Shared Coffee Card

petlover

I went swimming with mine and rendered it useless.

Didn't matter because the coffee is useless as well.

Stick to the free buffet coffee, after 10 days it will taste ok.

Failing that take your own, you'll know what I mean.;)

My friend did the sams thing with her card so she took it to passengers service

and they issued her a new one. No problem at all.

Tony

I have seen a couple of people comment that unlimited hot chocolate is available with the coffee card. We're headed to Alaska on the Grand in May and had been wondering about that. I see plenty of places stating that tea and brewed coffee are available. I have two questions.

1.) Can anyone confirm for certain that hot chocolate is included?

2.) My travel mug holds 16 oz and will keep tea hot for hours. Anyone have any idea whether they'll give me two teas and enough hot water for my mug in a single trip? They'd definitely both be for me as I am the only hot tea lover in the bunch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

I have seen a couple of people comment that unlimited hot chocolate is available with the coffee card. We're headed to Alaska on the Grand in May and had been wondering about that. I see plenty of places stating that tea and brewed coffee are available. I have two questions.

2.) My travel mug holds 16 oz and will keep tea hot for hours. Anyone have any idea whether they'll give me two teas and enough hot water for my mug in a single trip? They'd definitely both be for me as I am the only hot tea lover in the bunch!

Hot chocolate is definitely included as I have ordered it with the coffee card in the past. They do not take a punch for it, is is the same as the brewed coffee (unlimited on the voyage that the card was purchased).

Unfortunately I cannot comment on the tea because I've never tried to take a double portion. However, I don't see why they wouldn't give it to you if you ask.

On the Crown Princess 28-day sailing 10/20/16-11/17/16 regular/decaf brewed coffee, hot chocolate and tea (you can select your choice of tea bags) were all included, NO punches required. (Numerous times my wife had double tea bags with no problems whatsoever, her card was never punched.)

You MUST try the Banoffee Blast and the Rasberry Caramel Specialty Iced/Blended Coffees......1 punch required. Everyone will ask you "What is that? It looks so yummy"..............and they both are!

Edited by nipponcruiser

My friend did the sams thing with her card so she took it to passengers service

and they issued her a new one. No problem at all.

Tony

Tony I did the same thing, not at passenger services but at the I.C, and received a blank look, a garbled sentence that contained NO.

The "regular" coffee is free everywhere, in my opinion as a black coffee drinker who loves coffee, it is not very good. And I am being kind :p

Think it is some kind of coffee concentrate or syrup :eek:

Oh man :( that's disappointing to hear...hubby takes his black

Edited to add: When you buy the coffee card, do they have it waiting in your room when you get on the ship?

Edited by kbset

What is the cost of the coffee card? My next Princess cruise will be a 14 day Cape Horn on Emerald princess in Feb. 2018. I despise regular coffee and always order cappuccino with breakfast. Rather than pay as I go the card might be a better investment.

You can even find Princess coffee cards for sale on eBay in the $20-$29 range. The photos that accompany the items always show that the ship/sail date are blank but to tell the truth, I'm not sure that I'd be that trustful of the sellers, but ever if if those two are filled in, the cards would still be good for the specialty coffees so that might not even be a consideration. But I thought I'd mention this anyway.

Tom

Tony I did the same thing, not at passenger services but at the I.C, and received a blank look, a garbled sentence that contained NO.

I once lost my coffee card. Actually, DH suggested that even though he is not a coffee drinker, he should hold on to the card for "safe keeping". He then lost my card after only 4 punches! I returned to the IC and honestly explained what happened. The barista told me to get my account statement from the PSD as proof of purchase of the card. I returned with the statement and he promptly gave me a new card and punched 4 holes in it. I think he wanted to save DH from getting into trouble!

That is unusual.

Usually you can only get more than one brewed coffee at the same time if you show multiple coffee cards at the same time.

I did not know this and have never tried to cheat. When we bought a coffee card for the two of us (I usually will only order a cappuccino once or twice during a cruise), I specifically asked if I could get a couple of brewed coffees at one time. Even at the IC, I asked again to make sure I wasn't trying to scam the system and they had no problem giving me two cups of brewed coffee. The line was really long so maybe they were just trying to get it down with as little confrontation as possible. But, I would have never been confrontational. If they wanted to punch my card or charge me for that second cup of coffee, I would have been fine with that. I just never new this was the rule. Thanks for letting me know, though ... just so I am not taken by surprise if they do charge me.

I am not a fan of the coffee syrup ... although it does seem to have gotten somewhat better over the last couple of years.