All Access Tour

I would love to see those areas, and have heard great things about the tours, but alas as a mariner myself pride (or some similar emotion) prevents me from spending $150 on a ship tour. [emoji383] [emoji35] [emoji383]

If you're planning to hang around Royal for a while, I believe the tour becomes a perk at Diamond or thereabouts. [emoji323]

I would love to see those areas, and have heard great things about the tours, but alas as a mariner myself pride (or some similar emotion) prevents me from spending $150 on a ship tour. [emoji383] [emoji35] [emoji383]

If you're planning to hang around Royal for a while, I believe the tour becomes a perk at Diamond or thereabouts. [emoji323]

Diamond Plus usually receive an invitation to the bridge or galley tour. However, those tours are much less extensive than the All Access tour.

My husband and I did the All Access Tour on FOS in September. It was the only excursion we booked for the week, and we really enjoyed it.

It was over 3 hours long, with a break for lunch in the MDR. At the beginning of the tour they passed around a MDR menu and took our order, then during break we all sat together at one of the large tables on the main floor, along with the two crew members who were our tour guides. Our group was small; only 8 - 10 of us. It was a very good tour, not rushed, and they took time for lots of questions at every stop we made along the way.

The tour began on deck 10, forward, and the first area we toured was the bridge. I don't remember the exact order, but we toured the bridge, galley, back-stage tour of the theater. During this part of the tour we all sat front row and the aerial acrobats who were rehearsing performed for us. Backstage of Studio 10 where they do the ice show, quite a bit of the crew deck including their dining area, indoor/outdoor rec area and crew bar. Galley tour, including all different types of food storage areas, the deck where they do recycling, mooring deck, and the engine control room, where we were given a tour by the Chief Engineer. We ended in the Champagne Bar with a toast, and were all given RC tote bags with some different swag.

If you do decide to do the tour, you're required to wear long pants and closed toe shoes. I would recommend something with good traction. The floors in the galley are very slippery in some areas.

If you enjoy those behind the scenes cruise ship shows on Travel Channel, you will love this tour.

• 4 weeks later...

We just got off the Brilliance where we did the all access tour. This is something my wife has wanted to book on past cruises, but I really thought $150 was a lot of money for it. I caved on this short cruise to Mexico, and I am happy I did. We really liked it.

There were some parts that we both enjoyed, such as the engine control room and the bridge, some areas I enjoyed, (I loved seeing the staff areas, such as staff 'disco' which was really just a bar/lounge with pool tables, etc.. and cafeteria, and loved hearing about staff life onboard), and some areas my wife really loved (she loved all the backstage stuff, seeing all the costumes used in the productions, etc.)

The laundry was fascinating, huge equipment onboard for pressing linens. They even have made a machine for steam pressing the staffs t-shirts, it is like an old dress form hooked up to a steam line that when a t-shirt is put on the form, and the steam is blown thru it, it blows out the t-shirt with steam and removes the winkles.

The save the waves info was pretty interesting too, other than recyclables and a pallet of incinerated ash, they do not remove hardly anything from the ship. The waste water and food waste is processed and treated and thoroughly tested and the result is discharged at sea.

We almost had the whole tour to ourselves, one person booked at the last minute and almost did not get to go, but it ended up just the 3 of us on the tour, so we had no problems getting our questions answered!

We just did this tour a couple of weeks ago on Explorer of the Seas. I am finishing up my trip report this weekend and am posting about the tour with a ton of pictures.

The link is in my signature. However, if you don't see signatures here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2148764

We enjoyed the tour very much. It was 3.5 hours long with no sitting and no lunch.

We just did this tour a couple of weeks ago on Explorer of the Seas. I am finishing up my trip report this weekend and am posting about the tour with a ton of pictures.

The link is in my signature. However, if you don't see signatures here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2148764

We enjoyed the tour very much. It was 3.5 hours long with no sitting and no lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to book this tour online or via travel agent, or is it only possible to do it at Guest Services desk onboard?

Another question, can I know beforehand whether is it available for a certain ship/itinerary (Adventure, March 29th, 2015)?

We took the tour in the Indy last year.

We both thoroughly enjoyed it. We leart so much and we lucky enough to go around the tour with relatives of the head chef so we got to see the staff bar/breakout area and a staff cabin too.

I have lots of great photos if I could only figure out how to upload them!

I would definitely recommend!

• 1 month later...

My nephew and I are taking the tour on the Navigator at the end of March. To prepare, would anyone have some suggested questions I can raise during the tour? I'm a typical just listen and enjoy guy, but I'd like to have some questions ready, and maybe give them to my nephew to ask. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

My nephew and I are taking the tour on the Navigator at the end of March. To prepare, would anyone have some suggested questions I can raise during the tour? I'm a typical just listen and enjoy guy, but I'd like to have some questions ready, and maybe give them to my nephew to ask. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

When you get to the bridge, ask them how many generators they are using.