Anniversary Package

BopRN

Has anyone ever purchased the anniversary package that is listed as "gifts"? I would love to see a picture of the included items such as flowers, etc. Our friends will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on HAL soon and we would love to surprise them, but curious what they would actually receive.The description doesn't give much detail.

Have not... but DW and I are celebrating our 20th on Oosterdam next month and we're doing the ROV package. ROV on HAL gets rave reviews here on CC and is a good deal in our opinion. It also includes dinner for two in PG, which is a $70 value by itself!

Have not... but DW and I are celebrating our 20th on Oosterdam next month and we're doing the ROV package. ROV on HAL gets rave reviews here on CC and is a good deal in our opinion. It also includes dinner for two in PG, which is a $70 value by itself!

We did our Renewal of Vows on the Prinsendam last year. Don't know if it is still as fancy now that HAL no longer as a Culinary Arts Hostess. We had ours held in the Captains Quarters . On all the other ships, it is held in the Queens Lounge. It was almost like getting married. Captain read the renewal of vows of which we received a copy. We had appetizers and Champagne before the Renewal of Vows actually started. Then we cut the cake. You get one free photo as part of the package, but we bought a photo package where we get every photo taken while on board (not the ones with studio lighting that cost $50). We received about 15 photos of the event. The photos were nicely framed and very nicely done. They were worth having the photo package. We invited friends. There is an extra charge. Then we all went to dinner in the Pinnacle. So glad we did it. And it was extra special on the Prinsendam!

Has anyone ever purchased the anniversary package that is listed as "gifts"? I would love to see a picture of the included items such as flowers, etc. Our friends will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on HAL soon and we would love to surprise them, but curious what they would actually receive.The description doesn't give much detail.

The $47.25 package "Happy Anniversary package" includes balloons, flowers and one candid photo.

We were given the anniversary package as a gift for our 50th. The "surprise" was supposed to be there when we boarded the ship - it was not, so the element of surprise was spoiled. We had to track down the gift that our DD had arranged for us. In the end the flowers did arrive - but they weren't nice so we got a couple of re-dos. The same for the balloons! The candid picture would be one that was taken at dinner or when getting off the ship at one of the ports. Had the gift been there when it was supposed to be it would have been wonderful.

We did our Renewal of Vows on the Prinsendam last year. Don't know if it is still as fancy now that HAL no longer as a Culinary Arts Hostess. We had ours held in the Captains Quarters . On all the other ships, it is held in the Queens Lounge. It was almost like getting married. Captain read the renewal of vows of which we received a copy. We had appetizers and Champagne before the Renewal of Vows actually started. Then we cut the cake. You get one free photo as part of the package, but we bought a photo package where we get every photo taken while on board (not the ones with studio lighting that cost $50). We received about 15 photos of the event. The photos were nicely framed and very nicely done. They were worth having the photo package. We invited friends. There is an extra charge. Then we all went to dinner in the Pinnacle. So glad we did it. And it was extra special on the Prinsendam!

Forgot to mention that our renewal of vows included flowers.

Two of the three couples traveling together were celebrating anniversaries while onboard. The third couple surprised us both with Anniversary packages. Because we got an upgrade at the pier to a different room, we did not get any notice in our room about what was included. We did get chocolate covered strawberries and a small vase of a couple of flowers in the room. And when we were first in our room I heard a weird sound in the corridor. It was our steward taping balloons to our door. We would have not known about the picture without my friend telling us. I confirmed at the front desk that we were to get a picture, but when I went to the photo studio to pick one and they didn't have a clue. I had to go get in line (last night) and bring someone from the desk to tell the photo people.

With all that though, the balloons on the door helped us find our cabin all week long, and several of our neighbors remarked it helped them too.

DW and did the renewal on the Amsterdam in 2012 (our 32nd) and cannot recommend it enough. A lot depends on the captain and organizer but, it was an incredible experience. The gifts that come with the package were a minor consideration. The ceremony itself was fantastic (DW was floating on a cloud all night) and it was the only time I can remember when a HAL officer offered a handshake. It is a memory we still cherish.