Upsell Offer for Carnival Paradise

NC_Cruisin

I received an upsell offer from an Interior Cabin on Deck 7 (middle) to a Balcony Cabin on Deck 5 (middle) for $444. This is a 5 day cruise in October on the Carnival Paradise going to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Do you think the offer is worth taking? It will save approximately $150 if we were looking to book the balcony through the Carnival website without the offer. This will be a honeymoon cruise for me and my soon to be DH.

We have stayed in an interior and ocean view before and have a balcony booked for our 7 day cruise in January 2019 on the Carnival Breeze from Port Canaveral to the Eastern Caribbean.

Help me make a decision :)

It's your honeymoon, of course you should!

I wouldn’t have taken that upsell either. I also received an upsell offer to go from an interior midship Empress deck (on Elation, Paradise’s sister ship) to an aft balcony on the main deck for $334. This is also for a 5 day cruise. I thought it was way too much, especially since it was for a lower deck aft. I declined the offer.

We did the aft balcony on the Elation in March and Love it! You and the OP have to remember that the balconies on the upgraded Fantasy ships are brand new including the interiors of those cabins. When they added the balcony they essentially gut the space. So when you are inside your cabin it feels like your on a new ship.

We did the aft balcony on the Elation in March and Love it! You and the OP have to remember that the balconies on the upgraded Fantasy ships are brand new including the interiors of those cabins. When they added the balcony they essentially gut the space. So when you are inside your cabin it feels like your on a new ship.

I understand the point you are making. I had thought long and hard about whether or not to purchase the upsell before I declined it. Bottom line for me was the $344 price tag that came with the upsell. That cost was more than what the base price was for one person for this particular cruise. Also averaged out to an additional $69 per day for the upsell. In my opinion, I felt that was too much. Now if that same upsell had been maybe $144, I probably would have grabbed it in a heartbeat. I appreciate your input about the balconies though.

I just got an upsell offer for our Nov./Dec. back to back cruises a couple of days ago. To go from interior to ocean view for $60. We would have taken it except it was only for one leg of the B2B. But we have the same cabin for both legs because we wanted to be able to just leave our stuff in the same room and not have to pack between and move to a different room. If we could have had the same cabin for both legs we would have taken it.

Waiting now to see if we get any other offers!!

I just got an upsell offer for our Nov./Dec. back to back cruises a couple of days ago. To go from interior to ocean view for $60. We would have taken it except it was only for one leg of the B2B. But we have the same cabin for both legs because we wanted to be able to just leave our stuff in the same room and not have to pack between and move to a different room. If we could have had the same cabin for both legs we would have taken it.

Waiting now to see if we get any other offers!!

Which ship are you doing the B2B on?

• 1 month later...
Which ship are you doing the B2B on?

Sorry, Blarko, I've been away from CC for while! Friend and I will be on Fantasy out of Mobile.

I did get another email with the same upsell. We didn't take it either because of being on just the one sailing. We prefer to stay put in the same room for both cruises! I called my "person" at CCL and asked if there was any way to extend it to both sailings; she said no!

Sorry, Blarko, I've been away from CC for while! Friend and I will be on Fantasy out of Mobile.

I did get another email with the same upsell. We didn't take it either because of being on just the one sailing. We prefer to stay put in the same room for both cruises! I called my "person" at CCL and asked if there was any way to extend it to both sailings; she said no!

And we just got the same inside-to-OV upsell offer again yesterday! Wondering why this many and we are still 3 1/2 months away from our cruise. Again, we declined because it was for only one of our 2 sailings. We are keeping our same room for both cruises!