A few questions about the Sunshine

I just booked the Sunshine. I was wondering about the Havana bar. Is it open so you can get a drink and look over the sea, or is it closed in with glass? Also, I understand they serve food in there. Can someone tell me what and when they serve it? TIA

As you face the bar with the pool at your back, the food is on the left side of the bar. It is about 4 nibbles - Cuban pastries. At breakfast there will be both sweet and savory. At lunch time it switches to mini Cuban sandwiches, a couple of other sample foods and a sweet treat. I believe it disappears after lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the Sunshine on Sunday. The Havana Bar area was awesome! It's semi hidden from the rest of the buffet area, so it was never crazy busy the entire week. There are tables on the back and sides with a view of the ocean. No long lines ever for omelets in the morning or WOK/Italian at lunch.

Just got off the Sunshine on Sunday. The Havana Bar area was awesome! It's semi hidden from the rest of the buffet area, so it was never crazy busy the entire week. There are tables on the back and sides with a view of the ocean. No long lines ever for omelets in the morning or WOK/Italian at lunch.

Another place to get an omelet, that's useful info. Thank you.

As you face the bar with the pool at your back, the food is on the left side of the bar. It is about 4 nibbles - Cuban pastries. At breakfast there will be both sweet and savory. At lunch time it switches to mini Cuban sandwiches, a couple of other sample foods and a sweet treat. I believe it disappears after lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cuban sandwiches were gross! They take the salt and pepper off the table after lunch as it turns into a hopping place to listen to a great latin band.

At lunch, we would eat our wok or pasta at those back tables by the big windows. We saw those sandwiches sitting out one day, but they didn't look appealing to us.

What we did like at the time is ... that bartender would give us our requested beer, Foster's Oilcan, each time unopened. We didn't ask to keep it closed.

One could build a nice stash with Cheers, and take offshore for the next beach day if they had a small collapsible cooler with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Forums mobile app

Cuban sandwiches were gross! They take the salt and pepper off the table after lunch as it turns into a hopping place to listen to a great latin band.

The ones I have had have always been good - keeping in mind they are sitting under a heat lamp. Best to grab them when fresh.

But usually, we aren't eating there for lunch. But a breakfast nibble with that first cup or tea or coffee before our kids are up is wonderful. They do some shreeded chicken that are heavily breaded and fried and they are delicious. Those are out most mornings. I also love their sweet cream cheese pastries!

To the OP - do not be mislead about people telling you Cucina and JiJis are free at lunch. While it is an accurate statement that the food prepared there is free, it is NOT the same food as dinner. During lunch, Cucina is effectively a order your own custom pasta bar - pick sauce, pasta, add in's etc. JiJi's is mongolian wok. At dinner, Cucina ($15) is a decent sit down 3 course Italian dinner - the steak is fantastic! JiJis ($15) is a family style 3 course tour of southeast asian dishes where the number in your party dictates the number of selections you will be allowed. JiJis is not to be missed IMHO.

This is some great info folks! We set sail on Sunshine in 17 days. It will be our first time ever on a Carnival ship and we are very excited. The ship looks fantastic to us and we are soaking up all the intel we can. My wife works with a lady who is platinum on Carnival and she has been giving us tips as well. I cannot remember having this much anticipation for a cruise in a long time. I see some Havana bar in our future.

This is some great info folks! We set sail on Sunshine in 17 days. It will be our first time ever on a Carnival ship and we are very excited. The ship looks fantastic to us and we are soaking up all the intel we can. My wife works with a lady who is platinum on Carnival and she has been giving us tips as well. I cannot remember having this much anticipation for a cruise in a long time. I see some Havana bar in our future.

Do not miss Alchemy either....fantastic place for pre-dinner cocktail.

Sunshine is our favorite ship....

Do not miss Alchemy either....fantastic place for pre-dinner cocktail.

Sunshine is our favorite ship....

I keep hearing that so it is on my list for sure. We usually pick one outside and one inside bar as our "go to" places to meet up and hang out. On RC it was the Schooner until the larger ships came out and it was stuck down in a hole. We switched to the Champagne bar (now renamed R Bar) because it is in a better location, more open, and we can see more of the goings on. It sounds like Alchemy is the place for that. I think Sunshine is going to climb to the top of our list as well. I just have a feeling....