Mature 14 year old and the HUB chat feature

My daughter is 14 (February 24), but she is mature both physically and mentally (her two best friends are 16). I am wondering if there is someone I can contact to ask if she can be moved to the 15-17 year old group before our June 24 cruise on the Liberty. I know it's up to the counselors but I'm hoping that her chances will increase by asking in advance.

Also for the HUB app, I read that children can only chat with the adults they are in the room with and not with other children or adults. Is this true? We will have a group of 19 on the cruise and I want to make sure that we can all chat with each other.

Not sure on the kids club. In terms of the app, you can invite people to chat with in other cabins.

One issue we had with a group,of 14 was there seemed to be a limit of 10 in a single chat group. Or maybe we were doing something wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival is very strict with the age groups..... Your best bet is to talk to the manager/supervisor over the counselors once you board. Exceptions can be made......even Carnival states that they can adjust the age groups (its stated in their policy). Good luck

When trying to convince Carnival to let your 14 year old daughter into the camp with the older age group, I would leave the part out that she is "physically mature". That doesn't seem like something appropriate to mention as a reason to be older older teenagers.

When trying to convince Carnival to let your 14 year old daughter into the camp with the older age group, I would leave the part out that she is "physically mature". That doesn't seem like something appropriate to mention as a reason to be older older teenagers.

The only reason I mentioned that is because she's bigger than the average 14 year old and I didn't want her to feel out of place. If the other children are smaller in size (more average), then she will feel uncomfortable. Of course there are smaller 15-17 year olds but the majority aren't. She fits right in with her 16.5 year old friends.

The only reason I mentioned that is because she's bigger than the average 14 year old and I didn't want her to feel out of place. If the other children are smaller in size (more average), then she will feel uncomfortable. Of course there are smaller 15-17 year olds but the majority aren't. She fits right in with her 16.5 year old friends.

I'm confused.....sounds like you just want her to hang out with older kids, and Carnival, like all responsible companies should and will say no. There are reasons, why little kids are not permitted to hang out with big kids. You should give up the size argument, it doesn't work.

As a mom who has cruised a bunch with kids of various ages, sizes and maturity levels, my advice to you is to wait until you are onboard and experience the 2 clubs first. You may be fighting for something ahead of time and find out onboard that the "culture" of the older club is all wrong for your daughter. I have been on sailings where it was a good fit to move my 14 (almost 15) up , and they did. I have also been on sailings where Id rather my 17yo be a level down (they arent going to do that and I wouldnt ask) so we skipped the club on those sailings.

So much depends upon the staff and the actual teen passengers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

FYI... Just got back from a March 4th sailing on the Breeze. Both the 9-11 group and Circle C told us that our kids and friends kids (new 11yos and almost 15yos) could move up a level if we would like. We did not ask. We decided to leave the 11yos in camp and not move them up. We allowed the almost 15yos to move up because the teen census was low on that sailing and the group wasnt "overly mature". Also, those 2 kids would be joining several others from home who were sailing as well.

As a mom who has cruised a bunch with kids of various ages, sizes and maturity levels, my advice to you is to wait until you are onboard and experience the 2 clubs first. You may be fighting for something ahead of time and find out onboard that the "culture" of the older club is all wrong for your daughter. I have been on sailings where it was a good fit to move my 14 (almost 15) up , and they did. I have also been on sailings where Id rather my 17yo be a level down (they arent going to do that and I wouldnt ask) so we skipped the club on those sailings.

So much depends upon the staff and the actual teen passengers.

Best advice here!

There is nothing wrong with asking for a child or teen to be moved up if appropriate.

This is something that exceptions can be made for. It isn’t like asking if your amazing 18 year old can go to Serenity. It’s about finding the best fit in the kids club.

Jus scope it out once onboard and if you think a change is warranted, speak to the appropriate crew about it and see if they are willing to accommodate the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm confused.....sounds like you just want her to hang out with older kids, and Carnival, like all responsible companies should and will say no. There are reasons, why little kids are not permitted to hang out with big kids. You should give up the size argument, it doesn't work.

There's no reason to be confused. If there is something you don't understand or if you do not know the answer, you can just skip the thread. They did this for my nephew on our 2014 cruise so your "like all responsible companies should and will say no" response is incorrect. My thread was only to see if anything can be done beforehand. As I stated before, she has 16 year old friends who will be 17 in October and she behaves more maturely than they do at times. There's nothing wrong with asking a question. However, there is something wrong with making assumptions. I did not just point out her size but her mental maturity too. The fact that you only focus on her size is concerning.