Elbe Cruises

Los_Pepes

Good Morning,

I know that Viking has a cruise on the Elbe. Are there any other lines that do a similar sailing?

Thanks

I believe that Grand Circle has a ship, but know that Vantage does. We are booked with them next April. The river is very shallow so it take a specially built ship to be able to sail on it.

Cole

I believe that Grand Circle has a ship, but know that Vantage does. We are booked with them next April. The river is very shallow so it take a specially built ship to be able to sail on it.

Cole

Yes, both do.

Hello Los Pepes,

have you had a look at the youtube videos? Most of them are official ones for marketing but a few are private videos. I really like the one called croisières sur l'Elbe Documentaire (official one). My French is not good but the pictures are stunning so I ignore most of the commentary. :o

I really recommend doing one's homework on the Elbe cruises. The one's marketing to non-European cruisers seem to all start or end in Berlin.

Berlin is not on the Elbe but on the Spree!

The ships are boarded in Potsdam or - close by - in Tangermünde. That is the river Havel!

Then the ships sail to the Elbe - partly along a canal!

Again, Prague is not on the Elbe either, but on the Moldau!

You disembark in Dresden or Melnik / Litomerice (depending on the company and itinerary) and are transferred overland to Prague.

Of course, to some this will not matter. I do find, though, the internet site of Viking could be a bit more specific about this.

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid

Los Pepes, I am posting from Viking Fontane, which is moored at Dresden and cannot move until the river level rises. at least 10cm. The sister ship is moored at Wittenburg. Viking are adhering to the excursion program as much as possible and like the passengers hoping for heavy rain. We are not seeing the river and enjoying the special ambience of river cruising. Very disappointing.

I will be posting a review after the cruise.

Los Pepes, I am posting from Viking Fontane, which is moored at Dresden and cannot move until the river level rises. at least 10cm. The sister ship is moored at Wittenburg. Viking are adhering to the excursion program as much as possible and like the passengers hoping for heavy rain. We are not seeing the river and enjoying the special ambience of river cruising. Very disappointing.

I will be posting a review after the cruise.

Thank you for taking the time and updating us. Please keep us posted. I'm sorry that you vacation has been impacted. What a disappointment that must be.