just off carnival liberty

jensensgrandma

would not hesitate to book a cruise on the liberty. I was worried about some of the negative reviews but I think that for the price, this cruise is an excellent value. It can't be compared to the newer ships and more expensive cruises but it was a great time. There was plenty of food choices. Some food was excellent and some not so good but we could always find something we liked. On my first night , I got the impression that the crew wasn't friendly. By the second day, I saw that I was completely wrong. They were a great crew and service was very good. The cruise director was one of the best I have seen in over 30 cruises. He is hysterically funny and makes the usual boring events like trivia a blast. I don't think I have ever seen the entire lobby plus every tier going up the ship filled with people to watch the cruise director play trivia. The entertainment was good and I loved that you could find dancing and music throughout the ship. For the balcony cabin for 2 that we paid a total of $900 , you can't beat the value . We had a blast.

Thanks for sharing. I'm sailing her 12/3 and when I see reviews like this, I get more exited. The biggest ship i've ever sailed was the Destiny 12 years ago, so i'm really looking forward to the Liberty.

My 4 day Carnival Liberty cruise in January mirrored your experience. I would not hesitate to book another short cruise on her as well. Music and entertainment were excellent; cuisine was the same as you found. (The Diamond Steakhouse exceeded Holland America's Pinnacle Grill in the areas of service and cuisine, however.) Just on any ship, when the hotel staff, i.e. bartenders/lounge stewards, MDR Staff, Room Service Steward, get to know you and you them, service is quite satisfactory.

Embarkation and disembarkation were well handled at Port Canaveral, both ashore and aboard the Liberty.

Good value to be sure!

Been on the Liberty twice. Good cruises both times...

first time went to Freeport...What can I say, free and a port. Not much there, still damage from hurricane Matthew.

Second cruise was the ships first time to Princess Cay, crew VERY disorganized, sure it is better now.

Headed back to her in Jan, can't beat the price.

• 3 weeks later...
I loved reading this! I recently booked this ship for a sisters cruise in May 2018. It will be my 10th, but my little sister' first and I really want her to have a blast! Can't wait!!

I just booked a girls cruise on Liberty May 10th!