Pacific Princess Captain's Circle host outdid hersel for the MTP passengersf!

flamomo

Simply it's a cheapened gift compered to what everyone else receives on all other cruises.

If a few horderves & a glass of wine satisfies you & the OP, then everything was wonderful but I wouldn't classify it as outdoing herself. If it were her family involved Princess should have someone else to fill in for her position.

A Most Traveled cocktail party is only a few hors d'oeuvres and a couple of drinks, it is nothing like the luncheon. The only thing that they got 'screwed' out of was a picture with the captain and perhaps a chance to chat with the captain and some other officers if they were there. The last MTP cocktail party we attended we spent a whole 20 minutes there, had a quick chat with the captain, a quick drink, and passed on the weird hors d'oeuvres. I personally think that with the circumstances the CC department passed along a very good will gesture. Another thing to keep in mind that it is up to the Captain whether there is a luncheon, a cocktail party, or nothing at all. It's all just a good will gesture to honor loyal passengers, not something that is written in stone or in any passenger contract. It's just a good will gesture.

Simply it's a cheapened gift compered to what everyone else receives on all other cruises.

If a few horderves & a glass of wine satisfies you & the OP, then everything was wonderful but I wouldn't classify it as outdoing herself. If it were her family involved Princess should have someone else to fill in for her position.

Since it's a vacation for the passengers, other than a sympathetic exchange to the actual person, everything else is meaningless.

On a ship, crew become like family to each other, as evidenced by the cancellation of the party due to the death of a crew member. That the staff did anything for the MTP people is commendable; that you essentially lift your leg on their gesture shows your character as well

I deem you worthy of a personal tour of the Chamber of Misery. To the Chamber of Misery: Dilly dilly!

And to the family and friends of the lost crewmember, in all seriousness, my heart goes out to you.

A Most Traveled cocktail party is only a few hors d'oeuvres and a couple of drinks, it is nothing like the luncheon. The only thing that they got 'screwed' out of was a picture with the captain and perhaps a chance to chat with the captain and some other officers if they were there. The last MTP cocktail party we attended we spent a whole 20 minutes there, had a quick chat with the captain, a quick drink, and passed on the weird hors d'oeuvres. I personally think that with the circumstances the CC department passed along a very good will gesture. Another thing to keep in mind that it is up to the Captain whether there is a luncheon, a cocktail party, or nothing at all. It's all just a good will gesture to honor loyal passengers, not something that is written in stone or in any passenger contract. It's just a good will gesture.

There are cocktail parties & there are cocktail parties that outdo all the others including lunches, depending on what they want to present. I can understand that they were not in the mood to entertain due to circumstances so they could just have handed out invitations to Sabatini's and not had to be involved with any function.

There are cocktail parties & there are cocktail parties that outdo all the others including lunches, depending on what they want to present. I can understand that they were not in the mood to entertain due to circumstances so they could just have handed out invitations to Sabatini's and not had to be involved with any function.

I refuse to look at it anything less than a positive light, despite your negativism, and I stand by my comment that, IMO, the CC host(ess) went above and beyond.

I spoke with her the following day and thanked her for the generous gesture. Two splits of a nice French champagne (not the inexpensive stuff that is passed out at the champagne waterfall) and a dozen tasty canapés are not a cheap substitute; it was a gesture of good will that I much preferred it to a free dinner at an alternative restaurant.

I guess you haven't attended to many MTP's and would settle for just about anything like a few canapés. :cool:

See, that's the problem with guessing; it is frequently wrong.

It's not Celebrity btw. I wouldn't know, I don't sail Celebrity.

Wishing you a wonderful day filled with sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns

I refuse to look at it anything less than a positive light, despite your negativism, and I stand by my comment that, IMO, the CC host(ess) went above and beyond.

I spoke with her the following day and thanked her for the generous gesture. Two splits of a nice French champagne (not the inexpensive stuff that is passed out at the champagne waterfall) and a dozen tasty canapés are not a cheap substitute; it was a gesture of good will that I much preferred it to a free dinner at an alternative restaurant.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It must have been superlative to be considered better than a Sabatini's meal.

btw- most any cheap wine or champagne is better than the stuff the serve at the waterfall, even 2 buck chuck. :D

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It must have been superlative to be considered better than a Sabatini's meal.

btw- most any cheap wine or champagne is better than the stuff the serve at the waterfall, even 2 buck chuck. :D

And here we go with Flo-Rida dragging it down with the last word, but it's nice to know that you're familiar with two buck Chuck. That must be from your days in the Chamber of Misery, Dilly dilly.

Sending you unicorns that "gas" rainbow glitter

And here we go with Flo-Rida dragging it down with the last word, but it's nice to know that you're familiar with two buck Chuck. That must be from your days in the Chamber of Misery, Dilly dilly.

Sending you unicorns that "gas" rainbow glitter

Sorry, I don't relate to any dilly.

Sorry, I don't relate to any dilly.

That would be because it's fun and humorous, and you dwell in darkness, misery and just focusing on the"half empty" side of things.

Dilly dilly comes from a cute Bud light commercial that, again, is humorous, which is not in your wheelhouse.

The same commercial addresses the Chamber of Misery, which seems to be a home run for you, if all you can do is insult the crew's offering on a day that they lose one of their own.

That would be because it's fun and humorous, and you dwell in darkness, misery and just focusing on the"half empty" side of things.

Dilly dilly comes from a cute Bud light commercial that, again, is humorous, which is not in your wheelhouse.

The same commercial addresses the Chamber of Misery, which seems to be a home run for you, if all you can do is insult the crew's offering on a day that they lose one of their own.

There were no insults that were made by me. Just factual information concerning the shortchanging of a benefit that should have been allotted to those that deserved it for sailing many times on Princess.

I take it that you would have been satisfied with a few horderves & some wine if you qualified.

btw- I don't watch commercials. :D

There were no insults that were made by me. Just factual information concerning the shortchanging of a benefit that should have been allotted to those that deserved it for sailing many times on Princess.

I take it that you would have been satisfied with a few horderves & some wine if you qualified.

If I knew that a crew member had died that day, I'd have been happy that the ship was still sailing and the crew during on all cylinders. Whilst I understand having paid for the cruise, I also have enough of a soul to allow at least a day for the crew to maybe "have a moment".

I'm not saying that things should devolve into chaos and go off the rails, just that a bit of grief and less than normal may be understood. Then, later, for those of your elevated expectations, a bit of compensation for the error if having been humans

Yes you are right you have every right to voice your opinion, but I don't think that the Captains Luncheon/Cocktail party is a benefit. We assume there will be one, as there always is one, but as I mentioned before, it is up to the Captain whether or not one takes place. It is not part of any contract, or not in any documentation. It seems to me that under the circumstances that the Captain deemed it not fitting to have one on that particular day, and perhaps it wasn't feasible to reschedule, so something else was arranged. The OP was just expressing their opinion on what they considered was a more than adequate offering as a replacement, and you have given your opinion as you have every right to, so time to give it a rest.