idea. Once we got into the rough seas the last day the ship started pitching.

Mr. cruise expert (that'd be me) with his nifty 25th milestone Carnival cruise card decided to lie down on the bed and rest a while around 2:30pm. I didn't leave the cabin until we got to Galveston. Once I stepped off the ship I was fine.

The Magic awaits in a few weeks!

Edited by BallFour4

We usually get a balcony cabin on the lido, but this time I was on the hook for 4 people, so we selected corner aft cabins on deck 2. Bad idea. Once we got into the rough seas the last day the ship started pitching.

Mr. cruise expert (that'd be me) with his nifty 25th milestone Carnival cruise card decided to lie down on the bed and rest a while around 2:30pm. I didn't leave the cabin until we got to Galveston. Once I stepped off the ship I was fine.

The Magic awaits in a few weeks!

We have a lido deck balcony booked for our very first cruise on the Triumph out of NOLA in June....I've never been on a boat outside of a lake and am concerned about being sick. Do you feel a lot of the motion up there?

We have a lido deck balcony booked for our very first cruise on the Triumph out of NOLA in June....I've never been on a boat outside of a lake and am concerned about being sick. Do you feel a lot of the motion up there?

You will be just fine. We take ginger a few days prior and during the cruise. It works for us and is better than the sedating products. I've never been truly sick in 32 cruises.

Get up early and watch the ship "come to life" one morning. We hit the jogging track and enjoy a sunrise. It makes for a great nap later!

You will be just fine. We take ginger a few days prior and during the cruise. It works for us and is better than the sedating products. I've never been truly sick in 32 cruises.

Get up early and watch the ship "come to life" one morning. We hit the jogging track and enjoy a sunrise. It makes for a great nap later!

Thanks for the info! We are early risers so I'm looking forward to sunrise and breakfast on the balcony.

We will be on the 6/6 sailing and we have 2 balcony rooms. Does anyone know if the partitions can be removed to join our two balconies?

If so, Who do I contact to request it?

Thank you!

I dunno the answer, but we are on the same sailing!!

I could be wrong but I thought the Triumph was one of the few ships where you could not 369636946remove the partition on the balcony. Actually no I think I am wrong. I think Triumph is a ship where the balcony partitions do not go all the way to the bottom

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OK, we have about decided against an aft-facing balcony room. Has anyone stayed on the spa deck? Seems it would be quieter.

We were on Deck 10 in 2010. Very quiet there. We're on Spa Deck on the 2/6 sailing. I'll let you know - unless you need to know before then.

Thanks for the info! We are early risers so I'm looking forward to sunrise and breakfast on the balcony.

We always get balcony son the lido deck. Unless you get car, you probably won't get car sick. You will live your balcony and will never go back to anything else.

Just booked this past weekend to board the Triumph on April 4. Am I correct that they have the American table menu? If so I'd be interested in hearing what people thought of it.

Yes, it does! I'm excited to try it. I've read mixed reviews but from the menus I've seen it looks great!

Just booked this past weekend to board the Triumph on April 4. Am I correct that they have the American table menu? If so I'd be interested in hearing what people thought of it.

Hey there I'll be on the cruise too! I booked the chefs table, and it tends to sell out. Go go zydecruiser.net and you can see all the menus, I'm also excited to try the all American table!

I think I've read that there are no bath robes Provided in regular (balcony) cabins. Just to make sure, as I'm considering bringing my own, as we did enjoy ours on our last Conquest cruise. Any thoughts? We could ask the cabin steward for some? I didn't like it enough to buy one, I much prefer my big softer one, but would also prefer to leave it home if we can't borrow...

Getting ready for packing, getting real excited.....

I think I've read that there are no bath robes Provided in regular (balcony) cabins. Just to make sure, as I'm considering bringing my own, as we did enjoy ours on our last Conquest cruise. Any thoughts? We could ask the cabin steward for some? I didn't like it enough to buy one, I much prefer my big softer one, but would also prefer to leave it home if we can't borrow...

Getting ready for packing, getting real excited.....

There are robes in all cabin types. If for any reason you don't find the clean robes in the closet when you arrive just tell your room steward. Only thing Triumph lacks are refrigerators. Only suites have frig on Triumph so you might want to bring a soft sided portable ice chest.

Have booked for Feb 22 - 1st time on carnival #7392 balc cabin - have been following this thread to get pointers for triumph - thanks for all the info!

All I have to figure now is my transport from Houston airport and back - but will sort that out today, have been reading that on the gulf ports site.

N

Have booked for Feb 22 - 1st time on carnival #7392 balc cabin - have been following this thread to get pointers for triumph - thanks for all the info!

All I have to figure now is my transport from Houston airport and back - but will sort that out today, have been reading that on the gulf ports site.

N

If you have a group you might get a good deal from various shuttle services. I'm solo flying into hobby so I got the best deal from Galveston Express shuttle. They have senior discounts also. I've cruised on triumph 8x and will be on the last leg of a back to back to back on same cruise as you so if you have any questions at all just post them here or at our roll call and I'll respond. You can also contact me when you get on board if you have any questions and don't want to wait in the long line at guest services. I'll be in room 2212. Your room number is also your phone number on board.

Edited by Jana60

There are robes in all cabin types. If for any reason you don't find the clean robes in the closet when you arrive just tell your room steward. Only thing Triumph lacks are refrigerators. Only suites have frig on Triumph so you might want to bring a soft sided portable ice chest.

Thanks so much for your help, Jana60. This makes me so glad to see! I thought Carnival was cutting back, we will be checking for clean and enjoy these robes, saves more room for packing too! Besides, my comfy one might just be too warm.....

Cruise Critics are the best!

One more question, did you ever use the Internet hub app, as we want to keep tabs with family on the ship, it sounds brand new, and worth a try I suppose... Not sure how much it cost, total, exactly.... But interested to find out more, before we leave, hopefully....

Thanks to everyone sharing info, love it!

One more question, did you ever use the Internet hub app, as we want to keep tabs with family on the ship, it sounds brand new, and worth a try I suppose... Not sure how much it cost, total, exactly.... But interested to find out more, before we leave, hopefully....

I am unfamiliar with the new internet hub app. We purchased the new internet plan on freedom when we sailed in October. I purchased the fastest plan which we discovered was not fast enough to Skype or perform work however I was able to play games on the internet, check email, surf the web, and post and read facebook with ease. It is possible they were having trouble with their high speed internet because when I complained at the desk without my asking for a discount I discovered a return of part of my payment making my price the price of the intermediate package. I have heard that triumph now has these new Internet packages and I definitely intend to purchase on my cruises in February.

Edited by Jana60

Thanks so much for your help, Jana60. This makes me so glad to see! I thought Carnival was cutting back, we will be checking for clean and enjoy these robes, saves more room for packing too! Besides, my comfy one might just be too warm.....

Some of the ships have gone to a system in which you have to request items or check off a Card to receive some of the items that were normally given automatically. If they don't automatically give you any of the following you should certainly request the following services as they are still available:

Robes,

Twice daily cabin service,

Twice daily ice delivery,

Extra hangers,

Extra pillows,

Or Extra blankets

I personally think its a pain that they are trying to make you have to ask for services that they used to supply automatically but I actually typed up a list and if these items are not given automatically I intend to leave it as a note for my cabin steward requesting these. If your cabin steward gives you the impression or actually tells you that these things are not available or that you must choose between morning and evening cabin service just call guest services and notify them as this is not the case!

What does cabin service usually include? The tidy and make bed?

If there are no small refrigerators, can we ask for ice and then bring some sodas for the room etc?

What are the guidelines for bringing food on board?

Thanks Ya'll!:):)

So excited to be in my first Carnival cruise - June 11 out of New Orleans!

Mary