Celebrity Equinox March 31st Embarkation Delay

Georgia_Peaches

Hello All,

I just received an e-mail from Celebrity indicating that boarding won't begin until 12:00 PM due to a Coast Guard inspection. Last November, we experienced something similar with Norwegian and it turned into an embarkation fiasco with the vast majority of passengers being unable to embark until after 4 PM. I'm so worried that we are in for another wasted day waiting to embark. I understood the delay for Norwegian because they were returning from Europe. Equinox has been in the Caribbean for a while now so I'm not understanding the need for the "routine Coast Guard inspection". Anyone have any experience with embarking on Celebrity on Coast Guard inspection days? Will they really start boarding at noon?

Thanks in advance!

Christina

Normally boarding starts around 11, so a one-hour delay isn't really too much and I wouldn't expect a fiasco because of it.

I agree that 1 hour isn't terrible...what's terrible is when the 1 hour delay turns into 4 hours. That's what is making me nervous. Is a 1 hour delay really a 1 hour delay?

Christina

Celebrity has no control of the situation. It's in the hands of the Coast Guard Inspectors. Celebrity is only trying to tell you to be prepared for delays. I've been in this situation a number of times and the process normally goes smoothly. You might delay your arrival to the pier to avoid crowds.

Celebrity has no control of the situation. It's in the hands of the Coast Guard Inspectors. Celebrity is only trying to tell you to be prepared for delays. I've been in this situation a number of times and the process normally goes smoothly. You might delay your arrival to the pier to avoid crowds.

I am aware that celebrity is at the mercy of the Coast Guard. As for arriving late, well we tried that in November and it didn't work. I think I'd rather arrive early and wait inside than arrive late and wait outside. Our flight gets in at 10:30. Guess it's a crap shoot either way.