Ovation of the seas review m

hello cruisers!

I love this site and this is my first post! Have done 5 cruises (all with Royal Carribean)....quickly got to diamond status due to double points on suites

Just got off the Hong Kong to Singapore leg and in all honesty I think it was the worst cruise so far

It was a mixture of port calls, cabin noise, Chinese cultures and crap entertainment! It will be interesting to see if anyone encounters loud footstep noise from the cabin above?...we had to move 3 times! The floors are made out of pressed steel and the thumping sound was driving me crazy

We took our shoes off but some people are not so courteous

As on all RCI ships, the dining staff were amazing. If you have my time, eat in American icon and ask for Ralph the waiter he is amazing

The head waiter Mr Singy is hilarious and the dining manager Kadek is great....you can call him from your cabin and he will prepare your table!

The ships internet service was quite good and you can save money by only registering one device but sharing the useage (cost was $90 for 8 nights)

The diamond club is in a nice bar with a great Filipino band playing but the atmosphere wasn’t as good as the explorer or Radiance

Morning coffee was at La Patisserie with Clark by far the best barista

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your review!

Friends who have only sailed once loved the Ovation - next booked is the Radiance so it will be interesting how they compare the 2!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What cabins where you in? What’s wrong with the entertainment?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We started off in 9724 (deck 9) then moved up to 10702

The entertainment was mainly dancing shows, a couple of jugglers, an impressionist and a female singer.

The impressionist I had seen before which is fine but the routine, jokes and story about his child was exactly the same.

Thanks for your review!

Friends who have only sailed once loved the Ovation - next booked is the Radiance so it will be interesting how they compare the 2!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The radiance was great. Much smaller, more intimate and has a Starbucks!

The guest services manager Neilson Santana is a great guy

The impressionist I had seen before which is fine but the routine, jokes and story about his child was exactly the same.

I find that's not uncommon for ship's performers.

If you see them another cruise, it's often the same, or mostly the same material.