A feast for your eyes - food + port photos from our Infinity Panama Canal Cruise

ebslc

Loved your pictures, Laurence! I loved the food on my two "Infinity" cruises. I don't remember their having crab legs and scampi on the luncheon buffet at that time. Yummm!

They were so good and juicy that I went back 3 times!! May be they picked up a fresh batch from Alaska before the dry dock. The scampis were made fresh with loads of garlic (your choice). Quality wise, we liked the food on the Mercury from our 2005 August Alaska cruise more. e.g. the steaks were thicker and better cut.

We had MANY more late night buffets on the Panama cruise than our last Alaska cruise: chocolate lovers late night buffet, island night, mexican night, crepes night, sherbet and ice cream night and of course the grand buffet.

They were so good and juicy that I went back 3 times!! May be they picked up a fresh batch from Alaska before the dry dock. The scampis were made fresh with loads of garlic (your choice). Quality wise, we liked the food on the Mercury from our 2005 August Alaska cruise more. e.g. the steaks were thicker and better cut.

We had MANY more late night buffets on the Panama cruise than our last Alaska cruise: chocolate lovers late night buffet, island night, mexican night, crepes night, sherbet and ice cream night and of course the grand buffet.

Thanks again for the great photos, Laurence. I'm almost ready to book another cruise after looking at your photos. :D

We are heading out on the Mercury and doing a Panama adventure on the Mercury. Many of the stops are similar and your pictures have really helped us do a bit more research, as well as very entertaining, we are all getting excited.

The quality of your pics are excellent and I was wondering what kind of Camera you had. I am thinking of upgrading mine before we leave.

Thanks

Mike

We are heading out on the Mercury and doing a Panama adventure on the Mercury.

Thanks

Mike

:D Good evening,

Which sailing are you on ??? December 8th SanDiego--Miami ??? If so, join us on the roll call for this voyage...Lots of us already, and the thread is quite active !!

Happy sailings

Claude G

;)

We are heading out on the Mercury and doing a Panama adventure on the Mercury. Many of the stops are similar and your pictures have really helped us do a bit more research, as well as very entertaining, we are all getting excited.

The quality of your pics are excellent and I was wondering what kind of Camera you had. I am thinking of upgrading mine before we leave.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

The camera we took 80% of our pictures is the Canon SD700IS (digital Elph series). We bought it a month before our trip. It's an amazing compact 'point and shoot' camera - very easy to use and it takes great pictures. It has canon's excellent image stabilization system => No shaky or unfocused pictures. We took good quality pictures in a moving van!!

A newer model SD800IS just came out with wider lens (providing wider image capture), lower light capability and new face recognition software to reduce the chance of unfocused portraits and supports even larger SD memory cards. It's available at Circuit City, Amazon etc. It's not an inexpensive point and shoot but to me it's worth every penny! Review: http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...ew/index.shtml If you get this camera, you can get a good price on quality Japanese made replacement batteries at www.batterybarn.com.

When is your Mercury cruise? We were on the Mercury last year to Alaska... excellent staff and food. I will post pictures from the Mercury one day online.

Thank you Laurence for sharing your pics ..... We are on the Holiday sailing on Celebrity Mercury leaving Dec 23-06... So looking forward to this cruise... Your pictures are fantastic...

Alwaysonholiday.... are you on this same cruise..... we have a thread going....if you are...please join in....

Here is a link......... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=222996

Once again Thanks Laurence...both hubby and myself thoroughly enjoyed your slideshows.....

• 3 weeks later...

Laurence,

Bravo on the pictures and excellent report. Would you be so kind to help with a question?

You mention a web address to go to for the Embera Indians. Visitors see a waterfall and arrive by canoe to the village.

We are going on a RCCL Brilliance of the Seas ship in early Jan. I am restricted by the cruise to only their excursions in Panama. We cannot use a private company or they won't let us off the ship.

Therefore, RCCL offers an excursion to the Embera Indians but it doesn't go to a waterfall, nor do you arrive by canoe. Do you know if that excursion was part of a larger excursion?

You were on a Celebrity ship. Do you know anyone who has been on an RCCL ship and what did they do for the Indian excursion?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Laurence - I see in your photo gallery from Puntarenas, Costa Rica that you bought some puzzle boxes there. Any idea what area or shop you found those? I will be there in Feb. and collect puzzle boxes and have already decided what my souvenoir will be if I can find them!

Hi. There is a market /flea market just outside the dock area. I bought puzzle boxes there in November. Many of the stalls have similar boxes, but there were different prices for the same box at some of the stalls. deb

Hi. There is a market /flea market just outside the dock area. I bought puzzle boxes there in November. Many of the stalls have similar boxes, but there were different prices for the same box at some of the stalls. deb

Thanks for the reply! I'll be sure to check that out.:D

• 5 years later...

Archived