Lago Mar Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

rkacruiser

January, 2019, I have a one day layover between my Royal Princess cruise and my Nieuw Statendam cruise. I have never stayed at Lago Mar, but have stayed at Marriott Harbor Beach and Hyatt Pier 66 before the new owners took over.

Given the cost at Lago Mar, is it worth the expense to stay there for just one day between cruises? I realize that this is a very personal decision, but I would appreciate learning the opinions of those who have stayed at Lago Mar.

This is a very nice resort property. As mentioned, it is not near the places you stayed before. If you want to get somewhere off the property, cab or uber is needed. You will have to decide if you will use the facilities they offer for the rate.

I stay at Lago Mar a couple times per year. It's a very quiet, unpretentious upscale resort. Feels like you're walking into a Tommy Bahama catalog ha. Pools, huge stretch of beach, gorgeous grounds. Suites are large and they've got a package that includes full buffet breakfast. Parking is free and no resort fee. As mentioned, yes you'd need yo taxi/uber to go out, but honestly there's no reason to leave - anything you could want is right there!

Its a nice hotel. We enjoyed the easy walk down the beach to watch the ships sail out. There was very little (if any) sound transmitted from room to room. Our "suite" was accessed from an outside balcony. The furniture in the room was a bit "dated" and the décor could have used a bit of freshening up. It did not feel upscale and was comparable to an Embassy Suites hotel.

Probably would not do it again for the price we paid.

We stayed there for a 3 night stay a few years ago. Stayed in a “suite” which felt like a dated motel . Worst stay we have ever had in Florida. There is a beautiful beach but didn’t like anything about the hotel. Felt old and dated. Room was noisy as people walked by to access their rooms from an outdoor stairway. Pool area very crowded. Restaurant ran out of food. This hotel did not feel luxurious or upscale in any way- I had researched quite a bit but felt this was one time when the reviews were really wrong as so many people gave it great reviews. I guess it depends what you are used to. There was a Marriott close by where we went for dinner and wished we had stayed there ( or anywhere else) . It was also overpriced for what we got