Help packing pride out of Baltimore

ARI421

I need help packing for our cruise in two. Weeks out of Baltimore traveling with our son so I don't want to overpack since their is three in the room! When does it start to warm up? Second sea day? We like to change and dress for dinner every night so I don't want to be in a sun dress if it's freezing thanks so much. I am assuming first sea day is freezing and the last sea day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I need help packing for our cruise in two. Weeks out of Baltimore traveling with our son so I don't want to overpack since their is three in the room! When does it start to warm up? Second sea day? We like to change and dress for dinner every night so I don't want to be in a sun dress if it's freezing thanks so much. I am assuming first sea day is freezing and the last sea day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Look at the long range forcast.

If your driving make sure you put a snow shovel in the trunk...your never know what your going to come home to.....

This is quite true! OP...this time of year out of Baltimore you can expect the first 2 and the last 2 days to be quite chilly. That is why we do not sail out of Baltimore in the winter. On a 7 day cruise, 4 of them are quite chilly.

If your driving make sure you put a snow shovel in the trunk...your never know what your going to come home to.....

No need to bring a shovel!!

we disembarked the morning some 3 feet of snow was dumped on Baltimore, and they bring in railroad workers to shovel and plow out.

as for the way to pack, lots of layers... we left from Baltimore in December, knowing that Port Canaveral would be "hot" (in the upper 60s lower 70s) and Nassau and Freeport very hot (it was 90 in Nassau, never made it to Freeport thanks to the storm that eventually dumped feet of snow up the eastern seaboard... miserable ride back home to PA for sure). I wish I had NOT brought my heavy coat onboard, and just left it in the car. I wish I had packed more long sleeved t-shirts (i had packed none) and a cardigan to take on and off as I warmed/cooled. Onboard the ship wasn't cold unless you were actually going outside, or hanging around where doors open into the elements. It was cold for about a day, we hauled butt southeast to get into warmer weather as quickly as possible. it was a lot more rocky than we were expecting, but after the first day it wasn't too horrible. (coming back up in that storm was another story... three days of absolute awful seasickness... never before and never since has it been that bad). And then it got cold on the last sea day heading back to Baltimore.

Here are a few other things that i wish i did/did not bring:

-less sweaters, one or two would have been fine.

-more cardigans, taking on/off hoodies and sweaters was obnoxious and can't wear them to dinner

-a nice-ish pair of pants to wear in the dining room when i thought it was chilly

-a nice jacket to wear over my sundresses other nights

-a hat.

-more sunscreen. i was shocked at how quickly we turned pink, and i'm usually a sunscreen-aholic

-sunglasses

-a scarf (to both keep my neck and shoulders warm, and they're cute and can be stylish)

-less hoodies and sweaters

-not my heavy coat, a jacket would have been fine for florida

-only one nice pair of shoes, and then a pair of sneakers that aren't gym shoes (i run, and my gym shoes are not suitable for public consumption)

hope this helps!!! i think layering up my daughter was the hardest part, she doesn't like to wear a ton of clothes, and i ended up caving and letting her bring her own suitcase.