A feast for your eyes - food + port photos from our Infinity Panama Canal Cruise

ebslc

CC friends,

I have assembled food photos we took during our Panama Cruise on the Infinity a few weeks ago. It's still under construction - captions are not all there yet.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ebslcc/FeastingOnTheCelebrityInfinity

I have other photo albums from our cruise under construction http://picasaweb.google.com/ebslcc. Huatulco and Puntarenas Costa Rica albums are pretty much complete.

It's best to click on the slideshow, full screen photos will play on your computer with caption. You can adjust the speed of the playback clicking on the + and - icons.

Some of the captions have live links to info elsewhere to help you if you are planning your trip. If you are interested in the live links, click on an individual picture in the index page and then click on the link.

BTW, Picasa is FREE from Google, it's a great digital photo organizer, it has simple and intuative photo correction tools, you can get 250MB web space for sharing your photos. No, I don't work for Google - I wish, I heard they serve great cruise quality food in their cafeteria.

Enjoy!!

Laurence

Laurence

This is my type of food exceptionaly good photos, my wife Eluned and I will be passing through the Panama Canal next March on our Ruby Wedding aboard the Infinity from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego

David

The food looks wonderful. I am not sure hubby will appreciate all the green stuff and vegetables. He does not eat any vegetables at all - do they serve up the whole plate or do they let you serve yourself of the pots and veg.

But I guess on the first night once he says no vegetables then the waiter will remember.

Thanks again for such wonderful photos.

:D Good morning, Laurence.

Many thanks for such an interesting photo display. Well done !!!

We're also using Charlie Soto in Puntareans during our upcoming Full transit Panama cruise on MERCURY 8th Dec from SanDiego. I'd appreciate your comments on his organisation and himself, since you appear to have taken a full 7-8+hours tour .

The quality of your pix is superb.

Gratias !!

Cheers

Claude G

;)

Those pictures brought back thoughts from our Infinity cruise in April. Had my picture taken with Chef Oswald. Just loved his German accent.

Claude, we used Charlie Soto last November while on the Galaxy. We were on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica, and did an all day tour. Was the best excursion of our cruise. Be sure to pick up some Costa Rican coffee. IMHO it's the best coffee in the world. Better than Kona or Blue Mountian.

Rollie

Was your waiter Mirko? I am looking at picture #74 in the food album and that looks like him - he was our waiter on our Infinity Panama Canal cruise back in April.

No, he was our next table's waiter.

:D Good morning, Laurence.

Many thanks for such an interesting photo display. Well done !!!

We're also using Charlie Soto in Puntareans during our upcoming Full transit Panama cruise on MERCURY 8th Dec from SanDiego. I'd appreciate your comments on his organisation and himself, since you appear to have taken a full 7-8+hours tour .

The quality of your pix is superb.

Gratias !!

Cheers

Claude G

;)

Hi Claude,

Charlie is the owner of the okeydokey tour company. He is a very friendly customer oriented tour operator. He lived in San Diego previously before moving back to Costa Rica to start his own tour business. We only had 6 people in our tour group so we got pretty good personal service from him. I was able to talk to him quite a lot as I sat up front in his van. He really made me feel like an old friend is driving me around to see Costa Rica. He was very flexible in the amount of time our group spends at our stops... we took it SLOW at the restaurant and we spent a good amount of time watching the crocodiles and going to the shop next to the bridge. We had trouble getting change at the Pali market and Charlie jumped in to help... For the amount of money Charlie charges, the number of places you will experience and the friendlyness of his company, I think his tours are excellent value.

Tip: bring some small change $5 and $1s if you are going to buy stuff at the Pali market. Otherwise you may be stuck with some Costa Rican money.

Charlie told me that when there is a bigger group he has associates who would come along to help. The associate would do the driving and he can interact more during the long drives (30-45 minutes) between points of interest. His sister lives in Puntarenas so when he has a pre-booked tour he goes there the night before to stay there so that he can be at the dock when the ship arrives. He lives 3 hours from Puntarenas. He does tours from both Pacific side (Puntarenas) and Caribbean side (Limon).

Have fun with Charlie and say hi to him when you see him. I am sure he will remember me as I sent him a link to my pictures.

Laurence

Are most of the pictures of food from the SS United States?

I'm wondering how the food in the main dining room compares, if Laurence or anyone can comment.

Thanks again.

Most of the pictures were from the main dining, some were from the open seating lunch. If there are At Sea days check out the open seating menu. The food at lunch in the Trellis restaurant is as good as the dinners. The only problem with open seating lunch is it takes a lot longer to get through a meal vs. the lunch buffets and you have less time for other activities (e.g. dance lessons which I don't mind skipping :D.)

BTW, I added pictures from 'High Tea' in the food album.

Laurence

We enjoyed your pictures of the cruise. We passed thru the Canal after you on the Radiance. Do you plan to post more pictures of the Canal transit itself?

They hid the strife going on in Oaxaca from us, that is why there were soldiers all over the place. Oaxaca is now on the State Dept areas-to-be-avoided list, big time rioting. I guess it is centered in the city and not along the Coastline.

Hi Laurence

I posted your link on our Summit Roll Call as I think your pictures are great. Thanks for sharing them & looking at them certainly makes me want February to arrive quickly. I have my Picasa link working so will check regularly for your updates. I have booked with Charlie for Puntarenas & am looking forward to the day.

Jan

Hi Laurence

I posted your link on our Summit Roll Call as I think your pictures are great. Thanks for sharing them & looking at them certainly makes me want February to arrive quickly. I have my Picasa link working so will check regularly for your updates. I have booked with Charlie for Puntarenas & am looking forward to the day.

Jan

Mr. Incredible, I like your pictures also. Thanks for sharing. I will put the Panama crossing picture up soon. I have to trim down from ~500 pictures from our day there.

Hi Jan, Feb. will be here soon! I am sure you will have a great time!!

After getting the pictures straighten out I will work on a trip report.

Archived