Group on ship - can I find out what group?

Looking to book Adventure of the Seas for Feb 2, 2019 thru a TA. That booking shows there is a group on board. We've been with lots of groups before, but I just want to make sure it's not a heavy metal band concert :o Is there any way to find out?

Looking to book Adventure of the Seas for Feb 2, 2019 thru a TA. That booking shows there is a group on board. We've been with lots of groups before, but I just want to make sure it's not a heavy metal band concert :o Is there any way to find out?

The cruise line will not reveal that info. However, you can try an internet search using the full name of the ship and the date in different formats.

I see nothing on the travel agent website that indicates a partial charter.

I think you are thinking of a group booking. Group bookings are plentiful on every cruise and can be as small as 8 cabins. They are used by travel agents to get a better price and lock in rates. They do not necessarily that you will see hundreds of heavy metal band members. Most groups held by travel agents are booked into by people who don’t even know each other.

The cruise line will not reveal that info. However, you can try an internet search using the full name of the ship and the date in different formats.

Thank you - good idea. I did look at the roll call to see if there were any clues

I see nothing on the travel agent website that indicates a partial charter.

I think you are thinking of a group booking. Group bookings are plentiful on every cruise and can be as small as 8 cabins. They are used by travel agents to get a better price and lock in rates. They do not necessarily that you will see hundreds of heavy metal band members. Most groups held by travel agents are booked into by people who don’t even know each other.

Thank you for that info.

Edited by NanaP1398
Spelling

Typical partial charter will have regular cruise shows going on, you wouldn't be seeing an all Hard Rock cruise like a Full Charter would. They might have some separate functions during the cruise usually not interfering with you're day.

Yeah, RCI will not tell you anything about partial charters or large groups - in fact, they won't even tell you IF there's one on your sailing.

I suspect there's something on our May 5, 2019 Adventure cruise but I can't find anything in my searches. The reason I suspect this is because a few months ago when I was checking for price drops on my TA's website I would get a notice that there was a group booked on this sailing. This showed up for a couple of months but then went away. The pricing was also weirdly structured. I wish I had taken a screen shot as I can't remember how it was exactly now.