Any Intelligent Life Forms at Azamara Miami HQ

rallydave

Felt this needed to be it's own thread and will also post on the October 2018 Cruise Cancellation thread.

Appears almost impossible for the Azamara home office to get anything correct in their continuing saga of trying to increase profitability at the expense of former customers on the cancelled October 2018 Journey cruises. They started off on the wrong foot with inaccurate, missing, and mistake ridden communications to customers already booked. Their process was a complete mess with many, many errors and screwups. This continued with allowing negotiations the violated the original offers which were better for some and much worse for most. All of the time one hand had no clue what the other hand was doing and only a single apology and only on CC about no decision date provided.

Pretty sure there are still many people and TA's who have no clue about the cancellations. Next reports came in about the $100 penalty not being refunded starting about 2 weeks ago. After an extended negotiation with Azamara delaying where Azamara did not provide any fair or reasonable offers gave up in disgust and asked for my deposit back.

Amazingly it showed up today fairly quickly but, of course it was short the $100 cancellation while the credit was extremely strange in that it was 2 credits in the amounts of $285.42 and $714.58 which are very strange numbers and of course $100 short. They appeared to have time to come up with this strange accounting whatever but, in the past 2 weeks couldn't refund the correct amount.

Appears Azamara is on the way to bankruptcy as another poster recently stated and is much more concerned with higher prices and making money on Cuba cruises than taking care of existing clients. Know many people have said no more Azamara and we are included in that list. How a company have such a great on board experience with a home office that appears to have no intelligent life forms. This experience has been horrid and can't wait for my $100 and be rid of these bozos.

Am posting this so that others are forewarned as to what they will most probably be dealing with before an after their cruise. If you can tolerate this possible lunacy for the great cruise experience, go for it but, may of us are taking the opposite step. Even our TA has stated that they could not believe their experience in working on our behalf. Many times multiple answers to the same question and taking a week or more to respond to the TA which is the bread and butter of providing paying clients.

Good luck to any of you who will continue with Azamara as you will need it in spades but, it is adios for many of us.

Good luck and happy cruising to all,

Dave, I'm sorry you have had such an unsatisfactory experience with the cancelled 2018 cruise, and can appreciate your frustration.

I am looking forward to my sixth Azamara cruise next month, and I think I speak for most past passengers in saying your experience is not typical. Granted, we have never had a cruise cancelled, but I am confident I am in the vast majority with that. We have a cruise booked next year and when they changed the London embarkation port earlier this month, we were notified promptly with an explanation of the reason.

Making statements like Azamara is going bankrupt, there is no intelligent life at the home office, or they are all bozos does not help future cruisers. Again, I'm sorry your cruise was cancelled and that you and you TA have been so frustrated. We all look forward to our vacations, and fortunately, since yours is over a year away, you have ample time to find a replacement and again have an exciting trip to plan for and dream about. My best to you.

Cheryl

I was looking forward to my 16 and 17th Azamara cruise, but they were cancelled. I understand and accept the reasons, but the numerous missteps are unexcusable. I was NEVER notified by Azamara of anything. If I hadn't found out on this board I still would not have known and been left with two unwanted cruises. I managed to switch one (and pay accordingly) for an extra day, but the ports on the new TA do not appeal to me. Additionally SOME people were given prorated rates on the TA to compensate for the loss of three days. That was not offered to me. I had to pay ($500) increase for the new cruise's extra day, but was only offered $146 for losing three nights. Poor handling, poor communication and unfair treatment.

Dave, I'm sorry you have had such an unsatisfactory experience with the cancelled 2018 cruise, and can appreciate your frustration.

I am looking forward to my sixth Azamara cruise next month, and I think I speak for most past passengers in saying your experience is not typical. Granted, we have never had a cruise cancelled, but I am confident I am in the vast majority with that. We have a cruise booked next year and when they changed the London embarkation port earlier this month, we were notified promptly with an explanation of the reason.

Making statements like Azamara is going bankrupt, there is no intelligent life at the home office, or they are all bozos does not help future cruisers. Again, I'm sorry your cruise was cancelled and that you and you TA have been so frustrated. We all look forward to our vacations, and fortunately, since yours is over a year away, you have ample time to find a replacement and again have an exciting trip to plan for and dream about. My best to you.

Cheryl

Cheryl, don't be a polyana, it will happen to you and they won't care, the money will go into their pockets and you will pay more because of their greed!!!

Cheryl

Cheryl I agree with what you've said.

Edited by laurieb

I was looking forward to my 16 and 17th Azamara cruise, but they were cancelled. I understand and accept the reasons, but the numerous missteps are unexcusable. I was NEVER notified by Azamara of anything. If I hadn't found out on this board I still would not have known and been left with two unwanted cruises. I managed to switch one (and pay accordingly) for an extra day, but the ports on the new TA do not appeal to me. Additionally SOME people were given prorated rates on the TA to compensate for the loss of three days. That was not offered to me. I had to pay ($500) increase for the new cruise's extra day, but was only offered $146 for losing three nights. Poor handling, poor communication and unfair treatment.

I really hope you or your agent if you used one, will renegotiate what you've been offered! I really cannot see them telling you no when they've done for someone else already :)

I really hope you or your agent if you used one, will renegotiate what you've been offered! I really cannot see them telling you no when they've done for someone else already :)

Well you've named one of the huge problems and why the are not being fair or reasonable. It started with a letter that was unfair to all and then they changed the offer in different ways for different people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It shouldn't be up to the customer to renegotiate a bad offer by Azamara. Given these circumstances, Azamara should be fair to all affected customers. That is what a quality organization does. I am unaffected by these changes, but I am very disappointed in Azamara and will be less likely to book with them in the future. It's not because they made these changes, it's because they didn't treat all of their customers fairly.

It is interesting to read about other cruise lines use of modern technology compared to Azamara

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/17673-seabourn-launches-new-seabourn-source-web-app.html

The issues of the new web layout and shore excursions

Azamara has added some extra information via the TV in guest staterooms

But over all Azamara is well below its competitors

Azamara's main advantage is still the Senior Officers and crew

Peter

Appears Azamara is on the way to bankruptcy as another poster recently stated and is much more concerned with higher prices and making money on Cuba cruises than taking care of existing clients. ,

Rallydave,

I did a search for "bankruptcy" on the Azamara board and can't find a single reference about it in a post prior to yours. Would you mind please pointing me in the right direction to verify your unsubstantiated claim?

Rallydave,

I did a search for "bankruptcy" on the Azamara board and can't find a single reference about it in a post prior to yours. Would you mind please pointing me in the right direction to verify your unsubstantiated claim?

Can';t find it either but, positive I saw it, perhaps deleted. You can take my word for it or not. Not lieing. Also fighting Harvey so am done posting about this and going to move on. Everyone needs to make their own decisions

Can';t find it either but, positive I saw it, perhaps deleted. You can take my word for it or not. Not lieing. Also fighting Harvey so am done posting about this and going to move on. Everyone needs to make their own decisions

I've been worried about you, and everyone else in Houston. Stay safe Dave.