VIP tour thru tavel agency

quilter49

I came across an agency from Florida that puts together air, transfers, cruise , and 2 day pre-cruise hotel stay. It is a great deal. I was wondering if anyone has done this. This is a new agency for me. I wanted to see if others have done this and what there experience was?

I'm not sure if I can give the name here or if I have to have someone respond to this?

Thanks.

I came across an agency from Florida that puts together air, transfers, cruise , and 2 day pre-cruise hotel stay. It is a great deal. I was wondering if anyone has done this. This is a new agency for me. I wanted to see if others have done this and what there experience was?

I'm not sure if I can give the name here or if I have to have someone respond to this?

Thanks.

Well, discussion of specific travel agencies is not allowed here on Cruise Critic.

You can, however discuss specific excursions. That is - "how long is it? Is there a lot of walking?" etc.

You can also ask specific questions about hotels - "is there a coffee shop? How close to port/airport?"

Thanks.

Hi

So, you can't name the agency. If you are unsure your can try an internet searches to see if there are any reviews about them. Always take the reviews with a grain of salt. You just want to make sure there aren't consistent issues.

Packaging cruise, air, hotels, even agency guide service, is done all over the world. You are paying a premium for the package, but they are making it easier for you. If the price and the package looks good, and you feel comfortable about the company, it could be a good fit for you. The only thing I can add is to make sure you either have included insurance or purchase it separately for both medical and trip.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

In recent years this has become commonplace...especially for the larger high volume cruise agencies. They generally work through a third party vendor who gives the agency a commission for acting as the middleman in the transaction. This relatively new industry is likely the result of cruise lines charging exorbitant prices for their overcrowded excursions. You certainly should take a good look at the package being offered by your agency, read all the fine print, and compare their pricing to both the cruise line's own packages as well as what it would cost to simply do it on your own. For example when we have looked at several cruise line's pre-cruise hotel/transfer packages we often find they cost at least double what it would cost for us to simply book the same (or better) hotel on our own and use taxis or Uber for the transfers.

Hank