Pizza on Seaside - as good as on Divina?

kj_connections

As if it's good or bad, I can assure you a pizza at sea is better than any pizza at home. So don't worry ;)

Presumably you mean it wll be better simply because you're on the ship. It's that's not what you meant, then I can assure you that it's not true for Celebrity and Royal.

Does MSC Seaside have a pizza section in the buffet, and is it as good as the pizza on MSC Divina?

Does MSC Seaside have a pizza section in the buffet, and is it as good as the pizza on MSC Divina?

Hi there! Yes, there's a pizza section in each of the buffets. It's definitely more of an Italian-style pizza, so if you don't mind that, you'll love it. (I certainly did!) They have a bunch of unique ones, too: breakfast pizza (ham, eggs and cheese), eggs Florentine, sweet pizza (jam and cookie crumbles) but also more common kinds like cheese and pepperoni.

Presumably you mean it wll be better simply because you're on the ship. It's that's not what you meant, then I can assure you that it's not true for Celebrity and Royal.

Thats just what I meant. Havent sailed Celebrity but Royal´s Sorrentos was pretty good IMO on Oasis and Alllure. But to each their own. I´m going on a cruise, the last thing I want to worry about is if the pizza will be good, but I guess that´s just me.

The pizza, when fresh is very good. However, it's always made in advance, stored in a heater until the one on the counter is gone. It was never fresh, except during the 12pm lunchtime rush, and never out of the oven fresh.

I thought this was strange, as I could always get fresh pizza on the Divina.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

Can you elaborate? What has been lacking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The quality of the food has gone down, as portions increase, compared to the Divina. The buffet is same everyday. But keep in mind the main buffet on Deck 8 has been closed at dinner much of the cruise. We eat nearly all our meals in the dining room. Service is very slow at breakfast and lunch. Dinner service okay, but many menu items are constantly substituted, so you never know what you will get. Tough cuts of meat. Sometimes over seasoned, some times bland. Changed menu for American tastes.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app