What is “Electric White Night”?

MaiTaiMary

Mike Pack announced we are having this on our Horizon cruise in a couple of weeks. What is this?

Google is your friend:

This is nothing new. Every Carnival cruise I've been on since 2010 has had the 1-2 hour Electric White Night happy hour in the dance club, with $1-2 off select drinks only from that bar if you are wearing any piece of clothing or accessories that are white.

Unlike NCL, which on it's newer ships has black lights set up through out the ship for their shipwide all night long EWN (also called white hot neon nights), Carnival's EWN is nothing spectacular. Beyond the dance club no specials, activities or pricing are offered. So save packing space as many people will just do a white button down shirt or tie for guys with sundresses or wraps with white in the pattern for the ladies, since it also tends to coincide with the first Elegant Evening, while some just opt to use sort of simple accessories like a hair tie or white socks to get the discount.

http://www.cruisefanforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=173

• 3 months later...

Electric white nite is a big to do on the Vista. They had the celebration in the atrium and it was a party I think the older ships does it in the clubs. Moving forward to ships like the Vista, Horizon, and Panorama it is going to be a big deal. It was so much fun.

As the original poster of the quote in the 2nd post, I would like to amend my statement

On the Vista class ships, and some of the Carnival ships that have had the 2.0 upgrades in the past 12 months this has become a slightly bigger deal. Depending on the Cruise Director there may be a 60-90 minute pre-party in the atrium open to all ages with a few more activities, and once in the dance club the drink specials last more than an hour. It still tends to be the first Elegant Night.

A white deck party, most will wear white.

We've never seen it as a deck party on Carnival's ships. As others have already stated, it's typically held either in one of the lounges or in the Atrium. The last time I recall seeing a white night deck party (on the Lido deck) was on RCL many years ago.