Pre Cruise Dinner Miami

tampacruiser

Getting into MIA on 3/30 for a 3/31 cruise. Looking for suggestions/recommendation for a fun casual place to grab dinner Friday night. We are staying downtown Miami at the Aloft Brickell, but we can take a Lyft anywhere so location is not that important. Not looking for fine dining, but don't want a chain type place either (Hard Rock, Bubba Gumps) just something casual and fun

The options are endless right in your neighborhood. Periconies is a good pick for Italian. If you want something more local check out Miami River Oyster Bar. Good seafood. I really like Big Easy Wine Bar in Brickell City Centre as well. There is a Havana 1957 near by for Cuban food if you want to go with that option in Miami. Ceviche 105 is good and in downtown so a walk or uber ride away. Right next door is an even more casual and just as good Peruvian place Pollo Y Jarras. I prefer it to Ceviche 105. Its the same owner I believe.

If you want to check out Lincoln Road in Miami Beach/South Beach I would highly suggest Yardbird.

Other than Pollo Y Jarras make reservations to any of these places. None of them are fine dinning nor very expensive.

The options are endless right in your neighborhood. Periconies is a good pick for Italian. If you want something more local check out Miami River Oyster Bar. Good seafood. I really like Big Easy Wine Bar in Brickell City Centre as well. There is a Havana 1957 near by for Cuban food if you want to go with that option in Miami. Ceviche 105 is good and in downtown so a walk or uber ride away. Right next door is an even more casual and just as good Peruvian place Pollo Y Jarras. I prefer it to Ceviche 105. Its the same owner I believe.

If you want to check out Lincoln Road in Miami Beach/South Beach I would highly suggest Yardbird.

Other than Pollo Y Jarras make reservations to any of these places. None of them are fine dinning nor very expensive.

I'll just echo this post. There are too many options, which is probably why so few are responding, but this is a great selection.

Two blocks from your hotel, at 10th st and S Miami ave, SoCal Taco, has the BEST margaritas in Miami, and $3 tacos... Happy hour is from 5:00-8:00...

That is my friend Leo's place! In case anyone doesn't know, he came up with many of the drinks for Tobacco Road on the NCL ship. Try his Grass Clippings cocktail here where it is made the way it's supposed to be made.

There are a ton of places within a short walking distance to your hotel as you are not far from the Brickell Area. From Italian restaurants, Italian food halls at Brickell Citi Centre, seafood, steakhouses, casual taco joints, cuban. Would be easier if we knew what kind of food you were looking for!

Friday nights are fun around the Brickell area and there are a lot of happy hours. The restaurants over at Brickell Citi Centre are hopping on a Friday evening. If you like sushi, Pubelly sushi is hopping and fun. You can sit inside or outside. They also have a great happy hour. Casa Tua (italian food hall) is really great. Another casual place right on the water would be American Social. River Oyster is fantastic and has great seafood. Great happy hour from 4:30 to 7 pm which has drink specials and $1.50 oysters. For Italian I prefer Toscana Divino in Mary Brickell and they have a nice outdoor patio if the weather is good. They also have a great happy hour at the bar and oyster and champagne specials on Friday nights.

Just a few choices but there are so many more.

I second the recommendation of Yardbird over on South Beach. It's fantastic!

Thanks for all the suggestions. We stayed here last year and know of all the choices in and around Mary Brickell Village. I think we are going to give Ceviche 105 a shot in downtown. Lots of great reviews and it's something different.