TEXTING on the Breakaway

caddykid12

How much is that service on board to allow you to tect each others phones i know each phone had to pay

But cant see what the price is

Has anyone used it on the BA. Is it a good service?

We tried to use it once and it did not work very well at all. Depending on what carrier you have, actual texting may not be terribly expensive. On Verizon for example, with their international plan, text messages are 50 cents to send and 5 cents to recieve (just make sure you have data roaming off because that is a fortune!). Depending on how heavily you plan on texting, that may not be that bad.

The service is $10/pp and it worked most of the time, but not always. Still, it was better than nothing.
And it only works on the ship with others who have the same plan. It does not work texting home. You have to contact your cell carrier to see what they offer for that.

Can confirm $9.99 per device to use it (off Breakaway today.) Main problem with messaging is in iPhones you must open the app to see messages and get notifications. If phone is dark and in your pocket - nothing. Open your home screen - nothing. Open IConcierge - oh there are the messages since the last time you looked. You need to check often. There are times we feel messages were delivered late also. But it's better than nothing. Notifications may work better on Android.

Can confirm $9.99 per device to use it (off Breakaway today.) Main problem with messaging is in iPhones you must open the app to see messages and get notifications. If phone is dark and in your pocket - nothing. Open your home screen - nothing. Open IConcierge - oh there are the messages since the last time you looked. You need to check often. There are times we feel messages were delivered late also. But it's better than nothing. Notifications may work better on Android.
Yikes! I wanted it to reach my brother who will be in another cabin in a timely manner....not 3 hours later. ugh! In this day and age you would think it would all be a bit simpler than this. I suppose it's better than nothing.

Yikes! I wanted it to reach my brother who will be in another cabin in a timely manner....not 3 hours later. ugh! In this day and age you would think it would all be a bit simpler than this. I suppose it's better than nothing.

You can always just call his cabin.

You can always just call his cabin.
I am buying the testing package so I can be in touch while he and the rest of us are out and about....not in our cabin, which we will not be in all that much. I know I can call his cabin. He is going to be with my disabled brother who lives with us here so I need to have contact while they are doing things here and there. Texting would be the answer.

We were very unhappy with the iConcierge texting on Escape in October.

I thought it was just us, but I see others have had a problem with iPhones as well.

No notifications came through, which essentially made the program completely useless.

We tried twice to go to internet desk; once the line was at least 12 people long and the other time there was no one there, so we just gave up.