cutting it too close?

Melli56566

If you booked the excursion with the cruise line, the ship will wait for you if your tour returns late. If you booked your own tour with an independent operator and you get back late the ship will sail without you.

Don't forget, if your ship sails at 5:00, the passengers will have to be back on board at least 30 minutes beforehand. You have very little margin for error.

The dolphin experience is right at the dockyard where the ship is docked and is over at 3:45Pm so I don't really see why there should be a problem. The OP isn't going to be far away from the ship which appears to be close by and within walking distance and has 45 minutes to get to the ship before the 4:30 normal latest booking time. There is also that extra 30 minutes until the actual sailing time and I've seen many passengers returning right up to sailing time.

What port is this planned for?

Is there an earlier time you could get the excursion for? I think I would be too worried about making it back in time. Even if it is "over" at 3:45 does that mean you will be out of the water, dressed and ready to get back to the ship at that time? My guess is not. All you need is one "slow poke" in your way (at the gift shop, lockers, or whatever) and you could be running for the ship. Would make me too nervous to enjoy myself.

:o Hi, I have planned a forty five minute dolphin adventure @ 3pm our ship leaves at 5pm. It is right at the dockyard. Am I cutting it way too close?

Thanks!

You've heard the saying: If you have to ask . . .

Seriously, this is cutting it too close. If everything goes perfectly, you'll be okay (though you'll be watching the clock constantly). But if any little thing goes wrong -- the program starts a little late, the crowd is large and you're at the tail end of it, you make a wrong turn walking back to the ship, any little thing -- you'd be left.

I'd choose another option.

Archived