Birthday month perks onboard?

consmarci

Longtime member and cruiser here. My DD is on a springbreak cruise ( Sensation) with some friends.

One of the girls has a birthday in March and was given a 50.00 gift certificate to use in the spa and a bottle of wine. This is her first cruise. Is the birthday perk something new or just on the Sensation? I am cruising (Breeze) at the end of March and my birthday is in March and just wondering if I should expect the same. I am platinum if that matters.

My DD is on her 5th Carnival cruise and received her bottle of water and a pin and free drink coupon for the last night.

If anyone can shed the light on this, I'd appreciate it.

BTW Her friend was thrilled and that is always good for a new Carnival customer!

Longtime member and cruiser here. My DD is on a springbreak cruise ( Sensation) with some friends.

One of the girls has a birthday in March and was given a 50.00 gift certificate to use in the spa and a bottle of wine. This is her first cruise. Is the birthday perk something new or just on the Sensation? I am cruising (Breeze) at the end of March and my birthday is in March and just wondering if I should expect the same. I am platinum if that matters.

My DD is on her 5th Carnival cruise and received her bottle of water and a pin and free drink coupon for the last night.

BTW Her friend was thrilled and that is always good for a new Carnival customer!

Was the birthday communicated to anyone special at Carnival in advance of the cruise i.e. John Heald? Or would they just have gone by her check-in information? Was the birthday before, during or after the actual cruise?

Birthday is later in the month and no, the agent did not put it on her file. It was a total surprise, but such a great one!

Interesting, the only way they would know is by the check-in information. Maybe they are doing this for first-time cruisers who have their birthdays coming up.

I'm Diamond and got a 50 gift card at Christmas but I did book a cruise for my Bday in July around the same time. I thought it was for Christmas but it may of been for my Bday cruise. I used it in Jan. on the Elation

We sailed the Pride on 2/14/16, my DW's birthday was 2/8 and she too receive the $50 gift certificate for the spa and a bottle of wine. This was the second time we sailed around her birthday but the first time she received gifts for CCL and we did not make any special requests. I guess are reviewing your online check in information now. This is a nice enhancement.

There was a spot during online checkin where I noted that this trip was to celebrate our anniversary. Cruised on the Victory last week. 2nd day or so we had a card waiting with $50 spa credit, $25 for a bottle of wine and a card for a free 6x9 at pixels.

I believe your birthday has to be while you are ON the cruise not just that month. My husbands B-day was while we cruised last week. He got a gift. We talked with another cruiser who also had a b-day on the cruises and he also got the gift. I never mentioned anything to anyone about his b-day so they had to get the info from our sign in info.

Intersting that you mentioned the spa certificate. We sailded Sensation in January and on the first day, our room attendant brought a $50 spa certificate to my room for me specifically (FREE MANICURE BABY) One other member of our 8 member party was delievered on as well, but we all didn't get one. We were all previous (and recent) cruisers on Carnival and my birthday wasn't until February and my friends is in June.

We had each not visited the Spa on any of our previous cruises and we just assumed this was a promotion aimed at past cruisers who had not tried it yet.

Who knows, but I love the Fire and Ice manicure - DID I MENTION IT WAS FREE!!

There was a spot during online check in where I noted that this trip was to celebrate our anniversary. Cruised on the Victory last week. 2nd day or so we had a card waiting with $50 spa credit, $25 for a bottle of wine and a card for a free 6x9 at pixels.

I checked for where this info could be entered during the online check-in process but could not find it. My sister is celebrating a birthday 4 days before we board. Any info would be appreciated as this would be a great surprise for her.

I checked for where this info could be entered during the online check-in process but could not find it. My sister is celebrating a birthday 4 days before we board. Any info would be appreciated as this would be a great surprise for her.

Click Manage (tab) > My Booking > Cruise Details > click My Guests (blue tab) > click Modify (in blue under email address).

This will allow you to select birthday for occasion. Hope this helps!

I asked John Heald about this a while ago. He said it is not a new Carnival initiative. There is no guarantee that anyone will get anything for their birthday. If there is a push by a particular revenue producing venue on the ship that you are on, it is at their discretion to provide some type of small incentive (i.e., gift certificate).

Click Manage (tab) > My Booking > Cruise Details > click My Guests (blue tab) > click Modify (in blue under email address).

Thank you for posting these instructions. Our cruise is after my son's birthday and before my daughters birthday. I just put the information in. I wish I knew about this, 2 cruises ago because we always pick this week to cruise.

Thanks again!!!! :D

Edited by Hribal
I cannot spell...lol

My husband got one on his birthday, and the same night there was one addressed to me. My birthday was at the end of the month we were sailing in, and had made no notation anywhere aside from my information on file. Both cards were the $25 off a bottle of wine. It was a nice gesture, but we only used one of the gift cards.

I followed your instructions but there is no "modify" button on mine???

FOUND IT!! That certainly helped!! Thank you.