Great things I see since last on Royal Caribbean

ryano

First off, I was elated to hear Harmony of the Seas is coming to my favorite homeport next year. :) I thought it would be Allure, which would have been fine but thanks to RC for putting what was their latest and greatest, up until a week or so ago, in Port Canaveral. Even though the news is months old I just found out last week. :) Booked it immediately and im stoked about being on such a new ship and in my first ocean view balcony. Deck 10 accessible 10162.

Some changes I see that are new to me.

You can now order a bottle of alcohol and mixers for in cabin consumption. A liter of absolut and 4 Sprites for 43.00. Reasonable considering.

OBC can actually be used in the cruise planner before getting onboard?

Also, even though the requirement is now for all adults in the same cabin to buy a drink package, if someone you are traveling with doesn't doesn't drink because of medical reasons, they waive this requirement? I like that and will definitely consider a drink package

Edited by ryano

First off, I was elated to hear Harmony of the Seas is coming to my favorite homeport next year. :) I thought it would be Allure, which would have been fine but thanks to RC for putting what was their latest and greatest, up until a week or so ago, in Port Canaveral. Even though the news is months old I just found out last week. :) Booked it immediately and im stoked about being on such a new ship and in my first ocean view balcony. Deck 10 accessible 10162.

You can now order a bottle of alcohol and mixers for in cabin consumption. A liter of absolut and 4 Sprites for 43.00. Reasonable considering.

Also, even though the requirement is now for all adults in the same cabin to buy a drink package, if someone you are traveling with doesn't doesn't drink because of medical reasons, they waive this requirement? I like that and will definitely consider a drink package

I would check the bottle of alcohol again, because it has only been 375ml, not 1 liter. They could have changed it but I have only seen 375ml. Yes, you can use certain types of OBC before boarding.

As far as the alcohol package, if one person doesn't want the deluxe, they are making them buy a refreshment package, which is the package with soda, coffee, bottled water and non-alcoholic drinks. That package goes on sale a lot for $18 per day. Deluxe goes on sale too, but the price seems to depend on the ship. We are sailing Harmony next year too and I have seen deluxe for $45 per day at its lowest so far.

Great that you finally get to try one of the big girls! We love the Oasis class ships.

I would check the bottle of alcohol again, because it has only been 375ml, not 1 liter. They could have changed it but I have only seen 375ml. Yes, you can use certain types of OBC before boarding.

As far as the alcohol package, if one person doesn't want the deluxe, they are making them buy a refreshment package, which is the package with soda, coffee, bottled water and non-alcoholic drinks. That package goes on sale a lot for $18 per day. Deluxe goes on sale too, but the price seems to depend on the ship. We are sailing Harmony next year too and I have seen deluxe for $45 per day at its lowest so far.

Great that you finally get to try one of the big girls! We love the Oasis class ships.

Thanks about the bottle size!. I didn't even check. Seemed too good to be true but just having the option is nice

I found this online about the drink packages. I dont know if the pic is big enough to see. If not I will try something else

I'm really excited!!! :) :)

drink-package-email-exclusions.jpg.8f3fc9ff46b229b379dd59b886803ae5.jpg

Edited by ryano

Thanks about the bottle size!. I didn't even check. Seemed too good to be true.

I found this online about the drink packages. I dont know if the pic is big enough to see. If not I will try something else

I'm really excited!!! :) :)

Back when they started the test of making everyone in a cabin get the deluxe package, they were allowing exceptions. Recently, they have been making the other person in the cabin get the refreshment package. Either way, you can only get them to make an exception or let you have one get the refreshment package is by calling the cruise line. Won't hurt to call and ask if they will make an exception.

My daughter received a gift certificate for exit for Christmas from her father in law when he knew she was going on the cruise. But royal Caribbean tells her she can’t use until she’s on board, no prebooking for drinks or excursions

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In other words, that "bargain bottle" you were so excited with is barely one third of the size you thought.

Sorry to burst your bubble.