Oceania Marina Penthouse Category Question

Salf777

Hi

We have out first Oceania Cruise booked for overseas next year in an Oceania Suite. Being we live in south Florida we have decided to try the line out by doing a Caribbean cruise from right here.

So in looking at the Penthouse categories there is a decent difference in price from the PH3 category to the PH1. Are they all the same size? All have the same benefits? Is it just location?

We have been to the Caribbean quite a bit and really just want to experience Oceania before we do a big trip next year so we figure if we can save a few dollars in the penthouse category is it worth doing so?

I seem to remember seeing a thread while doing my research that said the lower category Penthouse were actually in quieter locations but can't find it.

If any of you fine people could lend some guidance here it is appreciated. What side of the ship is better? Anyone have a PH number they recommend?

Thanks

a couple at the aft on deck 7 are a bit different in size

put the cabin number in the search & you will see comments on those cabins

if you are sensitive to the motion of the ocean maybe go with midship cabins

PH1 through PH3 are same size (except the aft ones) but vary in location. PHs on deck 10 have rooms above and below them and should be quieter; some of those on deck 11 have public spaces above and may be subject to some noise. Also, PHs on deck 11 have extended covers above the balconies from deck 12 - it may be an advantage or not for you.

PH1 through PH3 are same size (except the aft ones) but vary in location. PHs on deck 10 have rooms above and below them and should be quieter; some of those on deck 11 have public spaces above and may be subject to some noise. Also, PHs on deck 11 have extended covers above the balconies from deck 12 - it may be an advantage or not for you.

Currently on the Marina, PH3, 10020. We have been in the same cabin on our other cruises. Next door is a PH2. We would not like a cabin on Deck 11 because of the noise factor, We find this location to be super convenient because it right across from the Laundry Room....so easy to peek in and see if there is a machine available. We love the PH cabins. We also like to be on the port side (even numbered cabins).

Currently on the Marina, PH3, 10020. We have been in the same cabin on our other cruises. Next door is a PH2. We would not like a cabin on Deck 11 because of the noise factor, We find this location to be super convenient because it right across from the Laundry Room....so easy to peek in and see if there is a machine available. We love the PH cabins. We also like to be on the port side (even numbered cabins).

Wow! We were in 10020 last fall on an Adriatic itinerary.

I totally agree with you on every point! I was worried that there would be noise from people using the laundry room but there was none.

IMHO deck 11 PH 1 & 2 should be PH 4 & 5 due to the deck 12 overhang partially obstructed view. Another vote for deck 10 as no public area or (potentially worse) galley / prep area above. The few PH's on deck 7 have longer balconies if all the way aft is okay with you.

As already mentioned I would not be concerned about noise near laundry room nor elevators from my experience.