Port Everglades / FLL airport car rental shuttle

dasania41

We are cruising on the oasis 2/6 and are doing Disney for a few days before. We will rent a car in Orlando and drive down to Fort Lauderdale for the night before the cruise. Question: is there a shuttle from FLL airport where we will drop the rental car off to the cruiseport? I've heard mixed messages. We will be renting through Dollar.

We are cruising on the oasis 2/6 and are doing Disney for a few days before. We will rent a car in Orlando and drive down to Fort Lauderdale for the night before the cruise. Question: is there a shuttle from FLL airport where we will drop the rental car off to the cruiseport? I've heard mixed messages. We will be renting through Dollar.

I understand from other people on CC . The rental companies at FLL have a shuttle to the port from the airport . If not it is $15 + tip to the port from the airport.

Edited by Kamloops50

You should contact the local rental car agency to be sure. I know that Avis, Budget, and Hertz have off-airport locations near the port with shuttles to the cruise terminals. However, none of those companies have shuttles to the cruise terminals from their locations at the airport.

Note that a taxi from the airport to the cruise port is only about $15.

Edited by clarea

Go with a cab. No waiting for a full shuttle. Not knowing if you are in line at the right spot.

As stated, 15 to 20 bucks for cab, or shuttle for $10+ per person...

dp

Cab fare will be around $20 with the tip.

The shuttles will stop at multiple ships. You have to figure out if it is worth $20 to arrive 30 minutes earlier.

Here is the answer, courtesy of member MADflyer and myself:

ONLY Alamo/National shuttle from the Airport. Must show return receipt to board shuttle. I use a big box store website and they often have incredible rates. I know this is true because we recently rented from Alamo and were offered the shuttle service; we have also rented from Budget and were denied the shuttle service.

Off site locations:

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Hyatt Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit.

Agree with those who said just take a taxi. It will not be more than $20.00 including tip, for up to 4 people. Contrary to what a few dishonest cab drivers may tell you, there is NO flat rate between FLL and Port Everglades (pier).

ONLY Alamo/National shuttle from the Airport. .

Not sure this is true. The last time we were at the airport, multiple rental companies had onsite locations. I believe Avis and Enterprise were a couple and there seemed to be many more.

Not sure this is true. The last time we were at the airport, multiple rental companies had onsite locations. I believe Avis and Enterprise were a couple and there seemed to be many more.

I believe the poster meant that while there are many car rental companies located onsite at the airport, there was only one that provided a shuttle to the cruise port.

I believe the poster meant that while there are many car rental companies located onsite at the airport, there was only one that provided a shuttle to the cruise port.

My experience was that they all shared the shuttle to the port. If that has changed, I stand to be corrected.

I'm using Dollar this weekend and have used them multiple times in the past. When you make your reservation online, use FLL for pickup location at the Ft Lauderdale Airport and click the return to different location box. Use FLLC19 for the drop off location. This is the Dollar Port Everglades facility on Miami Rd just outside one of the port entrances. They run a continuous shuttle to the cruise ship terminals. My rental this week is $24 (including all taxes and junk fees) for a mid-size, pick up Friday at 1PM and turn in on Saturday at port at 11AM.

My experience was that they all shared the shuttle to the port. If that has changed, I stand to be corrected.

Avis does not participate into the shuttle from the cruise port in FLL. They only have the shuttle to and from 17th St. We found this out first hand recently in FLL.

The port shuttle from the ship to the airport is for Enterprise and National and maybe others, but not Avis. The driver told us the rentals company's have to pay extra for this and Avis opted out.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

• 1 year later...

I am planning on doing a similar trip. We are renting a car Feb. 6th in Orlando and will be dropping off at Port Fort Lauderdale which is just outside the Port and obviously much closer to the Port. They relate they have shuttle to the Port and this seems to be the most expeditious way to do it.

Mark