Live from the Dawn its Friday Night

shoreguy

Rocking and Rolling – 190 miles off the NC coast.

Seas are getting better every hour. Currently 12-18 ft. We had some waves 25 to 30 earlier. Winds (38 knots) and seas are from the NW pushing us south at 22 knots. We are still expected to make St Thomas at 1 pm. We will see.

Just returned from the Martini Clinic so please excuse the quality of my post. Today was the biggest group ever for the clinic. The Star Bar was packed.

Embarkation - as expected a nightmare – Ship was 3 hours late – did not leave for the pier until 1:30 arriving at 2:30. Stepped on to the ship at 5:30. The good news once they started at 4 pm it went quickly.

CC sail away in the Star Bar did not happen – the Bar was booked for a private party. We had a very brief meeting this morning at 10:30 attended by about 35 members and about 8 officers from the Ship including Klaus the HD. It was very brief since they had moved the lifeboat drill to 11 am today. NCL did a great job with a full continental breakfast layer out for the group.

Had dinner last night in Impressions. We must have hit the good cow. The prime rib was like butter. Some of the best I have had anywhere. But it could have been the wine and te company.

They had two for one in the specialty restaurants last night.

Perhaps we will see the sun tomorrow but a great day at sea and good time for many to explore the ship. Dispite the rough seas and a bit of a roll to the ship most seem to be having a great time and no effects from the bumpy ride.

Answers to a couple of questions.

Wired Internet in cabins – only in the top 6 suites A1/AA

Wine by 5 get one free – not available on 10 day anymore as a standard offer. I did receive today a book of Master Card coupons since I used my NCL card that included a coupon for by 5 get one free.

Bar Setup – no problem it was waiting in my cabin (Heck they had all day to get it there)

Smuggling – Six pack of Poland spring goose made it on in my carry on to problem. Did meet a man dragging is checked bag back from the “room”. He just laughed.

Latitudes party – one today one tomorrow – lots of repeat cruisers – better then past trips. They continued to past shrimp and snacks for almost the whole hour. I missed the free bottle of bubbly by one cruise..

More to follow if i remember :D

:) Shoreguy, I have gotten a kick out of reading your play-by-play of your cruise!! You are a "Funnyguy"..... I can't wait to meet you next year on "our" February Dawn cruise!!..... (you seem to like the Dawn a lot, why??? What are your favorite things about cruising on the Dawn (besides going out of NYC??)

I hope your cruise is as fabulous as you want it to be!!!:)

Suesan:):):)

Shoreguy, keep it coming....

Did they give you nametags for the CC meeting, or should we bring our own?

The boards were down all last night into late this morning--we were suffering separation anxiety!

Robin

Bring your own - one member of our group made them it and it was very helpful.

Tried to post this yesterday but I was not going to fight the data base error message at $.50 per minute.

Itinerary update - live from the Dawn.

We got word yesterday on our new itinerary

San Juan - Sun – 3-10 PM

St Thomas – Mon. – 7 am – 5 pm

Antigua – Tues. – 7am – 5 pm

St Martin- Wed – 7 am – 5 pm (dock not tender)

Tortola – Thus – 7am – 1 pm

No Barbados

No problem mon

Seas remain a bit rough 12’ + but the sun is out, pool area is full, bbq in full swing.

Got the update excursion list - with the changes even one of mine has been canceled - thats life

Thanks for taking the time out from cruising to post...you are something else!

Three questions:

Do they have lounge chairs on any of the decks with cushions? On other cruises I have been on, it is usually on the promenade. They are so comfortable!

How was the weather the first day at sea? Were you able to get any "rays"?

What movies are playing in the cinema and in the cabins?

Thanks and have a great cruise!

Don

Hi Shoreguy,

if you check back in,i need a favor;)

there is supposed to be a Piano player/singer Ernie Scott on board,i believe he performes out side one of the Restaurants...he is a very old friend of the Family and used to play at my moms Restaurant(The Gallery)in WoodBridge,nj back in the late 60`s throughout the 70`s..it`s been years since iv seen him(about 30)....Just find out if you have the time if he will be on the ship,on the 29th of May....you can ask him if he used to play at the Gallery in Woodbrige but please don`t mention anything about me:D ...

if it`s him,id like to surprise him.....

thanks-

Hi Shoreguy,

So glad to hear you are having a great time. What type of cabin are you staying in? Was the bar set-up a special request or did it come with your cabin?

I was so disappointed to hear there was no wired internet in AB suites. I got a laptop for Christmas and planned on taking it to use in my AB suite next year. Are there any wireless areas on the ship?

Enjoy every minute of every day & looking foward to hearing all about your trip.

Hey shoreguy, thanks for the play-by-play. We'll be on board next Sunday & cannot wait.

Glad the seas have calmed down a bit.

Were you able to utilize the decks at all heading down from NY past Carolinas?

Was formal night Friday?

Have a wonderful time. Looking forward to pics & hearing more!!!

...Regarding internet AB's also have wired internet, but you must bring your own laptop.. Thats how I wrote my live reports the past two years.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info on wired internet. Do ALL AB's have the wired internet connection? Thanks again.

Hi Shoreguy,

if you check back in,i need a favor;)

there is supposed to be a Piano player/singer Ernie Scott on board,i believe he performes out side one of the Restaurants...he is a very old friend of the Family and used to play at my moms Restaurant(The Gallery)in WoodBridge,nj back in the late 60`s throughout the 70`s..it`s been years since iv seen him(about 30)....Just find out if you have the time if he will be on the ship,on the 29th of May....you can ask him if he used to play at the Gallery in Woodbrige but please don`t mention anything about me:D ...

if it`s him,id like to surprise him.....

thanks-

I will check :D

Archived