What do you consider a good price?

I don't have a rule of thumb for inside staterooms. However, for balconies, I look for $100 per person / per day, before taxes and gratuities. A good deal on a JS for us would be $150 per person / per day. So the inside would have to be significantly less than $100pppd for me to consider it a good deal.

Wow, I booked the same cruise in a balcony and we got nowhere near $100.00pp a day price. I had thought we got a good deal but now I am wondering!!

Wow, I booked the same cruise in a balcony and we got nowhere near $100.00pp a day price. I had thought we got a good deal but now I am wondering!!

I've not seen prices around my rules of thumb very often for a couple of years. I'll continue to look for good prices, but we may be booking OV staterooms soon.

I've not seen prices around my rules of thumb very often for a couple of years. I'll continue to look for good prices, but we may be booking OV staterooms soon.

I have always used the $100.00pp per day guide - and was able to get that price or lower even on Oasis and Allure - but I the past couple of years I finding it very hard to get that with a balcony. I have a couple of cruises upcoming, but if prices don't stabilize, we may switch to other forms of vacations for awhile. In my opinion RCI is getting too pricy.

I have always used the $100.00pp per day guide - and was able to get that price or lower even on Oasis and Allure - but I the past couple of years I finding it very hard to get that with a balcony. I have a couple of cruises upcoming, but if prices don't stabilize, we may switch to other forms of vacations for awhile. In my opinion RCI is getting too pricy.

We got great prices when the Harmony schedule came out. A bit less than $100pp per day for a ocean balcony. I think we'll all know Royal's direction when the new itineraries come out in a few days. Book early!!

I just did a quick check on a couple of other cruise lines and their prices are not that much better. This is for Caribbean cruises. it is very discouraging

I just did a quick check on a couple of other cruise lines and their prices are not that much better. This is for Caribbean cruises. it is very discouraging

I guess this is what happens when the economy gets better.

MSC had a real BOGOHO a few weeks ago.....not sure if it's still going on. $1000 for 2 in an ocean balcony for 7 days.

MSC had a real BOGOHO a few weeks ago.....not sure if it's still going on. $1000 for 2 in an ocean balcony for 7 days.

I saw that- I was tempted to book it but did not. They also had a special that included a beverage package. Prices were not that bad for that either

Shelton, you have not tried MSC, have you?

Not yet.....was waiting for you! lol

Actually was waiting for the new itineraries from Royal. With our land vacations mixed in......we are pretty full through April 2017. Leslie likes our "Home Time" too.

Not yet.....was waiting for you! lol

Actually was waiting for the new itineraries from Royal. With our land vacations mixed in......we are pretty full through April 2017. Leslie likes our "Home Time" too.

Depending on prices, we may not book anything for 2017-2018. We will soon see.

If you do get serious about MSC, please let me know.

I don't know, I'm thinking of another cruise line that might be darker!

Interesting topic . I will follow. MSC is sure doing a lot of advertising on television now. So much so that I started to think about them.

Does anyone know of any ships that have the equivalent to the RCL Royal Promenade? That is a big selling point for me.

Interesting topic . I will follow. MSC is sure doing a lot of advertising on television now. So much so that I started to think about them.

Does anyone know of any ships that have the equivalent to the RCL Royal Promenade? That is a big selling point for me.

I have read that their ships are beautiful, but I've not read about anything like the Royal Promenade.

Edited by clarea

I was thinking it waa going to harder this year to find something from the UK with all the packaging going on prices have been higher for the stuff we have been looking at.

then pops up a flycruise from the UK throw in a couple of nights hotel each end and cruise air making 20n total comes in at £1050 GTY Balcony that $1500 or $75pppn thats more like it.

a couple of transfers and grats on top still under $100pppn

they are out there if you jave some flexibility, I am noticing far less really late offers and more deep discount earlier(months) to off load cabins.

NCL sold off the JAn Feb EPIC med slow sellers in Sept/Oct prices went up and never droped back to the lows.

Hotel prices and land based trips is irrelevant for comparison to a cruise price. Time of year, popularity, cruise line and ship is what matters.

I agree wholeheartedly. Hotels don't generally include unlimited food, entertainment, and the excitement of waking up in a different country every day. There's no comparison.

Having said that, for me $100 or less for a balcony is a decent price.

I would look for a better deal for ocean view. Not a fan of insides, as I prefer longer cruises and would be claustrophobic