Wine Package vs Drink Package

sailin'mama

On the Celebrity site, left-hand side under the on-board experience, food and drink catagory, they list a premium 3, 5 or 7 bottle option starting at $149 or a classic option for $109. Build your own with a minimum of 3 bottles is also available. I have not had experience with the multiple-bottle option. I believe wine selections vary somewhat from ship to ship. I choose the Premium drink package because I like wine by the glass along with the other drink and specialty coffee options. Perhaps someone else can post more specific wines included in the p/c catagories. Enjoy your cruise!

Keep in mind that the packages also include other things you may drink during the day like specialty coffees, fresh squeezed orange juice, smoothies (on some ships), bottled water of varying types depending on the package, specialty flavored bottled waters and so on. The wine packages would not include those I don't believe.

Also, be advised Celebrity wines at the Classic or even Premium packages are not bad, but not all that great either IMHO (and many others'). I don't personally have wine lists to share, but I'm sure someone will post some to help you with your decision. You also are able to board with two bottles per cabin, which can be opened in your cabin and then carried wherever. If opened in the dining rooms you would incur a fee.

If someone did purchase one of the multi-bottle packages how are the bottles provided to you and stored if you don't drink the entire bottle? I'm thinking if you have a pre dinner glass at the sunset bar, 2 glasses at dinner, then want a glass at another bar later that night, how would that work? Can you have the bottles in your cabin so you can drink them there too?

On the Celebrity site, left-hand side under the on-board experience, food and drink catagory, they list a premium 3, 5 or 7 bottle option starting at $149 or a classic option for $109. Build your own with a minimum of 3 bottles is also available. I have not had experience with the multiple-bottle option. I believe wine selections vary somewhat from ship to ship. I choose the Premium drink package because I like wine by the glass along with the other drink and specialty coffee options. Perhaps someone else can post more specific wines included in the p/c catagories. Enjoy your cruise!

We always purchase a wine package (you buy that at the MDR). The Sommelier put a sticker on your passcard. We mainly drink wine these days and I will usually buy a 7 bottle package for a 14 day cruise.

We never buy the beverage packages, since:

1) We are elite and enjoy the happy hour every evening;

2) Our expenditures for alcohol are largely the wine package, as well as a couple of glasses of wine the first day, since there is no happy hour (that will run about $400 for two weeks);

3) We don't drink specialty coffee, since the coffee in the buffet is pretty good and we never drink coffee after breakfast;

4) We drink the tap water on the ship, not bottled water;

5) We don't drink soda.

Each person makes their own decision. What amazes me is when I discuss this with some people onboard, they don't know what they have spent on prior cruises where they didn't have the beverage packages. Some will say, I like the beverage package for convenience. Well, that convenience can be very expensive, in some cases costing 2/3 the price of the cruise itself.

I suppose if you start drinking at breakfast and continue all day, killing your liver, then go for it.

If someone did purchase one of the multi-bottle packages how are the bottles provided to you and stored if you don't drink the entire bottle? I'm thinking if you have a pre dinner glass at the sunset bar, 2 glasses at dinner, then want a glass at another bar later that night, how would that work? Can you have the bottles in your cabin so you can drink them there too?

You've hit on some of my same questions...you are describing how I consume to a tee! And as i might have 1 or 2 special coffees, or drinks outside of wine (love a beer if it's REALLY hot) buying a package just for those types of drinks doesn't pay. Wine is what I love!

I guess the main question is if this package applies outside "dining" in any way, whether that be in cabin or ?? (I have routinely purchased single bottles in the dining room, so I know how that works)

The first night we order a bottle of white AND a bottle of red. Drink what we want from either. The next night the bottles are waiting for us - we drink what we want until one or the other is finished, then order another bottle(s).

We often start with 3 bottles, and usually then change to 5, and the price is just adjusted to the 5 package (no problems) (well, we did have a very strange problem during an overnight but was such an odd circumstance not worth mentioning, except I'll say if you have any overnights on your cruise you may need the info).

And our drinking patterns are almost exactly like the other 2 posters - with the Elite cocktail hour and morning mimosas, etc., we felt no need for the a BP. Next cruise we're getting the premium package as a perk so will change our strategy - glasses of wine instead of bottles.

The first night we order a bottle of white AND a bottle of red. Drink what we want from either. The next night the bottles are waiting for us - we drink what we want until one or the other is finished, then order another bottle(s).......

Can you ask for your bottles at any location (bars or cabin), or just where you are having dinner? What it you move around to Specialty Dining on a multi-night dining package?

Can you ask for your bottles at any location (bars or cabin), or just where you are having dinner? What it you move around to Specialty Dining on a multi-night dining package?

Sorry, don't know, never did any of those things. We did do one night of specialty dining and we had an Elite coupon for a bottle in that venue, so used that separately.

I bet if you wanted to carry a half-consumed bottle back to your cabin from the dining room they would not have a problem with that. Anyone know? I believe if you had it delivered directly to your cabin it would be considered "room service" and subject to different rules.

Sorry, don't know, never did any of those things. We did do one night of specialty dining and we had an Elite coupon for a bottle in that venue, so used that separately.

I bet if you wanted to carry a half-consumed bottle back to your cabin from the dining room they would not have a problem with that. Anyone know? I believe if you had it delivered directly to your cabin it would be considered "room service" and subject to different rules.

We have taken a partially consumed bottle of wine back to our cabin.