Just boarded the Triumph - any questions?

ejchron

We will be there in April, but have been on before back in 2011. Have a few questions if you don't mind.

We signed up for the cheers/soda program on line. Did you do so too, and how did it work? Was told it was automatic and didn't have to do anything besides order a drink. Is this true?

We also had to pre-sign to board the ship at a certain time. Did you do so and how well did it go? Did others follow this procedure?

We didn't have the Blue Iguana and Guys there when went. Do you the food there and can you give us any suggestions what to get? Plus pics pls.

last question...I assume you stayed in NOLA for a bit. Any restaurants or places you visited that you would suggest? And

pics. LOL

Oh and thank you!

Edited by lovermonkey

OP has not been back on here for several days but I'll try to help out:

We will be there in April, but have been on before back in 2011. Have a few questions if you don't mind.

We signed up for the cheers/soda program on line. Did you do so too, and how did it work? Was told it was automatic and didn't have to do anything besides order a drink. Is this true?

have not done this yet myself but from what I understand the first time you get a drink a Cheers! sticker is put on your card by the bartender.

We also had to pre-sign to board the ship at a certain time. Did you do so and how well did it go? Did others follow this procedure?

Since OP went out of Galveston I would guess the process would differ a bit from NOLA. There's a thread discussing the topic and how well people feel it works you might want to look at.

We didn't have the Blue Iguana and Guys there when went. Do you the food there and can you give us any suggestions what to get? Plus pics pls.

had both on the Conquest last year and I'm guessing the menus are the same. We just did the regular burgers at Guy's and they were great. My friend got a gluten-free bun and she said it was pretty good. Blue Iguana has amazing juevos rancheros for breakfast, we also had lunch there but don't remember what I had.... but it was all great! There's a lot of pix on the internet (don't have any myself)

last question...I assume you stayed in NOLA for a bit. Any restaurants or places you visited that you would suggest?

OP sailed out of Galveston so may not be able to help with this one. I've been a handful of times for work and vacation and the one place I make sure to go is Mother's - great ham! Good for breakfast, lunch or dinner! You will find a lot more info on the North American homeports section.

Hope this helps at least a little bit.

Oh and thank you!

They out the sticker on your Sail n sign card at check in

I have been on this ship 2 times... One time they put the sticker on at check in the other time we just had to go to any bar and get the sticker... Remember, going out of Texas, the drink package cant be used until the 2 nd day. You have to be out of Texas water.

I have been looking for the Triumph 5 day menus.

Have y'all seen them poisted?

Also interested in the room service menus.

I always forget to take pictures of the menu in the dining room. But here is the room service menu.

1455861179380.jpg.e780f92cc7524f7ff49636fe2deed5b4.jpg

1455861258365.jpg.08fd740f5819976df6283b31706041ff.jpg

1455861294302.jpg.018e2b98071755ff07285576d7f9dc0d.jpg

1455861339714.jpg.4683710d1c54809aa404d138533cddce.jpg

Do you remember if bitter and blank was on the dessert menu any night?

No, unfortunately many of my favorites have been absent. No bitter & blank, no Grand Marnier souffle, no escargo, no lobsters. The only thing I have had that was very good in main dining room is the formal night baby back ribs. Of course the fact that they are so good probably means they'll take them away tomorrow or put them on a supplimental charge. The lobster tail they serve for a $20 charge is the same tiny one they used to give away free.

I don't think the spa deck perks apply to Triumph but I'll check. BTW, we're in 1114 on Spa Deck. Might be my favorite cabin yet, simply due to access - just step out the door, turn right and through the door, and your on deck. I love it.

Port side cabins are better on Spa Deck IMO. I had 1111 back quite a few years and when I sat on my balcony the folks up playing mini golf above us leaned over and had a conversation with me, often. Yuck! Didn't think about that when I had booked that cabin.

No, unfortunately many of my favorites have been absent. No bitter & blank, no Grand Marnier souffle, no escargo, no lobsters.

I can understand for cost cutting the snails and lobster would be obvious candidates for cutting.

Even the bitter and blanc has a good bit of chocolate and chocolate is expensive,

but why is my most favorite of all Grand Mariner souffle missing?

Hmm

Edited by mzloolue

No, unfortunately many of my favorites have been absent. No bitter & blank, no Grand Marnier souffle, no escargo, no lobsters. The only thing I have had that was very good in main dining room is the formal night baby back ribs. Of course the fact that they are so good probably means they'll take them away tomorrow or put them on a supplimental charge. The lobster tail they serve for a $20 charge is the same tiny one they used to give away free.

Fleet wide Carnival has eliminated lobster for cruises 5 nights or less. You were on the Triumph and it's routine is 4-5 night cruises.

For $20 you and fellow cruisers on all Carnival ships can have a bigger lobster than the small one served prior.

Edited by BallFour4

I had a friend that just got off the Triumph and she told me the same tiny lobster that was always included in our price is now 20.00, so which is small or large? I am confused. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sailed on the Triumph last month and Magic last week. Had the $20 option on both. It's much larger.

Did your friend actually order the $20 lobster?

Edited by BallFour4

Jana how is the formal night? I heard no one dressed up much on the cruise from last week. Seems like something should be done with the food not bring that great. My friends went last week and they said it was nut that great. [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got of the Triumph yesterday ... we didn't go to the MDR at all, but the Lido buffet was surprisingly great, and the chef's table was sublime. 😊