Infinity Beach Resort

Suzyrn89

Can anyone who has done Infinity Beach Resort give me some thoughts on it....whats included, is it less crowded that Paradise etc. It looks like a better choice. If you went there how did you get there, do you do a cab on your own or use the transportation from Infinity?

We did Infinity last week. It was not crowded at all. We have not been to Paradise so can't compare. The beach and ocean there were the most beautiful we saw.

They told us to go to Kiosk #7 and get the transportation there. We found Kiosk #7 easily, but there were some glitches. It may have been because we didn't go straight there the minute we got to port. I'm guessing if we had, there would have been more people who needed transportation and it would've been faster. We got there about an hour-an hour and a half after we docked, so it was just us. The person who was going to drive us said to wait in his air conditioned van, which we did. There was a lot of taxis and van's in the parking area, many of which were blocking our van. The driver said he'd be right back, he was waiting on a group of people. He left us in the van. Then after about 10-15 minutes he came back and moved his van, but moved it backwards and another van blocked us! DH was getting antsy by then and went out to find out what was wrong. Another man came and said he would take us in his car. We got out of the van and got into the other car. He was wearing an Infinity Bay polo shirt. He explained that the driver didn't want to take us because it was only two of us and he wouldn't make as much money. This driver, wearing the Infinity Bay polo shirt, said he was using his bosses' girlfriend's car to take us so we wouldn't have to wait any longer. That was nice. I'm thinking if we had gotten there when the others were there, and there were more people, we wouldn't have had to wait. That said, the people from Infinity Bay saw there was a problem and solved it. I suppose you could just get any old cab to take you there.

It was definitely worth it to go there, the place is gorgeous and I would definitely go back again. It is not all-inclusive, like some of the other places we went (Maya Chan, Nachi Cocum) and because we were only there a few hours (our all aboard was 3:30 so we left at 2) we did not order anything to eat or drink. (I brought a drink from the ship in my yeti-type cup that stayed frozen while we were there). They had places near the pool and beach to order food and drinks.

Time of year and number of ships in port are going to directly affect how busy West Bay Beach is.

Infinity shares a property line with Tabyana which is a cruise ship only excursion option.

If you really want to get away from the crazy Fosters which is on the opposite end of the beach from both the snorkeling and infinity has often been suggested as the quiet as part of the beach..

Busy / crowded also has an element of perception. One man's crowded overpopulated beach is another man's perfect party.

The good news about both Paradise Beach and Infinity is they have pools and as long as your day pass includes the pool you can get away from the crazy on the beach.

• 2 weeks later...
We did Infinity last week. It was not crowded at all. We have not been to Paradise so can't compare. The beach and ocean there were the most beautiful we saw.

They told us to go to Kiosk #7 and get the transportation there. We found Kiosk #7 easily, but there were some glitches. It may have been because we didn't go straight there the minute we got to port. I'm guessing if we had, there would have been more people who needed transportation and it would've been faster. We got there about an hour-an hour and a half after we docked, so it was just us. The person who was going to drive us said to wait in his air conditioned van, which we did. There was a lot of taxis and van's in the parking area, many of which were blocking our van. The driver said he'd be right back, he was waiting on a group of people. He left us in the van. Then after about 10-15 minutes he came back and moved his van, but moved it backwards and another van blocked us! DH was getting antsy by then and went out to find out what was wrong. Another man came and said he would take us in his car. We got out of the van and got into the other car. He was wearing an Infinity Bay polo shirt. He explained that the driver didn't want to take us because it was only two of us and he wouldn't make as much money. This driver, wearing the Infinity Bay polo shirt, said he was using his bosses' girlfriend's car to take us so we wouldn't have to wait any longer. That was nice. I'm thinking if we had gotten there when the others were there, and there were more people, we wouldn't have had to wait. That said, the people from Infinity Bay saw there was a problem and solved it. I suppose you could just get any old cab to take you there.

It was definitely worth it to go there, the place is gorgeous and I would definitely go back again. It is not all-inclusive, like some of the other places we went (Maya Chan, Nachi Cocum) and because we were only there a few hours (our all aboard was 3:30 so we left at 2) we did not order anything to eat or drink. (I brought a drink from the ship in my yeti-type cup that stayed frozen while we were there). They had places near the pool and beach to order food and drinks.

How do you contact them?

• 4 weeks later...

How does one book an Infinity day Pass????

We love going to Infinity Bay Resort. Great location, awesome and gigantic pool, great staff, good food and drinks, and pretty cheap. We went there the last three times we visited Roatan and also stayed for a week as well. Never seen more than 20 people there and treated great.

• 1 month later...

We were at Infinity beginning of Oct... we got the all inclusive pass... place is beautiful, pool is great with a picture view from pool overlooking the ocean which is sensational! it is a hotel and condo so there are not just 'boat people' The beach front is narrow... has lounges under the palms...security guard who comes over and let's you know he'll be making sure no bothers you... and the gun he was sporting made sure of that!... there is a parade of people passing on the beach... there is a dock where a cat' and fishing  boat came in picked up and dropped off... we were not bothered at all on beach... bounced back and forth between pool and beach.   Met some women who were from another boat and told us bout feeding fish... we went left towards the cliffs... with "tropical food'  (from walmart) in there hands... went to the coral wall which is full of guianas  ... sprinkled lil bit of fish food in waist deep water and next thing the water was yellow with yellow stripped fish... couple big fish got in on the action... explained they didn't bring french fries etc so not to upset their digestive system... snorkling in the area was Great!!

Went w all inclusive but that was a mistake... local beer only while the bar had reasonable priced Miller Lite and Coronos.. food was a buffet, but were serving delirious looking burgers for $10 pool side. save the money, day pass only!

Kiosk #7 is where we met and were on a van in minutes, it's a circus walking past them with each one calling out various tours... was lil skeptical untill they asked me if I was (my name)... said... this must be the place! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2018 at 11:05 AM, Outta My Work Clothes said:

We were at Infinity beginning of Oct... we got the all inclusive pass... place is beautiful, pool is great with a picture view from pool overlooking the ocean which is sensational! it is a hotel and condo so there are not just 'boat people' The beach front is narrow... has lounges under the palms...security guard who comes over and let's you know he'll be making sure no bothers you... and the gun he was sporting made sure of that!... there is a parade of people passing on the beach... there is a dock where a cat' and fishing  boat came in picked up and dropped off... we were not bothered at all on beach... bounced back and forth between pool and beach.   Met some women who were from another boat and told us bout feeding fish... we went left towards the cliffs... with "tropical food'  (from walmart) in there hands... went to the coral wall which is full of guianas  ... sprinkled lil bit of fish food in waist deep water and next thing the water was yellow with yellow stripped fish... couple big fish got in on the action... explained they didn't bring french fries etc so not to upset their digestive system... snorkling in the area was Great!!

Went w all inclusive but that was a mistake... local beer only while the bar had reasonable priced Miller Lite and Coronos.. food was a buffet, but were serving delirious looking burgers for $10 pool side. save the money, day pass only!

Kiosk #7 is where we met and were on a van in minutes, it's a circus walking past them with each one calling out various tours... was lil skeptical untill they asked me if I was (my name)... said... this must be the place! 

Do you remember how much you paid for the driver at Kiosk # 7 for round trip? They told us to pay the driver directly, then pay $20 for the day pass at the resort. Does that sound about right? TIA!

Edited by Moon Orchid

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2018 at 10:53 PM, Moon Orchid said:

Do you remember how much you paid for the driver at Kiosk # 7 for round trip? They told us to pay the driver directly, then pay $20 for the day pass at the resort. Does that sound about right? TIA!

it is correct - we were there 2 weeks ago. Kiosk #7, $15 roundtrip pp, and $20pp for a lounger and a rum punch. A bit expensive just for that, if you ask me, but we still had a nice enough time. Lots of vendors bugging you every darn minute...

We will be going back in April. :)

2018-12-20 11.06.02.jpg

2018-12-20 11.06.11.jpg

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 5:09 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

it is correct - we were there 2 weeks ago. Kiosk #7, $15 roundtrip pp, and $20pp for a lounger and a rum punch. A bit expensive just for that, if you ask me, but we still had a nice enough time. Lots of vendors bugging you every darn minute...

We will be going back in April. 🙂

2018-12-20 11.06.02.jpg

2018-12-20 11.06.11.jpg

Thank you. Love those pictures 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We will be stopping in Roatan early April this year and can’t find a whole lot of info on day passes for this resort, though the pictures of the pool and beach look beautiful. If anyone who has done a day pass there could answer a few questions I’d greatly appreciate it!

1) Is the resort kid-friendly? We have a 3 & 5 year old.

2) Do we need day pass reservations ahead of time or can we buy them the day we arrive? How much are passes?

3) What is the best option for transport? I’ve read some not so great things about the unregulated cabs in Roatan so I’d want to be sure we have a safe reliable transport.

Any other tips for a Roatan family Beach/pool day appreciated! Thanks.

We did Paradise beach (next door to Infinity) thru Shore Excursioneer for $37pp - including round trip transportation. We took a cab over the hill ($2pp) out of the port area to where the private excursions are. You can walk if you want to save that cost but I think it's worth it.

Once there we found the guy from Paradise and waited maybe 10-15 for another couple that had also booked. Once we got there we were given a time (maybe 1.5 or 2 hours before sail away) to meet back at the office and we all rode back together.

The pool at Paradise is HUGE and very kid friendly, and it is private with seating in the shade.

We have also went there as part of a "best of roatan" tour with Victor Bodden. It also included seeing the Monkeys and other animals and birds at his petting zoo. My kids (who were teens at the time) loved it.