Considering Staying On Board? Current Oasis, Harmony and Allure Cruisers

loudbmw

First, my prayers and concerns to those in the Hurricanes path. Please be safe.

The Oasis and Harmony are extending their current cruises at least until Tuesday, and in the case of the Allure, until Wednesday. We are on the Oasis now and the crew has been fantastic keeping us safe and with twice daily updates as well as offering various on board discounts for the extra days at sea.

My problem is getting off the ship on Tuesday and the long drive home to the Northeast. The storm is currently predicted to make a second landfall in the Carolinas and I suspect gas will be tight and I-95 was flooded for weeks after the last hurricane.

Has anyone currently on the Oasis, Harmony or Allure heard anything about the possibility of staying on board for the subsequent shortened cruise? Word on the ship's is that there are hundreds of cancellations for the next cruise.

Thanks

Granted this was a while ago, but we cruised right after 9/11, and RC had let people cancel if they wanted for our cruise and the next one. About halfway through our week little notices appeared in the stateroom and on bars, etc. around the ship offering a cheap deal if we wanted to stay on for the next week. In your situation I think staying on the ship for the extra time makes a lot of sense, so it can't hurt to ask at Next Cruise and see what they can do for you.

Original poster here, I checked with the NextCruise desk last evening. They said the 5 day Oasis cruise leaving on Tuesday was not in their system so no booking was possible.

They had no word yet on when the sailing would be available to book but to check again tonight (Friday).

We are in Cozumel today and tomorrow so we stocked up on any needed meds.

On board the Oasis now, I received a call from the NextCruise desk and they are now offering cabins for sale for our next shortened cruise (4 days) for guests currently on board. Pricing includes taxes and port charges but no Crown and Anchor discounts, gratuities are extra.

The sheet I saw said similar offers were being made for the Harmony and Allure. All categories are being sold on a guarantee basis with rooms to be assigned later. Bookings must be made by Monday evening.

Check with your NextCruise desk if interested.

On board the Oasis now, I received a call from the NextCruise desk and they are now offering cabins for sale for our next shortened cruise (4 days) for guests currently on board. Pricing includes taxes and port charges but no Crown and Anchor discounts, gratuities are extra.

The sheet I saw said similar offers were being made for the Harmony and Allure. All categories are being sold on a guarantee basis with rooms to be assigned later. Bookings must be made by Monday evening.

Check with your NextCruise desk if interested.

Curious about the prices.

I would take the discounted cruise in a heartbeat. Don't mind the extra gratuities. Would be better than being stuck on the road or in a lobby of a hotel. If I had the time I would just keep booking the next cruise if I know I can't even fly out.

For me if I were traveling during Hurricane season I would fly to the port and have no car. So this way if the situation was worse I would stay onboard the ship to be safe.

If it means doing laundry onboard so be it. I would call the airline in between cruises to change my date under the waiver and tell the agent to push it out as far as possible.

On allure now, going to hit next cruise desk today to see. A cheap few extras days sounds lovely. Great ship, great crew, mindful waiters of special requests. Izumi was so good we are going twice. I'd stick around on this ship for a few weeks in a row more.

Curious about the prices.

I'm on the oasis and checked this morning on a superior outside ocean view balcony and was told $400/ person for 3 day one port, Cozumel, and that did not include taxes, fees, or tips.

Current suite passengers told me they were offered $300 continued fair for BOTH of them and staying in the Loft suite.

I'm on the oasis and checked this morning on a superior outside ocean view balcony and was told $400/ person for 3 day one port, Cozumel, and that did not include taxes, fees, or tips.

Current suite passengers told me they were offered $300 continued fair for BOTH of them and staying in the Loft suite.

Great price for the suite guests, but not an exceptional price for the balcony.