Can I get Euros on Caribbean Princess

bostonfred

we have done a lot of cruising, but only second time on Princess...since we are stopping at Martinique in January,we will need some Euros. Last year on NCL we were able to get all currencies on the Star as we traveled from NZ to Singapore. Normally, dollars are good in Caribbean, but I heard we will need Euros on Martinique. Does Princess offer currency exchange onboard ? merci 😎

I did a British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess in May. The ship had 2 currency exchange machines. I believe they are located on Fiesta deck if I remember correctly. I assume they are on the ship year round and not just for European cruises.

I did a British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess in May. The ship had 2 currency exchange machines. I believe they are located on Fiesta deck if I remember correctly. I assume they are on the ship year round and not just for European cruises.

Incorrect assumption. Never seen them up and running on Caribbean cruises. In fact when I was on Emerald's last Caribbean cruise of the season in April 2016 (which has turned out to be her very last Caribbean cruise) they had just taken the machines out of storage and were prepping them for the summer in Europe.

Now perhaps this has changed with the revised Caribbean itineraries calling at ports that require Euros. But even if the onboard currency machines are available a better exchange rate with lower transaction fees will most certainly be found at ATMs ashore in Martinique.

Incorrect assumption. Never seen them up and running on Caribbean cruises. In fact when I was on Emerald's last Caribbean cruise of the season in April 2016 (which has turned out to be her very last Caribbean cruise) they had just taken the machines out of storage and were prepping them for the summer in Europe.

Now perhaps this has changed with the revised Caribbean itineraries calling at ports that require Euros. But even if the onboard currency machines are available a better exchange rate with lower transaction fees will most certainly be found at ATMs ashore in Martinique.

Our experience on Martinique....they took our USD$$, no euros required, better yet we used our credit card, charged purchases in euros letting the bank do the conversion...saved about 15% over using USD.

Our experience on Martinique....they took our USD$$, no euros required, better yet we used our credit card, charged purchases in euros letting the bank do the conversion...saved about 15% over using USD.

Yes, Martinique will take USD but at a poor exchange rate. Either buy them in advance or use your CC as you noted.

Absolutely correct. On the CB, as well as other Princess ships, the exchange rate is terrible.....

Bob